Dems: Did you really think Kerry would win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dems: Did you really think Kerry would win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Dems: Did you really think Kerry would win?  (Read 49561 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 25, 2004, 12:22:47 AM »

It's funny, I suppose, that this poll is going a lot differently than the comments, so I'll be one of the few to be honest.

I did. I did on November 2nd. I did thanks to the exit polls, thanks to Tradesports. And people put their money where their mouth is - Tradesports clearly showed that I wasn't the only one fooled.

I did not on November 1st. I thought we were going to lose it unless we were going to be amazed by some sort of movement we never realized. A lot of Republicans said pollsters were significantly underestimating the GOP GOTV machine. They weren't. In the end, the polls were pretty much right. Bush would win solidly, but not hugely.

My general feeling was that Kerry could win, but not necessarily. I never thought that a Kerry win was certain. At some points, when Kerry was up nationally by a good margin, I thought he was in good shape.

Was I ever convinced Kerry would win? No way. Did I ever thing Kerry had the advantage? Absolutely.

And like anyone, no matter how much they talked, I was not certain who won until shortly after 7 PM PST.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:35:13 PM »

Something many forget about things here in Ohio...the big cities make the state a swing state...75% of Ohio is country...trust me, I've driven through it. I never had a doubt that Bush would win Ohio, and I never doubted Florida. However, Bush's 5 point Florida win was a bit more than I expected.

Pennsylvania was a letdown. I always thought Kerry would win it...but, really...it sucks.

You never had any doubt, even when he was up in the polls?

I wish I had your stalwartness.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 08:36:48 PM »

Yes, mainly because his opponent was Bush. I misunderestimated the stupidity of the American populace, perhaps. Then again, only 60% voted, so that's a bit unfair.

If I used that stupid eye-rolling icon, this would be the place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies