Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 05:19:30 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  UK General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] Print
Author Topic: UK General Discussion  (Read 80561 times)
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.93, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 10, 2014, 04:08:16 pm »
Ignore

Michael Fabricant, Vice Chair of the Conservative Party was asked to resign today, refused, then was sacked. Most likely due to his calling for Maria Miller to resign on Twitter and vocal anti-HS2 views (a-la Justine Greening moving from the transport brief).

Fabricant always creeped me out. He looks like a shrivelled up Boris Johnson.

Then again it was probably a bad idea to appoint a self-described "maverick" to a leadership role. Maverick politicians are normally best suited to minor parties, the backbenches and crap reality TV. Watch as an unleashed Fabricant seeks the oxygen of media exposure to revenge himself on the party establishment.

Nigel Evans found not guilty, therefore no Ribble Valley by-election.

Will he be reinstated as Deputy Speaker?

Yeah, he's a.. character, shall we say. I do find him quite an amusing fellow, he hosted our University freshers event and went down a treat.

To the second question, unlikely.

Not just that. The evidence against him like wet tissue. It should have never gone to court.

If the Guardian article on the case is accurate I'd have to agree.  What were the police and CPS doing?

I read the article too, seems Sarah Wollaston played a big role in getting the police involved. Never really been fond of her.

Also, Norman Tebbit calls for Martin McGuinness to be assassinated.

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 10, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »
Ignore

One is allowed to day dream, even of the death of your enemies.

Not the Christian thing to do, but I cant really blame him. If he was an active politician it would be another matter, but this is only human.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Winston Churchill

"While I am a great believer in the free enterprise system and all that it entails, I am an even stronger believer in the right of our people to live in a clean and pollution-free environment."

Barry Goldwater

The way 90% of Atlas threads end up:
Assemblyman Cassius
Cassius
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 10, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »
Ignore

Michael Fabricant, Vice Chair of the Conservative Party was asked to resign today, refused, then was sacked. Most likely due to his calling for Maria Miller to resign on Twitter and vocal anti-HS2 views (a-la Justine Greening moving from the transport brief).

Fabricant always creeped me out. He looks like a shrivelled up Boris Johnson.

Then again it was probably a bad idea to appoint a self-described "maverick" to a leadership role. Maverick politicians are normally best suited to minor parties, the backbenches and crap reality TV. Watch as an unleashed Fabricant seeks the oxygen of media exposure to revenge himself on the party establishment.

Will he be reinstated as Deputy Speaker?

Yeah, he's a.. character, shall we say. I do find him quite an amusing fellow, he hosted our University freshers event and went down a treat.

To the second question, unlikely.

Not just that. The evidence against him like wet tissue. It should have never gone to court.

If the Guardian article on the case is accurate I'd have to agree.  What were the police and CPS doing?

I read the article too, seems Sarah Wollaston played a big role in getting the police involved. Never really been fond of her.

Well, it would be a rather just dessert for him I must say.

'Wherever an altar is found, there civilization exists' - Joseph de Maistre

'It minds me not that you dress like a mad parrot and talk like a plate of beans negotiating their way out of a cow's digestive system. It is no skin off my rosy nose that there are bits of lemon peel floating down the Thames that would make better Regents than you. The fact is, you *are* regent, appointed by God, and I shall stick by you forever'

Economic score: +6.77_+5.81
Social score: +7.22_+6.61
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2153 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:34 pm »
Ignore

Richard Hoggart, massively influential public intellectual and author of The Uses of Literacy, has died aged 95.

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2154 on: April 11, 2014, 11:42:33 am »
Ignore

Post-Savile, they'll have it hard either way. It says something that of the celeb sex prosecutions recently that have returned verdicts, the only 'wins' for the CPS have been Stuart Hall (who pled guilty) and that fairly obscure singer.

YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -6.70

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 12, 2014, 02:30:11 am »
Ignore

Jeremy Browne (the very right wing Lib Dem MP for Taunton Deane and former minister) suggests his own party is pointless:

Every political party and every politician has to be able to answer the question: if you didn't exist why would it be necessary to invent you?

I'm not sure it would be necessary to invent an ill-defined moderating centrist party.

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 12, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »
Ignore

Euan Blair looking at Bootle apparently.

He's hoping to ride in on Cherie's "local roots". Roll Eyes

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 12, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »
Ignore

Euan Blair looking at Bootle apparently.

He's hoping to ride in on Cherie's "local roots". Roll Eyes

Some people are speculating it's false and than it was invented by the MP, who just lost its automatic reselection, in hope than the party members will choose to keep him, fearing Euan possibility.
London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2158 on: April 13, 2014, 06:20:48 am »
Ignore

One is allowed to day dream, even of the death of your enemies.

Not the Christian thing to do, but I cant really blame him. If he was an active politician it would be another matter, but this is only human.

Worth mentioning as it's not specified in the article; his wife was paralysed from the waist down and in the case of the Queen, the IRA killed her cousin.

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 13, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: DarqWolff
I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them... In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community

Keith R Laws ‏@Keith_Laws  Feb 4
As I have noted before 'paradigm shift' is an anagram of 'grasp dim faith'
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout