What America Needs to Return to Normalcy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:16:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What America Needs to Return to Normalcy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What America Needs to Return to Normalcy  (Read 5112 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 27, 2011, 03:37:44 AM »

I feel like I'm cheating such a tome... with such a simple response... but... bollocks.

OK...

I actually like Romney, I don't think he's out of his mind - but if you think he's Reagan 2.0 you've got another thing coming - Romney is GHW Bush 2.0.

Romney's problem is that he doesn't seem to have stable positions on anything...

If Romney were to win... watch him implement basically a re-branded version of what Obama is proposing... because he does know how economies work.

Buuuuut.... your reasoning... and your constant need to create threads basically saying the same thing over and over again (which is based on feeling and nothing more)... is still bollocks.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »

I feel like I'm cheating such a tome... with such a simple response... but... bollocks.

OK...

I actually like Romney, I don't think he's out of his mind - but if you think he's Reagan 2.0 you've got another thing coming - Romney is GHW Bush 2.0.

You have such high standards.  Yeah, he's pretty much an arrogant douchebag/opportunist that says anything to get into office.  He wouldn't even be that effective, but I like him because he knows what he's doing.  Tongue

lol

I don't think you read my comments correctly.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 06:21:38 PM »

And... one idea that you conveniently don't mention.

The fact that there is an entire party out there telling everyone how awful the economy is and how "that" man is responsible... it's not just the president's responsibility to reassure the people.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »

And... one idea that you conveniently don't mention.

The fact that there is an entire party out there telling everyone how awful the economy is and how "that" man is responsible... it's not just the president's responsibility to reassure the people.

He had his chance, and I do not blame people for calling him on his failure. And I am somebody who likes the president, has personally shaken hands with the man and believe he is a good, honest man.

As have I... but you didn't address my point. The GOP's entire campaign is based on rubbishing the economy - and saying the President is the one to blame.

Now, I accept that the President early-on chose the wrong priorities and need to move on jobs. But that doesn't excuse that this is Act III of a play that started before he got there.

If people want to live in a fantasy land that the economy will just heal itself, and like any credit card Bill... if you don't pay it off, interest increases... the amount you have to pay increases, and you need to borrow more to pay that debt... then fine, blame only Obama.

It's happening here too, but it's even more stupid here... since our economy is considering one of the most stable in the Western World (cue Wonkish to tell me yet again that it's all about China ...) you have the Conservatives telling people that the economy is weak and people have never been worse off... when the facts tell us the opposite... but the economic confidence indicators are low.

It's the responsibility of ALL political leaders to promote confidence in the economy - and to use it for political gain (especially when there is decent economic news floating around) is an intellectually dishonest thing to do... sometimes there are more important things than winning.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:44:53 PM »

Now, I accept that the President early-on chose the wrong priorities and need to move on jobs. But that doesn't excuse that this is Act III of a play that started before he got there.

It's the responsibility of ALL political leaders to promote confidence in the economy - and to use it for political gain (especially when there is decent economic news floating around) is an intellectually dishonest thing to do... sometimes there are more important things than winning.

I fully agree with these sentiments, but disagree that the GOP is not giving Obama a fair shake. This is late 2011, not early 2009. We are almost in 2012. The GOP is simply stating the obvious, which has been on the mind of the vast majority of Americans for quite some time: Obama was not ready to handle this job, he has failed in most areas of domestic policy, and he does not deserve four more years.

I disagree with your end hypothesis... but I doubt we'd agree anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies