Republicans In Name Only (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans In Name Only (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Torie

Duke

Nik

King

Joe Republic

Hamilton/KM

HTMLdon

Bullmoose88

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Republicans In Name Only  (Read 1674 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 01, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »

Nik is closer to an actual conservative, not a neocon clown.

He praise Harry Truman  and was more of a DLC Democrat at one point.

How long have you been a lurker? I don't recall NiK being espeically active lately.

That was true, years ago. My political beliefs have since changed. I like Truman's abrasiveness, though.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2011, 01:06:21 AM by Blackwater NiK »

Nik is closer to an actual conservative, not a neocon clown.

He praise Harry Truman  and was more of a DLC Democrat at one point.

How long have you been a lurker? I don't recall NiK being espeically active lately.

That was true, years ago. My political beliefs have since changed. I like Truman's abrasiveness, though.

What are you now? All I've gotten so far from having read tls that happened to have your posts is a love of Lloyd Bentsen, some more libertarian Democrats, and Ronald  Reagan.

Lloyd Bentsen? Oh my. You must have gone back to early 2009. I was still in 8th Grade then. Tongue I like Bentsen. I think he's a lot better than most Democrats (and Republicans) of the age. Democrats should have nominated him for president instead of that other clown.

I'm more of a libertarian-leaning conservative, with a few adjustments but still fundamentally the same core philosophy. I'm for, generally, government inaction on matters of morality. I don't believe in school prayer, support gay marriage, wish to end the prohibition of cannabis, and legalize prostitution. Those, in my opinion, should be private matters. On the abortion issue, I'll be the first to admit I'm a moderate hero; (sorry Mint Tongue) I believe that after a fetus can feel pain, an abortion should be prohibited. While I grew up in the most liberal society imaginable (SF Bay Area), and therefore, have a (in my view) very tolerant view of other cultures and societies.

As for foreign policy, I'm generally an internationalist non-interventionist. I believe we should withdraw from Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as close down bases in countries that don't want us or need us. Many of our root problems are from our boneheaded and frankly hostile actions toward other nations. A lot of what America did to Latin America in its history is completely atrocious. We overthrew leaders, established bases, and forced satisfactory trade deals all in the name of "democracy." It's no wonder they hate us.

Domestically, I believe we should, in the words of a great philosopher, "drill, baby, drill!" and I support efforts to expand nuclear power. I think that it is a vital step to getting the country on the path to renewable energy, and would do wonders for our national security. I have no problem with low taxes, and see them as more beneficial to me personally than social programs. But that view might just come from were I am placed in society (The 17%!), and understandably, might not be the view of others. I oppose amnesty (flip-flop from 2009!) and support securing the border. I'm not big on the Patriot Act or limitations to our civil liberties.

There, that's a pretty good summary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies