Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 226823 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »

Never saw it, it's also not really a party. Their position is they don't care, it's not an issue for their voters. Russians are either atheists or hardcore converts to orthodoxy. Reform Judaism didn't really reach them.

Honestly I don't care either, not for the reforms or for this matter
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1151 on: July 12, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »

Yeah, Yisrael Beiteinu. I know their voters don't care but was still interested, because I do care and YB taking a position I really couldn't stomach would be a disappointment to me.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1152 on: July 12, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »

Yeah, Yisrael Beiteinu. I know their voters don't care but was still interested, because I do care and YB taking a position I really couldn't stomach would be a disappointment to me.

I'm not sure, but I think they supported the compromise and made noises of disapproval when it was rejected, along with the conversion reform (which IS important to their voters since the Chief Rabbinate is disgustingly cruel to Russian immigrants).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1153 on: July 14, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »

http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.801194

Israeli government negotiating Hajj flights from Tel Aviv to Jeddah for Israeli Muslims.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »

http://jewishjournal.com/news/israel/222404/jared-kushner-israeli-palestinian-peace-may-no-solution/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not sure it's politic to tell anyone there's no solution to the longest running Middle East crisis.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1155 on: August 05, 2017, 04:52:27 AM »

Netanyahu's former CoS flipped and became a key witness for the prosecution in 2 criminal investigations (one of corruption), indictment is inbound. The glorious leader appears determined to refuse to go as the law (not a statute though but it doesn't matter as we are a common law country) requires. His political partners are lukewarm about playing the role of ushering him out, so we might be heading into quite a political and constitutional conundrum (some like myself will also predict some military conflict inbound)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1156 on: August 05, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »

Netanyahu's former CoS flipped and became a key witness for the prosecution in 2 criminal investigations (one of corruption), indictment is inbound. The glorious leader appears determined to refuse to go as the law (not a statute though but it doesn't matter as we are a common law country) requires. His political partners are lukewarm about playing the role of ushering him out, so we might be heading into quite a political and constitutional conundrum (some like myself will also predict some military conflict inbound)

That's not good... who would take over if Netanyahu stepped down/was convicted? Avigdor Lieberman?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1157 on: August 05, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »

Let's see if an indictment actually happens. I'm still doubtful it will. If it does, he needs to resign. But, until that day (if it ever comes), I still think a lot of this nonsense is unsubstantiated.

Israeli Police are an utter joke when it comes to political corruption and are, imo, much more corrupt than the politicians themselves.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1158 on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »

Let's see if an indictment actually happens. I'm still doubtful it will. If it does, he needs to resign. But, until that day (if it ever comes), I still think a lot of this nonsense is unsubstantiated.

Israeli Police are an utter joke when it comes to political corruption and are, imo, much more corrupt than the politicians themselves.

It's pretty obvious that Netanyahu is corrupt to the bone, and there seems to be hard evidence. In fact, it's been obvious for a long time, just like it's obvious that Lieberman is corrupt in even worse ways.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1159 on: August 06, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »

It's pretty obvious that Netanyahu is corrupt to the bone, and there seems to be hard evidence. In fact, it's been obvious for a long time, just like it's obvious that Lieberman is corrupt in even worse ways.

He also tries to ban media critical of him.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1160 on: August 06, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »

If you are referring to Al Jazeera, that's complete B.S. He is not trying to shut them down because of criticism  but because of their sponsorship of terror.

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1161 on: August 06, 2017, 03:33:11 PM »

If you are referring to Al Jazeera, that's complete B.S. He is not trying to shut them down because of criticism  but because of their sponsorship of terror.

So, the same baseless lie peddled by the real sponsor of terrorism, Saudi Arabia.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1162 on: August 08, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »

Sorry but the evidence is pretty solid, if it were anyone but him he would have been behind bars months ago. The manuscripts of his talks with the editor of Yediot prove corruption allegations beyond any reasonable doubt by them self
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1163 on: August 16, 2017, 07:16:37 AM »

Prime Minister Netanyahu took days to disavow the neo-nazis, marching on the streets and shouting that "Jews won't replace us". He took days to discover that "everyone needs to oppose this". And he didn't even squeak about Trump's terrible response to it- I do wonder how he'd respond to Obama botching his response to nazis in the same way.
Meanwhile, MK Oren Hazan, who is himself a ridiculous attempt to mimick Trump, said that "Trump is right about violence on both sides". He equated people who shout nazi and terribly antisemitic warcries to leftist protestors.
And then there's Netanyahu's son and heir apparent, Yair, who posted that the nazis are "a thing of the past" and that the real threat is antifa.

I'm sorry, but the Israeli right is morally bankrupt. I will never vote for Likud, at least not until it's cleansed of elements such as Oren Hazan, Miri Regev and yes, Benjamin Netanyahu.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1164 on: August 16, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »

Parrotguy, do you think the next election will see a coalition of Zionist Union, Kulanu, and Yesh Atid? Or would Meretz probably have to be included?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1165 on: August 16, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »

Parrotguy, do you think the next election will see a coalition of Zionist Union, Kulanu, and Yesh Atid? Or would Meretz probably have to be included?

Nope, this won't hurt Netanyahu. I believe he's going to be indicted soon, so the likeliest scenario in the next election is another Likud coalition, probably with a different leader. But I just felt so much disgust when I saw people who claim to be the most zionist in the world fail so much at disavowing Nazis out of pure political interest.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1166 on: August 17, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »

Nope, this won't hurt Netanyahu. I believe he's going to be indicted soon, so the likeliest scenario in the next election is another Likud coalition, probably with a different leader. But I just felt so much disgust when I saw people who claim to be the most zionist in the world fail so much at disavowing Nazis out of pure political interest.

Ze'ev Elkin, Tzachi Hanegbi, Avi Dichter, Miri Regev, or Nir Barkat are my ideal choices to replace Netanyahu, though I suspect Erdan or Edelstein will succeed Netanyahu.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1167 on: August 17, 2017, 04:15:11 PM »

Ze'ev Elkin, Tzachi Hanegbi, Avi Dichter, Miri Regev, or Nir Barkat are my ideal choices to replace Netanyahu, though I suspect Erdan or Edelstein will succeed Netanyahu.

You truly want Prime Minister Miri Regev? She's the complete opposite of most politicians you seem to support. That would really make me start planning how to immigrate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1168 on: August 17, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »

You truly want Prime Minister Miri Regev? She's the complete opposite of most politicians you seem to support. That would really make me start planning how to immigrate.

I don't support her at all on immigration or Palestine, but so many other issues come into play when dealing with a party as bad as Likud. If Likud were to elect a female who supports SSM and LGBT+ rights, I truly believe it would keep the... worse elements of Likud from stepping forwards.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: August 17, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »

I don't support her at all on immigration or Palestine, but so many other issues come into play when dealing with a party as bad as Likud. If Likud were to elect a female who supports SSM and LGBT+ rights, I truly believe it would keep the... worse elements of Likud from stepping forwards.

Regev IS the worst elements, a populist loudmouth who basically wears a personality which, as she herself admitted, appeals to the "warm Likud members". Her allegedly moderate position on LGBT rights is shared by many Likud members, and like all of them, including MK Amir Ohana (who's gay himself), she never votes or does anything substantial to help the LGBT community. She's a fraud and in my opinion would be worse than Trump.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1170 on: August 17, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »

I like Regev, but I don't think she should be PM. I'll likely keep supporting Bibi unless he's indicted. Ideally, I want Nir Barkat to succeed Bibi as PM.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1171 on: August 17, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »

My comments are basically being randomly deleted at this point.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1172 on: August 17, 2017, 08:10:23 PM »

http://forward.com/opinion/380384/richard-spencer-might-be-the-worst-person-in-america-but-hes-right-about-is/?attribution=tag-article-listing-1-headline
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1173 on: August 17, 2017, 08:21:35 PM »

Excellent article.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1174 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:28 PM »

Regev IS the worst elements, a populist loudmouth who basically wears a personality which, as she herself admitted, appeals to the "warm Likud members". Her allegedly moderate position on LGBT rights is shared by many Likud members, and like all of them, including MK Amir Ohana (who's gay himself), she never votes or does anything substantial to help the LGBT community. She's a fraud and in my opinion would be worse than Trump.

She's the highest ranking member I know of to support LGBT rights, and she's not an "old guard" extremist.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies