"Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19
Poll
Question: Who did Don Draper vote for?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Jon Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 123

Author Topic: "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread  (Read 264744 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2016, 09:44:09 AM »

Here's an idea. Obviously all the West Wing main characters are partisan Democrats, but also ideologically pure saints, so which of the two would they support?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »

Here's an idea. Obviously all the West Wing main characters are partisan Democrats, but also ideologically pure saints, so which of the two would they support?

Josiah Bartlett-Bernie Sanders (endorses fellow lefty New Englander over Hillary, as the Clintonians are too similar to Vice-President Hoynes)
Josh Lyman-Hillary (pure partisan hack, would support establishment candidate)
Donna Moss-Bernie (seems to be more of an independent thinker then Josh)
Toby Ziegler-Hillary (Pretty progressive but hawkish on foreign policy)
Sam Seaborne-Bernie (Somewhat of an idealist)
CJ Craig-Hillary
Charlie Young-Hillary
Matt Santos-Hillary
Arnold Vinick-Kasich
Ainsley Hayes-Kasich
Vice President Hoynes-Hillary
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »

The cast of FREAKS AND GEEKS (the show that was canceled TOO SOON!):

The Adults:

Harold Weir- TRUMP.  Harold was very blunt on the show, with all of his "You know what happened to my friend who smoked cigarettes?  HE DIED!" type of stories.  Trump would be a perfect fit for him.

Jean Weir- Clinton.  Jean seemed to be the typical docile housewife on the show who went along with whatever her husband said.  However, she has a few feminist tendencies of her own.  In one episode, she got into a fight with Harold because she felt he only appreciated her as a housewife and not as an individual.  In another episode, Lindsay and Harold were debating about the pros and cons of a woman President, and she took Lindsay's side.  Plus, in 2016, Jean would be REALLY REALLY REALLY old, and she'd like to see a woman President for her sake, as well as for her daughter's (Lindsay's) sake.

Mr. Rosso- Sanders.  Mr. Rosso's a dope-smoking hippie.  Sanders has promised on the campaign trail that he'd relax the marijuana laws, which would be right up Rosso's alley.

Mr. Kowchevski- Trump.  He was the asshole math teacher that always got on Daniel's case.  Very brash and abrasive.  It's revealed in one episode that he's in the closet, but because he's from a conservative area of Michigan, he's probably your typical closeted gay Republican.

Coach Fredricks- Clinton.  Teacher, so yeah.

Mr. and Mrs. Schweiber (Neal's parents)- Clinton.  Upper-middle class suburban Jews?  Definite Clinton voters.

Gloria Haverchuck (Bill's Mom)- Clinton.  Single mom who has to be a stripper in order to feed, clothe, and house her teenage son?  She'd definitely be included in Hillary's sob stories.

Cookie Kelly (Kim's Mom)- Trump.  Uneducated white trailer trash?  That's one of Trump's strongest demographics.

Mr. Andopolis (Nick's Dad whose name is never revealed): Either Trump or Cruz.  He's a tough military veteran and would prefer either candidate equally.

The Main Cast:

Lindsay Weir- Clinton.  Independent-minded and feminist.  Perfect mix for a Clinton voter.  Lindsay was a bit of a cynic on the show as well, which would normally make her an ideal Sanders voter, but she figures 2016 is the Year of the Woman, and America must elect a woman President.  Thus, Lindsay Weir (assuming she either keeps her nee or is still unmarried at this point) is #ReadyForHillary.

Sam Weir- Kasich.  The writers of the show said that Sam would experience a growth spurt and become more athletic if there was a season 2 (the actor himself grew about 10 inches in the year 2000).  However, we're going by what the characters were like for the 18 episodes we had with them.  Sam was scrawny, weak, an underdog, and constantly bullied.  Kasich is a total underdog in this race, and doesn't get a lot of respect.  Sam would naturally gravitate toward Kasich.

Neal Schweiber- Clinton.  Again, upper-middle class suburban Jew.

Bill Haverchuck- Trump.  Poor and white.  However, he was also kind of an oddball, which makes him seem like a Trump voter to me.

Daniel Desario- No one.  He was a bum who just liked to party and lay around on the show.  He'd probably be too lazy to register to vote, let alone go out and vote.

Nick Andopolis- Sanders.  Simple.  Sanders wants to end the War on Drugs, which means it's easier for Nick to get pot.  Nick was high practically every episode, so...

Ken Miller- Trump.  Comes from a wealthy family, which would ideally make him a moderate country club Republican.  However, he's very sarcastic and honest.  He wasn't afraid to insult Lindsay to her face, even when the Freaks were starting to welcome her into their circle.  So, I say Trump gains Seth Rogen's character as a voter.

Kim Kelly- Clinton.  Kim was shrill and a total bitch.  Need I say more?

Gordon Crisp- Trump.  He was the fat guy who had a BO problem, and tended to be blunt about inappropriate topics from time to time.

Harris Trinsky- Sanders.  Harris was that long-haired weirdo that got the Geeks into D&D.  I don't know.  He just comes off as a Sanders voter to me.

Alan White- Trump.  Alan was the school bully that picked on the geeks, but LOVED to pick on Sam for some reason.

Cindy Sanders- Kasich.  She was your typical Young Republican on the show.  She'd naturally gravitate toward Kasich after her preferred candidate Rubio dropped out of the race.  Cindy would think Cruz is too far right and that Trump doesn't belong in the GOP at all.

Millie Kentner- Cruz.  Millie was UBER religious.  Natural Cruz voter.

Tell me if I missed anyone from the show.  I don't think I did, as I am a MAJOR F&G fan...
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2016, 01:35:53 AM »

vote!
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2016, 06:51:45 AM »

I'd guess Kasich. He strikes me as a guy with conservative values but not a guy who likes radical change.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:39 PM »

My latest obessesssion: Dangit Ron Paul Dangle Grandpa Dingle Rope Donkey Opra Dangan Ronpa!

Makoto Naegi: Clinton
Kyoko Kirigiri: Clinton
Byakuya Togami: Trump (Evil rich guys of a feather flap together)
Toko Fukawa/Genocider: Depends on which persona is active. Genocider is obviously a Trump voter, but Fukawa herself is too timid to vote.
Yashihiro Hagakure: Non-Voter. He uses his psychic powers to determine the winner. Unfortunately, he's only right 30% of the time.
Aoi Asahina: Sanders (He gives her free donuts!)
Sakura Oogami: Trump kidnapped her family so she voted for him.
Celestia Ludenberg: Clinton
Hifumi Yamada: Doesn't care about 3D elections
Kiyotaka Ishmaru: Kasich.
Mondo Oowada: Can't vote, he's a criminal.
Leon Kuwata: Same (I think)
Sayaka Maizono: Clinton
Mukuro Ikusaba: Trump or writes in her sister.
Junko Enoshima: Herself.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2016, 03:48:10 PM »

My latest obessesssion: Dangit Ron Paul Dangle Grandpa Dingle Rope Donkey Opra Dangan Ronpa!

Makoto Naegi: Clinton
Kyoko Kirigiri: Clinton
Byakuya Togami: Trump (Evil rich guys of a feather flap together)
Toko Fukawa/Genocider: Depends on which persona is active. Genocider is obviously a Trump voter, but Fukawa herself is too timid to vote.
Yashihiro Hagakure: Non-Voter. He uses his psychic powers to determine the winner. Unfortunately, he's only right 30% of the time.
Aoi Asahina: Sanders (He gives her free donuts!)
Sakura Oogami: Trump kidnapped her family so she voted for him.
Celestia Ludenberg: Clinton
Hifumi Yamada: Doesn't care about 3D elections
Kiyotaka Ishmaru: Kasich.
Mondo Oowada: Can't vote, he's a criminal.
Leon Kuwata: Same (I think)
Sayaka Maizono: Clinton
Mukuro Ikusaba: Trump or writes in her sister.
Junko Enoshima: Herself.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly call Togami evil. I'm also not sure about Ludenberg, considering she's kind of a social darwinist, which doesn't exactly strike me as very "liberal"...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2016, 08:58:47 PM »

Someone on this forum likes to cast him as a "Nixon Republican"--possibly RogueBeaver. What that means in this context, who knows? I guess Kasich (not going to go into an effortpost re: Trump & Nixon).
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:10 PM »

Someone on this forum likes to cast him as a "Nixon Republican"--possibly RogueBeaver. What that means in this context, who knows? I guess Kasich (not going to go into an effortpost re: Trump & Nixon).

Well I know Sterling-Cooper was supposed to do work for Nixon in 60 though I think Draper also mentioned that he didn't vote. I'm guessing he'd be mostly apolitical though of a slightly conservative mindset.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »

Have you played the games, or just watched the anime? The anime toned down how evil Togami is.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »

Have you played the games, or just watched the anime? The anime toned down how evil Togami is.

Yeah, I just watched the anime, so that explains that.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »

Yeah, I just watched the anime, so that explains that.

Play the game if you liked it-sure you already know all the answers, but the game lets you get to know the characters more. It's on the PSVita and Steam.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Among young university students I'd figure Sanders would be the default choice Tongue
Someone hopeful and idealistic like Naegi would have to support Sanders.
Rich students would support Cruz or Kasich. Byakuya in particular would support Cruz (who IMO is the most psychopathic)
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2016, 07:50:05 PM by What the heck does ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ mean? »

Now for the Sequel!

Hajime Hinata: As the most average guy ever, he votes for whoever he thinks will win.
Nagito Komeada: Knowing his luck and how it works, he probably switched between candidates of both sides. Currently he's a Sanders supporter, but in the general he's undecided.
Fat Byakuya Togami: Skipping him as to avoid spoilers.
Gundham Tanaka: His 8th Grader Syndrome makes him write himself in.
Kazuichi Souda: Cruz?
Teruteru Honamura: He tries to get laid from at least one worker for all candidates. Of cours, he fails and just votes for whoever his family votes for.
Nekomaru Nidai: Sanders, he wants everyone to be the best they can be (he is the Team Manager) and Sanders would provide everyone with good sleep, good food, and of course, a good $%#@.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: He's a natural loner, so I doubt he bothers to vote.
Akane Owarri: Clinton. Would say Sanders but her being brown gives me the Clinton edge.
Chiaki Nanami: She spends election day playing "The Political Machine" all day as her title is the SDHS/SHSL/Ultimate Gamer.
Sonia Nevermind: She's a princess from a foreign country. I doubt they have elections in Novoselic anyway.
Hiyoko Saionji: Trump, she likes killing animals and being mean.
Mahiru Koizumi: Probably Sanders I guess. She takes pictures of happy people, not war.
Mikan Tsumiki: Sanders since she's a nurse and supports Universal healthcare.
Ibuki Mioda: Swing voter. Her taste in music varies so I bet her votes do too.
Peko Pekoyama: Doesn't vote, or votes with Kyuzuru if he ever voted.

Monomi: Sanders
Monokuma: Write-In: Junko Enoshima.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »

Also, for what it's worth, Yamada is a textbook Sanders voter. As for Celestia, she seems much more likely to support Cruz. Clinton isn't that good of a fit for her, honestly.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »

The Office + Parks & Recreation:

Leslie Knope - Hillary Clinton (duh)
Michael Scott - Ben Carson
Ron Swanson - Ted Cruz
Dwight Schrute - Donald Trump
Andy Dwyer - Bernie Sanders
Jim Halpert - John Kasich
Tom Haverford - Bernie Sanders
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2016, 01:59:01 AM »

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:
Uncle Phil:  Bush/Kasich
Aunt Viv #1:  Clinton
Aunt Viv #2:   Bush/Kasich
Hillary:  Clinton
Carlton:  Rubio/Bush
Ashley:  Clinton
Will:  Sanders
Jazz:  Sanders

Geoffrey: Labour?!?

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #317 on: July 13, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »

My take on the fresh prince of bel-air

Will: Sanders
Phillip Banks: Clinton (Republican turned voting democrat after Obama.)
Viv Banks: Clinton
Carlton: Cruz
Hillary: Clinton
Ashley: Sanders
Jazz: Sanders
Vy Smith: Clinton

Geoffry: Labour (Considers himself to be of the working class.)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #318 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »

Love thy Neighour

Eddie: UKIP (Labour-turned BNP, around 05, turned UKIP), though wouldn't be surprised if he still votes labour due to legacy and his affiliation to unions.

Joan: Labour
Bill: Tory
Barbie: Lib Dems, though more of the tory kind
Jacko: Labour
Arthur: Labour
Nobby: Labour
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2016, 05:52:11 AM »

My take on the fresh prince of bel-air

Will: Sanders
Phillip Banks: Clinton (Republican turned voting democrat after Obama.)
Viv Banks: Clinton
Carlton: Cruz
Hillary: Clinton
Ashley: Sanders
Jazz: Sanders
Vy Smith: Clinton

Geoffry: Labour (Considers himself to be of the working class.)

Been a while since I was in a hotel and unable to find any other TV shows playing besides Fresh Prince at 11:30 AM on a Saturday morning, but... Wasn't Carlton some smarmy nerdy f#ck? Makes more sense to have him go Kasich or *shudder* Rubio. That said, this is the California primary, so one could see a scenario where he's part of some last ditch #NeverTrump bullsh#t and votes Cruz, but that seems like the only viable way of doing that.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »

The Graduate-
Mrs. Robinson- Clinton
Benjamin Braddock- Sanders in primary, torn between Clinton/Stein/not voting in general
Mr. Robinson- Trump
Elaine- Sanders in primary, torn between Clinton/Stein/not voting in general, maybe slightly more pro-Clinton than Benjamin
Mr. Braddock- Trump
Mrs. Braddock- Seemed disengaged, so possibly a non-voter, but if she did likely would have voted for whoever her husband was

Everyone on The West Wing would support Clinton. The lower level people who might not have in theory (Donna, Charlie) were way too ideologically moderate to vote Sanders.

Gloria: Clinton  (A Woman, feminist, liberal but not that much, seems like it.)
Micheal: Sanders (Male, Egotistical, hippie, has anti-woman prejudices, will make anti-Hillary slurs, vote for green and never for Hillary.)

Michael would have hated Trump so much that he would vote for Clinton in the end just to stop him. It's not like Carter was a huge leftist and he voted for him.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2016, 09:52:05 AM »

I just started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

Mac: Trump (Cruz in primary?)
Dee: Clinton (Sanders in primary)
Frank: Trump (primary and general)
Charlie: Abstain (Sanders in primary because it seemed cool to him?)
Dennis: Probably has never voted in his life
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »

Let's do The Simpsons again.

Homer - White working-class male with a populist streak, somewhat homophobic and known to be quite a militant unionist when he wants to be. But has also taken a liberal streak on illegal immigrants. On balance, Trump.
Marge - Mainstream female Democrat would vote for the mainstream female Democrat. Would have supported her in the primaries too.
Bart - Likes cool things, so Sanders in the primaries. Hates authority, so wouldn't vote for either main party candidate. Probably Johnson.
Lisa - Environmentalist, feminist and SJW long before the term was coined. Lean Sanders in the primaries, reluctant Hillary supporter in the general to keep out Trump.
Abe - Thought he got money for doing nothing at all because the Democrats were in power again. Also blamed them for not being able to see his grandson. War veteran with a nostalgic streak. Clearly Trump...as long as he promises to make Matlock run on every TV network 24/7.
Mr. Burns - Republican in the Romney mould. Probably not keen on Trump's immigration stance, as he employs Mexicans himself. Would probably follow the Bushes in voting for Johnson.
Mr. Smithers - Known to lie about his political stances to please Mr. Burns. Would do so again by voting for Hillary, despite telling Burns that he'd vote for Johnson.
Moe - Secretly an illegal immigrant and possibly transgender. He'd be very vocal to the regulars at the bar about the need for a Trump presidency, but in the privacy of the polling booth he'd vote for Hillary.

Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2016, 03:19:19 AM »

The Office

Michael Scott: Consider him to be a moderate. He always acts quite clumsy when it comes to minorities or different sexual orientations, so he propably grew up in a conservative household, and he always tries to prove that he is not a racist. Backed Bush or Kasich in the republican primaries and votes for Johnson or Hillary in the general election.

Dwight Schrute: Classical country boy, stucked in the middle of the 19th century. Santorum/Cruz/Trump in the primaries, Trump in the general election.

Jim Helpert: Guess he'd back Bernie in the primaries and votes for Hillary in the general election.

Pam Helpert: Hillary supporter.

Stanley: Doesn't vote because he doesn't care.

Angela
: Either a strong Trump/Cruz supporter or she votes for a strange archconservative third-party.

Parks and Recreation

Leslie Knope: Considers herself as a feminist. Obviously an enthusiastic Hillary supporter.

Ron Swanson: Johnson.

Tom Haverford: Either he doesn't vote because he's to cool or he's #BernieOrBurst.

April Ludgate: Doesn't vote.

Jerry: He's a conservative. I guess he backed Bush in early 2015 and switches to Cruz since Jeb sunk into obscurity. He might have voted for Cruz in die Indiana primary, but supports Trump in the general election.

Ben Wyatt
: Kasich in the primaries, Hillary or Johnson in the general election.

AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »

Am currently re-watching How I Met Your Mother, which I know some people don't like for being a cheap knock-off of Friends. But I actually - wait for it - prefer it...

Anyway:

Ted Mosby - Probably the most moderate member of the group. Will put him down as voting for Hillary, but he would have gone for Kasich in the primary (a fellow Ohioan). Would have supported Jeb or Rubio in a general also.

Marshall Eriksen - Believer of environmental causes, despite working briefly in the corporate world. I imagine he supported Sanders in the primaries but will back Stein in the general.

Robin Scherbatsky - With dual citizenship, she can now vote. Hardest to pin down but probably a Republican based on her upbringing and interests. Will vote for Trump whilst holding her nose. Not sure who she would have backed in the primaries, but gotta lean toward Ted Cruz because of the Canadian thing...

Barney Stinson - In public, very much a corporate/white collar Republican. Would have gone for Jeb, Rubio or Kasich in the primary, but gets a kick out of telling friends he is all for Trump now. However, in the polling booth, with his history and current "assignment" (PLEASE), he would have backed Bernie in the primary. Probably leans Stein in the general but open to voting Hillary too.

Lily Aldrin - Democrat through and through. Admires the Bernie Sanders campaign but backs Hillary to the hilt.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies