Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 02:45:50 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Who will win in Illinois?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Who will win in Illinois?
Pat Quinn (D), I   -25 (39.1%)
Bruce Rauner (R)   -39 (60.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Who will win in Illinois?  (Read 1241 times)
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 08:19:06 am »
Ignore

Quinn. Never underestimate Chicago.

In a non-Presidential year, turnout will be lower, and Quinn is very unpopular.  IMO, the suburbs will provide his margin of defeat.

Quinn was re-elected in a non-presidential year, he was also unpopular at the time. I'm not disagreeing with you though, I think he'll lose this time around as Rauner is a better candidate than Brady and Quinn is more unpopular than he was before.

2014 Senate Prediction
2014 Governor Predictions

Endorsements:

WI-1: Paul Ryan
Gov/Lt. Gov: Scott Walker/Rebecca Kleefisch
AG: Tom Nelson
SoS: None
Treasurer: Matt Adamczyk
Ballot Measure: No
NHLiberal
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 04:47:47 pm »
Ignore

Quinn. Never underestimate Chicago.

In a non-Presidential year, turnout will be lower, and Quinn is very unpopular.  IMO, the suburbs will provide his margin of defeat.

Quinn was re-elected in a non-presidential year, he was also unpopular at the time. I'm not disagreeing with you though, I think he'll lose this time around as Rauner is a better candidate than Brady and Quinn is more unpopular than he was before.

I agree with this. Imagine if Dillard was the nominee, the race would be over by now

Basically with Hillary vs. the GOP field, you're picking between spending the summer living with the shrill aunt who isn't much fun at all or the uncle whose hand always gets a little too close to your privates whenever you're around him.  No matter how much fun he claims you're going to have reforming government together just you and him, the aunt has the edge.
muon2
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »
Ignore

It would be nice if the tail end of this thread were spliced on to the August thread of the same name and then this one locked so all the comments were in one place.

Bit of a novice at Atlas modding, but can't Mods merge threads? Seems like a pretty basic moderator tool on most other forums

Yes, but that requires one of this board's Mods to do the work. I could do it if it were on the board I mod, but I can't do it here.

Lunar Eclipse of April 15, 2014 with the star Spica.
KCDem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 07:27:18 pm »
Ignore

Rauner by less then 3 points.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout