Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 02:06:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  Uganda anti-gay law struck down
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Uganda anti-gay law struck down  (Read 281 times)
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »
Ignore

This is old news, but since we have had a lot of discussion about this law, I am posting it anyway.

The ruling IMO clearly vindicates the people saying we should wait for the Ugandans to solve this thing instead of alienating them by using sanctions and withdrawal of aid.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/01/uganda-anti-gay-law-null-and-void
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:01:23 pm by politicus »Logged

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »
Ignore

Stroked?

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »
Ignore

Stroked?

Struck/stroked/striked, whatever. Like you I am not a native speaker and if you wanna correct my English just give me the right term instead of putting a fycking question mark after the word.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be snarky or disparaging. Of course there's nothing wrong with making a couple English mistakes from time to time, I just thought the question mark was a fairly neutral (if slightly ironic) way to point it out.

As for the subject matter, great news.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
afleitch
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

A new bill has been introduced as the law was only invalidated on a technicality. Kenya is toying with a 'death by stoning' bill.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout