Should the Fed take over the IMF? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:46:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Should the Fed take over the IMF? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Fed take over the IMF and just print dollars to stabilize Greek and other's debts?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Should the Fed take over the IMF?  (Read 2284 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: November 04, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
« edited: November 04, 2011, 12:06:07 PM by Politico »

To me, economics is about analyzing human behavior with the most predictive models/formulas you can possibly achieve given the current state of knowledge/technology (or, if you want a more formal textbook definition, the science of resource allocation in a world of scarcity).

The formulas/models achieve a level of knowledge about human behavior, but do not necessarily cause or direct human behavior in any way, shape or form. However, it is interesting how certain ideas/theories/philosophies/models can drive human behavior after becoming widespread/accepted (and even without people realizing this is happening). It reminds me of that famous line from Keynes about everybody being the slave of some defunct economist.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »

By the way who is the other non-brainwashed person who voted with me on my scheme?

The only other person on the forum who appreciates your trolling efforts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies