All GOP Nominees of the Past 100 Years vs. Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:27:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  All GOP Nominees of the Past 100 Years vs. Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All GOP Nominees of the Past 100 Years vs. Romney  (Read 335 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:41 AM »

In this hypothetical matchup, how many would be running to the right of Mitt Romney? I think Calvin Coolidge would be the only one.  Maybe Reagan, but he'd flame out on immigration.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »

In this hypothetical matchup, how many would be running to the right of Mitt Romney? I think Calvin Coolidge would be the only one.  Maybe Reagan, but he'd flame out on immigration.

the problem is not where Roomney is running now, the problem is where Romney has been.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:35 AM »

In this hypothetical matchup, how many would be running to the right of Mitt Romney? I think Calvin Coolidge would be the only one.  Maybe Reagan, but he'd flame out on immigration.

the problem is not where Roomney is running now, the problem is where Romney has been.

You try winning a statewide election in Massachusetts.

Economically, Coolidge. Nobody on social issues unless you exclude immigration (In that case, W. Bush gets the nod for his excessively anti-gay marriage schtick, not to mention his lackluster support for stem cell research)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

You try winning a statewide election in Massachusetts.

I wouldn't prostitute myself to do it.

---

everyone else other than Coolidge would have approved of socialized medicine for all?

---

Nobody on social issues unless you exclude immigration (In that case, W. Bush gets the nod for his excessively anti-gay marriage schtick, not to mention his lackluster support for stem cell research)

everyone else other than W would have approved of abortion rights and same sex marriage?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies