Israel general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:26:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 227476 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »

I heard Noam Shalit, dad to Gilad Shalit, might run for a place on the Labor list for the Knesset.  The leader of the Labor party said that it was great to have him, we just hope that 1027 people won't go over to the other side.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 05:41:56 AM »

Yeah, but their tunnels are even better this time.  Meanwhile, 37,000 tons of concrete sits in a warehouse, about to expire.  Like 95% of Gaza's problems, Hamas is the root, but like 95% of Gaza's problems, useful idiots in the west will blame Israel.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »

BDS gets another win!

SodaStream leaves West Bank[quote]Ali Jafar, a shift manager from a West Bank village who has worked for SodaStream for two years, said: “All the people who wanted to close [SodaStream’s West Bank factory] are mistaken. … They didn’t take into consideration the families.”

“SodaStream should have been encouraged in the West Bank if [the BDS movement] truly cared about the Palestinian people,” Birnbaum said.

Palestinians, like other employees, are offered a bus service that brings them to the factory but that will now become a two-hour journey each way that involves crossing an Israeli checkpoint, where workers must show permits and be screened for security checks.

The BDS movement wants to end Israel’s occupation of territories captured in the 1967 war, end discrimination against Arab citizens of Israel and promote the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to family properties lost in the war surrounding Israel’s creation in 1948. Israel says the Palestinian “right of return” would lead to a massive influx of refugees that would mean the end of the country as a Jewish state.

For the BDS movement, SodaStream’s pullout from the West Bank was part of a domino effect that would see more companies sever interests to spare their bottom line. “This is a clear-cut BDS victory against an odiously complicit Israeli company,” said Omar Barghouti, a co-founder of the movement. He said it would continue to target SodaStream because its new factory is located in an area where Israel has in the past proposed to resettle Bedouin Arabs. The company employs more than 300 Bedouins.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:44:54 AM »

http://www.timesofisrael.com/sudanese-attacks-israeli-on-ethiopian-airlines-flight/

An Israeli citizen was attacked by a Sudanese Muslim on a flight after he learned the man was Jewish.  There doesn't seem to be much outrage or concern from the world at these attacks.  I can only imagine what the reaction would be if the roles were reversed.

I know anti-Semites are stupid but hating Jews and moving to Israel is pretty stupid even for a racist.

I'm not sure what this response has to do with story, the attacker was Sudanese and the flight was between Chad and Ethiopia.

Oh, my bad. I thought it happened in Israel. Now it makes a bit more sense.
Jews getting attacked in Israel by Muslims isn't newsworthy enough to post about because it happens several times a day.  Hell, even the leader of the Palestinians lying about sh**t and telling his people to do it more because of those lies isn't as thread worthy as Bibi saying something stupid about Hitler.  At least around here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:24 AM »

Because a sizable number of very violent people don't want that.  It's, apparently, better to try to appease these people instead of killing them.  The problem is, they don't want to be appeased.  They want what they want and if they don't get it, they will murder and convince others to murder.  Get rid of those people, stop making more of them and there will be peace in less than a year.

Of course even if we went with that solution, it would still be an amazingly hard road.  There are no easy answers here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:36:16 AM »

AND Israel's economy is rockin'.  There are a lot of countries more likely than Israel to collapse in the next twenty years.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »

Good news!  4 Hamas tunnels have collapsed in the last two weeks killing 10.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 04:20:03 AM »

You're not even repeating the old lies so we can rebuke you. You're just stringing together random negative buzzwords.

What lies? That Menachem Begin and Yitzhak Shamir were terrorists? They wire. That Israel oppresses Palestinian children and that the real monsters are the likes of Ayelet Shaked? It's completely true.

Let Israel stand for themselves. Let Netanyahu lead the fight against ISIL. I guess the Islamic State was amongst the enormous positive reverberations he was talking about when he went before Congress in 2002.

Israel has committed evil atrocities. We must divest and they must be sent to The Hague.

I mean, all the rest of this garbage aside, let's not pretend that if Israel "led the fight against ISIL" by hitting them with overwhelming force, you would do anything but call them the new Hitler.

ISIL is the enemy. Netanyahu contributed to their rise. Let him help take them out with us.

Explain how Netanyahu contributed to ISIL's rise.

Supporting the U.S. to go to war and topple Saddam, which in turn helped contribute to their rise.
ahahahahaahahahahahaahah

<inhale>

hahaahahahaha
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 04:24:39 AM »

Unless young people (who overwhelmingly support the Democrats) radically change their political opinions, then I do think Israel has a lot to worry about.
and the uneducated people don't like Israel either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 08:45:39 AM »

Yes, that's exactly what I said Roll Eyes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 07:18:05 AM »

I'm not afraid of getting called out and debating people here. Why you're so offended is beyond me.
It's because this thread is "special".  If you look back, it's mostly about internal politics and less about Israel's relations with other parties, why they suck and why they're awesome.  And that's fine, I don't have a problem with that.  A problem does arise when a second Israel general discussion thread pops up wanting to discuss external matters and people say go talk about it in this thread.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »

In other news the US and our "special relationship" screw us yet again. The cabinet decided to purchase 17 more F-35 AKA piece of flying garbage and one of the biggest white elephants of military history instead of buying the new F-15 who show much better stats (and can actually fly an operational mission).

But it's "stealth"!! so all the tabloid could have headlines explaining how high tech it is, never mind it can carry a load of 2 tonnes on low signature mode and only to short ranges.

I remember back in the days of my military service how the US ed us over several times on all sort of procurement deals, the joys of being a proxy state. 
We're not exactly happy about the F35 over here either.  Eventually it will be a decent bird, but they shouldn't have forced one airframe to do three different things.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-08/jerusalem-truck-attack/8168824

This is total crap. I cannot see what the Palestinians could be possibly hoping to achieve.

If anything, it just sets their cause back.

It's not 'the Palestinans'. Certainly not Mahmoud Abbas, as you said, he doesn't have anything to achieve. These kinds of attacks are mostly one person deciding to act on his own, sometimes he's encouraged or aided by an organization like Hamas or ISIS, but most of the times he acts independantly while claiming to belong to some organization. This time it appears to be ISIS, which is not related to any Palestinian leadership.
Yeah, 'cause Abbas and Fatah would NEVER encourage terrorism Roll Eyes  They're moderates!

Sarcasm aside, these destroyers of peace are not embarrassments to their families, they are heroes to them.   They see in these "martyrs" heroes who have "watered the pure earth of Palestine with their blood" (actual quote by Abbas).  Cut this "one person deciding to act" bull sh**t.  It's one person after one person after one person all encouraged from birth by their family, their culture and their govt that people that do these horrible acts are people to be admired and remembered.  That they'll will be rewarded in the after life and that their families will be rewarded for the "sacrifice" too.  It's all very disgusting.

Abbas thinks moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is a road block to peace?  Does he know what else is a road block to peace?  Driving over people waiting for the bus.  You know what's an even bigger road block to peace?  Encouraging more of the same.  There will never be peace until the culture there gets fixed.  Israel can't change it anymore than I can.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 09:00:21 PM »

My comments are basically being randomly deleted at this point.
welcome to the new and improved International Board!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »

Is she wrong?  Do American Jews not serve in the US military?  Does it even matter if she's right or not, should you not say truths that will inevitably piss some people off, or does it depend on the truth and the voting record of the pissed off people?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 10:19:42 PM »

Go back to using European money and children to build tunnels?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »

It's weird that the BBC never covers the swastika kites, right?  You'd think that would be an interesting part of the story, but perhaps it doesn't fit with their greater agenda here?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 09:06:24 AM »

How dare they cover an actual killing by a government instead of kites by god knows who.
The version of BBC you see only covers deaths?  That's weird.  Mine doesn't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »

UAE officials in Israel to look at F35s...like, "officially" and stuff.  Good news, yes?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »

Considering the support Russia also extends to Syria and Iran, I do wonder why you think Russia would choose to prioritize Israeli-relations over its existing ones when they come into conflict.
I suspect if Russia thought Israel would seriously move away from the US and towards them that they/Putin would jump at the chance and leave sh**tty allies like Assad and the Mullahs as quickly as they/he could.

A.they'd finally, after half a century, have competent allies in the middle east
2.they'd get to look at some US/western tech
III.they'd get the advantage of having first dibs on future Israeli tech.  A lot more science comes out of Tel Aviv than it does Damascus and Tehran combined.

Of course Israel ain't going anywhere unless the US starts electing anti-Semites, and the way a lot of young people feel here, that's not impossible over the next couple of decades.

also, are we just not going to talk talk about Gaza?  Even after 200 rockets in a day and the largest IDF response since 2014?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »

also, are we just not going to talk talk about Gaza?  Even after 200 rockets in a day and the largest IDF response since 2014?
now they're murdering falcons in the hopes of causing more environmental damage
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »

The IDF now has F-35s, so the S-300 isn't much use there.

They have all of 9 F-35s in service at present, tho with more on the way. Plus the F-35 isn't perfect in its stealth.A full scale S-300 deployment would be a serious impediment to the way the IDF does things, but not a game changer.  Now if the Russians were to deploy the S-400, then the excrement would be hitting the rotating blade.
There are two in Syria right now (at least).  cite
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 08:33:19 AM »

The IDF now has F-35s, so the S-300 isn't much use there.
#war isn't a computer game.

The S300 constrains the actions of the F15I who are the core jet of the AF, their long range could cause trouble to close air support to ground operations. and numerous other problems.
It's not the game changer, but it definitely makes aerial superiority more challenging 
only during soft war like is going on now.  If the sh**t were to actually hit the fan, you've got to imagine the SAM sites will be one of the first things hit.  I have air force and Israeli biases admittedly, but I have full faith the IAF would have complete air superiority over any potential local adversaries within 12 hours of any serious conflict.  Allowing the F15s to do what they do best.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies