Office of Northeast Governor Snowstalker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Governor Snowstalker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Snowstalker  (Read 13378 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 17, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »

Simfan declared on the 1st. Snowstalker must have been thinking of him when he placed me on the ballot.

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the upcoming Northeast Regional general election- whether or not I am elected in the special election.

He declared for February though, and forgot to mention what office, so Governor Snowstalker did no wrong by not listing him on the ballot.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »

I skimmed through our constitution again.  It specifically states what dates elections are to be held and when voting is permitted, but not if redo elections are allowed.  You'd definitely have to consult with someone else before going about this.

Well.. the only grounds for doing this would be a legal precedent, as the constitution says nothing about this.

I don't know of any "revotes". That being said, there is absolutely NO REASON to be considering one for these circumstances. However, this problem likely won't happen again. I've drafted legislation that should go far in preventing situations like this. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »

As dallasfan65 has declined office, a special election shall be set to begin on Sunday, December 25th.

It might not be good idea to start election on Christmas. I know the law doesn't allow much vacancy, but it can be moved back a few days since the session (and therewith, the vacancy) doesn't start until Thursday. What do you think Governor?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »

Governor, please remember to open the polling booth soon.

For the special election? There wasn't a vacant seat until yesterday.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »

Thank you for your service Governor. I understand that real life circumstances can change abruptly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies