Why couldnt the Democratic classes of 2006 and 2008.......... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why couldnt the Democratic classes of 2006 and 2008.......... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why couldnt the Democratic classes of 2006 and 2008..........  (Read 1791 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »

the lesson of the 2010 districts is that you have to realize what districts you need to win to get a majority. In my opinion, I think the democrats in 06 and 08 should have withheld funding from incumbents in reactionary districts (think someone like Lincoln Davis) and made sure the can capture what I call the ancestrally republican "silk stocking districts" such as CA 50 or WA 8. At least in the silk stocking districts there is a brighter future as opposed to TN 4.

Davis was one of my favorites...sigh. In his defense, most polls showed the outcome of his race would be closer than it actually was, so I can see why the DSCC spent money there. But I agree with you that districts like TN-04, OK-02, AR-04, etc. is moving aggressively towards the GOP.

I do think most of the House races last year were intensely nationalized. Republicans like Steve Palazzo and Vicki Hartzler were running against Nancy Pelosi, not Gene Taylor or Ike Skelton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies