Census Bureau of Atlasia: Homelycooking, Registrar General (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Census Bureau of Atlasia: Homelycooking, Registrar General (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Bureau of Atlasia: Homelycooking, Registrar General  (Read 99802 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 07, 2011, 11:12:43 PM »

The JCP Liberal Caucus has attained the membership required for establishment: Oakvale, Napoleon, Bacon King, Scott, and Dallasfan65.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »

Antonio, I believe.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »

The parade of new citizens who do absolutely nothing in Atlasia besides register - but stay on the rolls for six months - continues. This is getting ridiculous and it makes me want to propose legislation that, if passed, would mandate the deregistration of those who miss their first election.

There's an idea...

A bad one. The honorable RG's comments are counterproductive.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »

Why?  If they miss their first election they can re-register and vote, but there's no point in having all these people on the voter registry if they're not going to do anything.

I am with Ben. This game would die if such legislation were to be made law.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »

I am with Ben. This game would die if such legislation were to be made law.

Governor, I contest that those who would most likely be affected by the legislation (EmersonAdams, LiberalJunkie, Rooney, Vosem...where are they?) are hardly the ones who are contributing to the political life of Atlasia.

They certainly aren't if we kick them off the voter rolls. Don't you think it is a tad irresponsible to make assumptions about these posters that just registered?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »

They certainly aren't if we kick them off the voter rolls. Don't you think it is a tad irresponsible to make assumptions about these posters that just registered?

Even if they are removed from the voter rolls, they would be welcome to re-register at any time. As for the assumptions I have made about those citizens - well, I invite them to prove me wrong.

I invite you to give them a chance. No need for the negative attitude toward new posters. I don't understand it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »

I would argue the actual problem here is when people elect those have proven themselves to be not very active, or resign, or disappear without notice for extensive periods of time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »

Snowy Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »

I wonder how many people have been around enough to remember Jas and The Examiner. That was the best thing that has ever happened in Atlasia.

I remember it well.  I remember pretty much everyone on that list.

So do I. I also remember when the smallest region in Atlasia had 8 people.

I am interested in hearing about this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »

Oh, I know. I just wanted to announce my epicness Tongue

Young'uns. Back in my day we had two parties*.

*Shaddap. I don't care that I technically joined right after the dissolution.

Those days were fun.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »

FWIW, I think not calling it the "New Register Thread" any more will through off a lot of people. That's just how it has always been.

OK, I'll change it.
Well, I don't know how others feel about it (the majority could support the change). Just my two cents.

(And yes, I said through instead of throw. Tongue Chalk it up as an early morning "Oops")

Thoreauly embarrassing.

You should be more open-minded and not Walden.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »

*sigh*  We never should have lowered the threshold for major parties.  Any senators out there want to work on repealing that?  Smiley

I was opposed to the change, but unless there's the political will to change it (amendments have some significant barriers) there's not much I can do. :/
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »

If I remember correctly, I supported the change because it was just that: change. Personally, though, I would like to see the threshold for major party status at 10. 

I tried that, too. Tongue I got bitched at.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »

Green party
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »

According to the elections calendar in the Introduction to Atlasia thread, the at-large senate election starts August 16. If you are away on that day, who will run the election? We can't function without yyyooouuu!

Regular elections to the Senate shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on the Thursday preceding the penultimate Friday of the month and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the penultimate Friday itself

So the calendar is incorrect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies