Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 10:40:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments
| | | |-+  Office of Northeast Governor Snowstalker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Snowstalker  (Read 4076 times)
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »
Ignore

Governor, The Northeastern Anti-Bully Initiative Act of 2011 has tied in the Assembly and may be forwarded to the Northeastern people for a vote at your will.  If the bill is not forwarded to the people, it shall be considered unsuccessful.

The Northeastern Anti-Bully Initiative Act of 2011

A BILL to curb bullying across the region and assist teenagers and families who struggle with bullying problems

1. Bullying is defined as:

• Verbal harassment
  • Physical harassment
  • Cyber bullying
  • Stealing
  • Bullying that is motivated by race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation
  • Stalking

2. Teachers in Northeastern schools are hereby required to report all cases of bullying to their schools, school districts, fellow teachers, parents of the bully(s), parents of the student(s) being bullied, and if necessary, local law enforcement.

3. Bullying is hereby defined as a criminal offense.  Acts of bullying, as mentioned in section 1, are punishable through community service hours, after-school suspension, in-school suspension, expulsion, a monetary fine to be paid by the parents of the bully(s), or jail time, depending on the degree of the crime.

4. High schools are responsible for addressing the topic of bullying through lectures, health class assignments, or yearly assemblies.

5. The Northeast shall apply for the appropriate funding for this law from the federal government, in compliance with The Atlasian Anti-bullying Bill 2011.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:05 pm »
Ignore

Governor, a budget proposal will be required [in accordance with the NE constitution] next month.  Just some heads up.

9. The Governor is obligated to present the Legislative Assembly a budget every January, if he or she is in office at that time. The budget of all government activities is to be voted on by the Assembly in the same January. The Governor is obligated to ensure that the budget does not provide for any deficits excepting times of emergency or war, a condition the Legislative Assembly must successfully endorse.
Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2011, 09:10:50 pm »
Ignore

Governor, The Northeastern Anti-Bully Initiative Act of 2011 has tied in the Assembly and may be forwarded to the Northeastern people for a vote at your will.  If the bill is not forwarded to the people, it shall be considered unsuccessful.

The Northeastern Anti-Bully Initiative Act of 2011

A BILL to curb bullying across the region and assist teenagers and families who struggle with bullying problems

1. Bullying is defined as:

• Verbal harassment
  • Physical harassment
  • Cyber bullying
  • Stealing
  • Bullying that is motivated by race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation
  • Stalking

2. Teachers in Northeastern schools are hereby required to report all cases of bullying to their schools, school districts, fellow teachers, parents of the bully(s), parents of the student(s) being bullied, and if necessary, local law enforcement.

3. Bullying is hereby defined as a criminal offense.  Acts of bullying, as mentioned in section 1, are punishable through community service hours, after-school suspension, in-school suspension, expulsion, a monetary fine to be paid by the parents of the bully(s), or jail time, depending on the degree of the crime.

4. High schools are responsible for addressing the topic of bullying through lectures, health class assignments, or yearly assemblies.

5. The Northeast shall apply for the appropriate funding for this law from the federal government, in compliance with The Atlasian Anti-bullying Bill 2011.

It is not to be forwarded to the people (AKA I'm killing it).

My opposition comes from the punishments given to bullying. While some kids are just jerks, others come from tough backgrounds and may need help just as their victims do. Many come from poor families, and a monetary fine for the child's actions is absolutely harmful.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »
Ignore

Be sure to vote in today's special election for the Assembly.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 12:49:40 am »
Ignore

Governor, a budget proposal will be required [in accordance with the NE constitution] next month.  Just some heads up.

9. The Governor is obligated to present the Legislative Assembly a budget every January, if he or she is in office at that time. The budget of all government activities is to be voted on by the Assembly in the same January. The Governor is obligated to ensure that the budget does not provide for any deficits excepting times of emergency or war, a condition the Legislative Assembly must successfully endorse.

Is there a link to last January's budget?

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »
Ignore

None that I could find, but there is one from the year before.

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »
Ignore

Was I the last one to create one?

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 01:06:48 pm »
Ignore

Was I the last one to create one?

I wouldn't know.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »
Ignore

My tax plan has been officially tabled in the Assembly. I ask the assembly to support it.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2012, 12:13:19 am »
Ignore

I hereby appoint Simfan34 as CJO.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »
Ignore

I hereby appoint Simfan34 as CJO.

Interesting choice..
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »
Ignore

Governor, RFK has missed 3 consecutive votes ["The Incredibly Important Act", "The Dihydrogen Monoxide Ban Act", and "The Northeastern Anti-Bully Initiative Act of 2011".]

8. Vacancies in the Legislative Assembly shall be filled in a manner specified by Law, and until such determination is made, by Gubernatorial appointment. Vacancies occur upon resignation, recall, impeachment, failure to swear in within one week of the legislative session’s opening, failure to vote on three consecutive pieces of legislation without publicly declaring absence, or failure to participate in Assembly debate for one month.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2012, 09:57:06 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Second Northeast Tax Reform Act of 2011 has tied in the Assembly and may be forwarded to the Northeastern people for a vote at your will.  If the bill is not forwarded to the people, it shall be considered unsuccessful.

Second Northeast Tax Reform Act of 2011

Income Tax

1. All individual state income taxes are hereby repealed and replaced with a region-wide progressive tax system, with a minimum of 2.5% and a maximum of 6%. Those deemed to be under the poverty line are not required to pay regional income tax.

Sales Tax

1. All individual state sales taxes are hereby repealed and replaced with a region-wide 6% sales tax.

Also, we still await your 2012 budget proposal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:41:26 pm by Northeast Speaker Scott »Logged

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:36 pm »
Ignore

It is to be forwarded to the people. Would the referendum be held immediately?

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »
Ignore

When tied legislation is referred by the Governor, the appropriate election administrator shall open the voting booth on the nearest Friday at 12:00:00am EST and shall close said both the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm EST. The referendum question is: “Shall [name of law, followed by text] be made law?”. Every citizen will be given the opportunity to vote YES for passage and NO for failure during this time. Abstentions will not affect the results. Referred legislation shall automatically become law if voted in favor by the people.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »
Ignore

Thank you. So it starts at the same time as the GE?

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
Ignore

The general election isn't until February.  A voting booth for this legislation would open this Friday.

It may also be a good day to open the booth for the special election, but since no one has declared their candidacy yet, it could be pushed back next Friday, too.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2012, 06:53:58 am »
Ignore

The general election isn't until February.  A voting booth for this legislation would open this Friday.

It may also be a good day to open the booth for the special election, but since no one has declared their candidacy yet, it could be pushed back next Friday, too.

Crap, I meant special election. :p

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2012, 03:51:40 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Protest and Analysis Thread Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

Amendment to the SOAP Act - Protest and Analysis Thread Act

The Standing Order on Assembly Procedure Act is hereby amended.

5. Protest and Analysis Thread
A Northeast Assembly Protest and Analysis Thread shall be created in the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and made open to Northeast citizens for the discussion of legislative proposals, debates, votes, and all other matters that relate to the Northeast government.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012, 03:28:15 pm »
Ignore

Amendment to the SOAP Act - Protest and Analysis Thread Act

Hereby signed into law

Governor Snowstalker

Also, I wasn't able to come here today to start the election (I was at school). The special election to replace RFK will be held starting now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:34:15 pm by Let's reinvade Iraq! »Logged

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2012, 04:16:42 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Repeal of the Ballot Standardization Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

Repeal of the Ballot Standardization Act

1.  The Ballot Standardization Act is hereby repealed.

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »
Ignore

Also Governor, I thought it might be a good idea to hold off on the tax bill and just veto it, instead of forwarding it for a vote.  Napoleon wants to scrap it if he's elected governor, and it would probably be a better idea to write up a more specific tax plan that we could include in the budget when it comes to the Assembly, which still needs to be written.  Just a suggestion, of course.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Repeal of the Ballot Standardization Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

1.  The Ballot Standardization Act is hereby repealed.

Hereby signed into law

Governor Snowstalker

Second Northeast Tax Reform Act

Hereby vetoed

Governor Snowstalker

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 05:24:45 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Northeast Symbols Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

Northeast Symbols Act

1.  The official motto of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as, "   Fax mentis est incedium gloriae"

2.  The official flower of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as the Mountain laurel

3.  The official bird of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as the black capped chickadee.

4.  The official dish of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as clam chowder.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:45 pm »
Ignore

Governor, the Northeast Symbols Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

Northeast Symbols Act

1.  The official motto of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as, "   Fax mentis est incedium gloriae"

2.  The official flower of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as the Mountain laurel

3.  The official bird of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as the black capped chickadee.

4.  The official dish of the Northeast Region shall hereby be recognized as clam chowder.

Northeast Symbols Act

Hereby vetoed

Governor Snowstalker

Hell naw, I hate clam chowder. Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout