Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 02:35:07 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, Virginia)
| | |-+  Guess Louisiana's runoff election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Guess Louisiana's runoff election
Vitter wins in the first round.
Vitter wins against Edwards in the second round.
Vitter wins against another Republican in the second round.
Show Pie Chart

Author Topic: Guess Louisiana's runoff election  (Read 6215 times)
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 1640
United States
View Profile
« on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:06 am »
Ignore

Now that New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu has refused to retake the Governor's Mansion (which I think was a big, big mistake) David Vitter is likely to become Jindal's successor.

Logged

Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 14441
United States


Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: 0.70

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 10:21:42 am »
Ignore

I'd say we're at a 60% chance of a Vitter win and a 40% chance of a Dardenne win. I just don't see a path for Edwards, though I'm waiting for additional polling before I move the race over to Safe R. Angelle doesn't have a path to victory, period.
Logged

I would like to apologize to Senator John McCain, and anyone else who cares, for endorsing Ann Kirkpatrick for Senate '16. McCain showed on the Skinny Repeal Vote that he is a moderate and is a good choice for Arizona. He has my endorsement for any election he runs in in the future.



http://www.tengaged.com/user/JasonEldridge
----

'17 Gov. Ratings: https://tinyurl.com/h35xfkr (updated 6/15)
'18 House Rating: Strong Lean R
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 27616
Germany


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:22:51 pm »
Ignore

I mean, maybe if Dardenne made the run-off he'd have a chance. But it looks like he's going to get a very very distant third place in the jungle primary, and Edwards obviously loses to Vitter. That being said, it probably will go to a second round.
Logged

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 19452
United States


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:36:51 pm »
Ignore

Sigh, Vitter but there's no chance he wins outright.
Logged


ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 15280
United States


Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -7.30

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 01:47:59 am »
Ignore

Vitter in runoff with Edwards.
Logged
smoltchanov
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 3299
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 03:00:21 am »
Ignore

Vitter in runoff with Edwards.

The same. Edwards as lone Democratic candidate (at least serious) will, most likely, get into runoff, and Dardenne and Angele - win enough votes to force run-off, but Vitter will win. By present day Louisiana standards he (Vitter) is even not especially conservative...
Logged

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48. Like to collect bans on partisan sites (4-5 on DKE (+ SSP) and on RRH).
Cory Booker
olawakandi
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 16566
Jamaica


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 08:09:07 am »
Ignore

Sigh, Vitter, but there's no chance he wins outright.

Let's see what the nxt poll comes in at; I am clearly not giving up on Bel Edwards. Especially, against Vitter who has baggage. I am willing to give Edwards a chance.
Logged

President:
S-NJ Cory Booker
P-OH Tim Ryan

Gubernatorial election
S-NJ Phil Murphy
P-VA Ralph Northam

Senatorial election
S-NV Rosen
L-MI Kid Rock😂
S-OH Sherrod Brown
TP-AZ Kelli Ward elected
smoltchanov
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 3299
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 11:51:00 am »
Ignore

Sigh, Vitter, but there's no chance he wins outright.

Let's see what the nxt poll comes in at; I am clearly not giving up on Bel Edwards. Especially, against Vitter who has baggage. I am willing to give Edwards a chance.

You - may be. But not people of Louisiana.
Logged

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48. Like to collect bans on partisan sites (4-5 on DKE (+ SSP) and on RRH).
Cory Booker
olawakandi
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 16566
Jamaica


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 12:53:32 pm »
Ignore

Yes, Vitter will win, but he is polarizing; unlike Foster and Jindall, because of this, this race LR, not Safe GOP. That's why I quoted Miles.
Logged

President:
S-NJ Cory Booker
P-OH Tim Ryan

Gubernatorial election
S-NJ Phil Murphy
P-VA Ralph Northam

Senatorial election
S-NV Rosen
L-MI Kid Rock😂
S-OH Sherrod Brown
TP-AZ Kelli Ward elected
smoltchanov
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 3299
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 01:25:05 pm »
Ignore

Yes, Vitter will win, but he is polarizing; unlike Foster and Jindall, because of this, this race LR, not Safe GOP. That's why I quoted Miles.

IMHO, Jindal is even more polarizing. But race is really at least Likely R. May be the best solution for Democrats in this situation would be not to run their candidate at all and tacitly endorse Dardenne. He could beat Vitter in 1-1 race, and is a pragmatic conservative (probably the best we can expect from Louisiana in statewide race for now). But right now he, most likely, will not get into run-off.
Logged

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48. Like to collect bans on partisan sites (4-5 on DKE (+ SSP) and on RRH).
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 27616
Germany


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 01:55:27 pm »
Ignore

Unlike Jindal (who is at 30% approval in a deeply Republican state) and Foster (who won David Duke's endorsement), yes, I agree, David Vitter is totally polarizing.

Who is feeding you lines, your dog?
Logged

badgate
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 5447


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »
Ignore

Who is "Edwards"?
Logged

Political Matrix Score
Economic: -6.32
Social: -4.17

"Hubert Humphrey must not have been considered very fun either."-Gilmore Girls
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 27616
Germany


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 07:28:47 pm »
Ignore

Who is "Edwards"?

John Bel Edwards, the Democratic candidate for Governor
Logged

TDAS04
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 11080
Nepal


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 07:52:21 pm »
Ignore

Option 2
Logged

Economic:  -2.71
Social:  -5.74
Adam T
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 3408
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »
Ignore

I predict John Bel Edwards will pull out a narrow win over Diaper Dave.
Logged



Proposed phrase for a radical centrist: Empathy for all sides, commitment to none.
NewYorkExpress
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 5165
United States


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 06:46:24 pm »
Ignore

Vitter avoids a runoff.

I suspect Edwards's will end with about 23-25% of vote, and Dardenne will likely receive about 18-20%, Vitter receives almost everything else, roughly 51-54%... The big question is how much Edwards will receive, while Dardenne probably won't make the runoff.
Logged

Roy Moore is going to be Alabama's next Senator...I guarantee it.
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 19452
United States


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 07:13:45 pm »
Ignore

^ You forgot about Angelle...
Logged


Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 27616
Germany


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »
Ignore

Vitter avoids a runoff.

I suspect Edwards's will end with about 23-25% of vote, and Dardenne will likely receive about 18-20%, Vitter receives almost everything else, roughly 51-54%... The big question is how much Edwards will receive, while Dardenne probably won't make the runoff.

Friendly advice: please go to wikipedia BEFORE you come out with some bold prediction.
Logged

Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 14441
United States


Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: 0.70

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 08:08:41 pm »
Ignore

^ You forgot about Angelle...
Angelle will only get like 7% though.
Logged

I would like to apologize to Senator John McCain, and anyone else who cares, for endorsing Ann Kirkpatrick for Senate '16. McCain showed on the Skinny Repeal Vote that he is a moderate and is a good choice for Arizona. He has my endorsement for any election he runs in in the future.



http://www.tengaged.com/user/JasonEldridge
----

'17 Gov. Ratings: https://tinyurl.com/h35xfkr (updated 6/15)
'18 House Rating: Strong Lean R
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Logout

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines