The People's HQ [Announcement]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:46:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's HQ [Announcement]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The People's HQ [Announcement]  (Read 4442 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »

Endorsed

I'm not really sure how to read PM scores, but I'm guessing yours means: very economically liberal, moderate economically Conservative?

Something doesn't work with this question. Tongue

Gahh! Should be "socially liberal". Tongue

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 01:37:33 AM »

Just like something isn't working with that quoting job. Tongue

One of them days? Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

Just like something isn't working with that quoting job. Tongue

One of them days? Wink

I was on my ipod and couldn't scroll down, plus, it looked like I had just enough room, however, turns out I had typed inside the quote. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »

I think I shall endorse you. Tongue

Best of luck with the race, Cinci; You're a game reform believer and you deserve to win!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »

Tax and spending policy have been major policy issues on this forum.  In Atlasia, this is realistically the most important policy issue left, as social issues play a background role.  As a candidate I think it's important that I not only tell you what my own view on the issue is, but what we should strive for in the future.

Taxes; I don't consider myself to be the typical Republican on this issue, and I would most certainly be called a RINO by certain [explicit] radio personalities for my views.  The truth is, I believe that the wealthier Atlasians should pay a higher percentage.  These citizens have gained the most from our economic system, and they should pay back into that same system.  I don't think we should tax these individuals some exceedingly high percentage, but, a higher proportion of their income relative to those with less income.  In case my position isn't clear, I simply will not support a "Fair" tax, or a Flat tax.  My platform will not consist of any 9-9-9 plans, or 21% sale taxes.

Despite my view on income taxes, I do believe tax cuts are necessary.  Our tax policy needs to focus on small business, who employ the majority of Atlasians, and manufacturing jobs.  Living in the state of NY, I know what the loss of manufacturing means to an area.  Thousands of jobs are lost when these employers decide to flee the area for more desirable locations.  These local plants have laid off half their work force, increasing an already high unemployment rate.  Small business owners haven't been immune either, and are often forced to cut their payroll in order to stay afloat.  Payroll taxes are out of control, and with the addition of a recession, many of these business owners are struggling.  We must ensure that our innovators and true job creators are a priority, instead of our friends at the yacht club.  The People must be placed above private, and corporate interests, lobbyist money, and our wealthy campaign contributors.  We are democratically elected by a majority, for a majority, and we must always remember that as we set the economic policy that will guide this country.

Spending;  Government spending is often criticized as wasteful, and irresponsible.  In many areas, I would agree that government spending has been and continues to be "waste".  Military spending itself represents a large proportion of our spending.  We have continued for several years to spend money in Iraq, money we simply don't have.  We have continued to send military aid around the world, some of it filtered into the hands of our enemies.  Why, when in such a state of deficit, do we continue to make poor decisions?  We simply can't afford to play big brother to the entire world.  This doesn't mean we can't be a reliable friend, and trade partner to foreign countries.  Nor does it mean we can't deploy humanitarian aid to impoverished nations.

Spending must remain a concern in this country, and together the Senate must seek common ground in order to balance our budget.  This means significant cuts in defense spending, and further cuts across the board.  Our government contains so many departments, and offices that we're running up the bill.  When our credibility runs out, we won't have money to keep the lights on at all.

My final point to address, is the poor state of our infrastructure.  Bridges are literally collapsing around the country, major interstates can no longer handle the demand, and our sewage system is crumbling.  Years of neglect have ultimately cost us more in the long term, but we can't continue to ignore this increasingly dire situation.  Despite all the cuts in government spending that must take place, infrastructure can't be one of them.  We must take action now, and ensure our transportation is effective, and our basic amenities like running water remain secure.  The Senate must take the lead, and propose a bill giving the regions the resources to handle this situation.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »

Would you support the following:
A flat tax of 20% starting with a $15,000 exemption, and no other exemptions of any sort
Along with the government giving everyone $15,000 a year just for being alive.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »

Would you support the following:
A flat tax of 20% starting with a $15,000 exemption, and no other exemptions of any sort
Along with the government giving everyone $15,000 a year just for being alive.

No, I wouldn't..
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »

You have my full endorsement.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »

Thanks.

I think I shall endorse you. Tongue

Best of luck with the race, Cinci; You're a game reform believer and you deserve to win!

I think all three of us are decent candidates, but I really do appreciate your endorsement Smiley

I'm still answering any questions..  I prefer dialogue rather than ranting on and on, but I guess if need be, I can do that too Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

Speech, On "Should we ban the gay?"

Seeing as how I'm a member of the RPP, and apparently we're the anti-gay party, let me make my position clear.  I believe in equality no matter what sexual orientation you may have.  I don't care if you like women, men, or both.  People deserve to be afforded the same legality and equality as every other citizen, despite their differences. 

On the issue of marriage, I don't agree with the current system we have.  Why should I have to get a marriage license to marry the woman I love?  Why should marriage be a state institution?  If two people love each other, let them be joined together, for better or worse.  Disregard any special tax credits, or preferential treatment the government feels obligated to disperse to joined couples. 

Going even further into this contentious topic, should homosexual couples be afforded the right to adopt a child.  Why is this even an issue?  How many children need a home with loving, caring parents?  If a responsible couple has the ability to provide the financial and emotional necessities required in raising a child, I say let them adopt.  Let them give a child a better home, better education, and better future.   

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

Just for the record, my reason for posting the poll, was not to "prove the RPP is anti-gay" but rather, to see if we have ANY members who are anti-gay. I don't think we do.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2011, 08:13:34 AM by Cincinnatus »

Just for the record, my reason for posting the poll, was not to "prove the RPP is anti-gay" but rather, to see if we have ANY members who are anti-gay. I don't think we do.

My comment wasn't intended for you, nor do I think you made the poll for that reason.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »

Please, Cinci, you should know that I was jesting. Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »

Please, Cinci, you should know that I was jesting. Smiley

I have to make my position clear either way.  Besides, the poll gave me something to write about, seeing as how no one has asked me any questions in the past few days.. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

If you don't discriminate against homosexuals, do discriminate against Sillesians?
?snaiselliS tsniaga etanimircsid od ,slauxesomoh tsniaga etanimircsid t'nod uoy fI
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »

If you don't discriminate against homosexuals, do discriminate against Sillesians?
?snaiselliS tsniaga etanimircsid od ,slauxesomoh tsniaga etanimircsid t'nod uoy fI

Of course not.  You should be free to speak whatever language you want.  Besides, this game needs some silly Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 04:09:29 AM »

I made you a campaign jingle

The dude wont kill
any girl named jill
but he might grill
a nice pickle, dill
he is a guy of no frill
he has ideas still
he is like a nice pill
he has the needed will
he's the guy to fill
the vacant seat till
he decideds it's a thrill
or maybe goes downhill
he indeed will instill
a quality fire drill
Vote for the guy with skill
Vote for Cincinnatus.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 08:09:20 AM »

It's lovely Teddy.  I can't imagine why anyone would vote against me when I have such a nice campaign jingle Cheesy
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

It's lovely Teddy.  I can't imagine why anyone would vote against me when I have such a nice campaign jingle Cheesy

Some of us voted before the jingle.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »

My less than "right-wing" platform didn't help get your vote obviously Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

Plus I was personally contacted by one of your opponents and the extra effort won me over. No offense or anything.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 07:16:30 PM »

Plus I was personally contacted by one of your opponents and the extra effort won me over. No offense or anything.

One of my minions didn't contact you?  Damn regional chairs Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »

I think he is saying you should have contacted him yourself. Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States