Israel general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228023 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »

So the right is gaining ground, but Labor is strengthening mostly due to a Kadima collapse, and Meretz appears to be stuck where it is.  Interesting.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »

Alright, so...

Looks like the HPs are ahead in the polls, as usual.

I imagine that anyone but the 3 Arab parties would be considered horrible by you, so you can be sure that it will remain that way.
Actually, one question I've had for a while: why is Labor always so obedient and hesitant to oppose things like Operation Cast Lead, the Second Lebanon War, etc?  I really hope it's not because their supporters will abandon them if they do. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »

Actually, one question I've had for a while: why is Labor always so obedient and hesitant to oppose things like Operation Cast Lead, the Second Lebanon War, etc?  I really hope it's not because their supporters will abandon them if they do. 

While I am sure they would lose support, I don't think this is the reason. I think they simply support those things. There really isn't much difference between Likud, Labour and Kadima when it comes to the use of force against the enemy, the differences are on other issues.
But why not at least to varying degrees?  It's pretty shocking that so many people on all parts of the political spectrum would support Operation Cast Lead and the 2nd Lebanon war in their entirety. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:47:02 AM »

Still a great figure nonetheless.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 01:42:09 PM »

Yesh Atid are not left. They are libertarians. They are horrible.
Yesh Atid might be described as Liberal or more accurately a party of non ideology sponsored by the rich and the old school establishment
Yesh Atid is essentially Yair Lapid's vehicle and nothing more.  It has no ideology. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies