20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:46:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Poll
Question: 20RP12 For Senate?
Yes Cheesy

No Sad

Maybe Squinting

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: 20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement  (Read 17508 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »

San Francisco, CA

Audience member: Are bailouts to failing corporations ever justifiable?

20RP12: Never. Part of starting a business is having the fear of failure. If a business can't make money, it's not the Government's job to give them money. That's not how a Capitalist system is supposed to work. Businesses must earn their money, just like people.

Audience member: Does rehabilitation ever work in Criminal Justice?

20RP12: For some criminals, yes. For others, no. Some people just suffer from mental diseases that they cannot be cured of. Some people are undeniably threats to society and if they are in prison, they belong there so they don't hurt anyone else. It is possible to rehabilitate some criminals, however.

Audience member: On the topic of Criminal Justice, is the Death Penalty morally justifiable?

20RP12: No. To take the life of a human being is not morally justifiable. Period. If someone commits a murder and is in turn murdered, that makes the state just as much of a criminal for allowing it to happen. No, it's not morally justified.

Audience member: You call yourself "Pro-Choice" but yet you say executing a criminal who has actually caused harm to someone is morally unjustified? How do you justify those comments?

20RP12: I never once said that abortion is morally justified. In fact, it's extremely wrong and I would love to see a world in which abortions are not needed, but unfortunately, we do not live in such a world. I believe that forcing a woman to have a baby is also morally unjust and extremely painful. The amount of pain a woman goes through not only during childbirth, but also during pregnancy...she develops a connection to that baby. To kill it may hurt her, but it will probably hurt her more to carry a child for 9 months, a child which is taking a portion of her food, only just to give it up either for adoption or be forced to keep it. That is extremely stressful, especially if she can't take care of it. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one, but by all means do not restrict the rights of ones who might want-or need-one.

That's all for today! Thank you very much for coming out! Spread the message!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

Campaign Commercial

(20RP12 appears on white background)

20RP12: With the election approaching fast, we now face the problem of not having an official to administer the election. This is because the official who was supposed to administer the election quit in the face of being confronted on an issue of possibly not allowing a legitimate candidate on the ballot. Regardless of whether the confrontation was necessary or not, resignation was not necessary and now we must scramble to find someone who will do this job. The official who resigned is now running for At-Large Senate. Is that really who you want as your Senator? Someone who quits in the face of confrontation? I surely don't. If you choose to elect me your Senator, I will not back down for any reason. I will not quit on Atlasia because someone has challenged me. I will fight for truth and justice in this country. So when you enter the voting booth whenever it opens, think...do you want a leader? Or do you want a quitter?

I'm 20RP12 and I approve this message because Atlasia deserves better.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »

Ooh, attack ads. Interesting.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2011, 02:46:24 PM »

Well, I'd prefer not to call it an "attack" ad. I'm just offering my opinion on the situation. No matter who it was, I would have made this ad. It's cowardly to quit on this nation because somebody challenged you.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »

Oakland, CA

Audience member: Recent polls show you with high approval ratings, yet little support with the election nearing. How can you convince voters that you're right for the job?

20RP12: Well, plain and simple, the fact that I've gone out on this tour around Atlasia to talk to ordinary citizens like you all shows how dedicated and active I am. It isn't easy to go out on a bus tour for a month in x amount of cities around Atlasia and remain and active Assemblyman back home. That shows my dedication to making things better in this country.

Audience member: What is your opinion of Teddy quitting as SoFE?

20RP12: Frankly, it was a cowardly move. To quit on these people just for being questioned about an error he made...it's ridiculous. Now he's running for Senate. Atlasia deserves better than a quitter.

Audience member: Do you think Teddy can win a Senate seat?

20RP12: Well anyone can win, but I will refrain from making "predictions" about any of the candidates so I don't come off as arrogant.

Audience member: Some left wing Atlasians like myself are worried about the lack of left wing candidates in the Senate race, how do you appeal to people like me?

20RP12: Well I think left wing Atlasians are still Atlasians, just as right wingers are. We are all Atlasians. I am going to be The People's Senator. I will represent both left and right wingers. I wish political division would subside so we could focus on what's truly important: Atlasia. That's what I'm focused on.

Thank you all for coming out tonight! That's all! Spread the message!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »

Friends,

The election is in two days and we are still lacking in polls. Please continue to spread the message so we can see real change in Atlasia.

-20RP12
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »

I have a policy question for you which I posed other candidates as well.

Would you support the following bill as a Senator?

The Productivity Equalization and Worker Employment Act
1. The workweek shall be shortened to 36 hours effective June 1, 2012.
2. The workweek shall be shortened to 32 hours effective June 1, 2014.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »

I could be persuaded to support it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »

A second question, if you permit:

Do you think supporting such a bill would be compatible with your libertarian views on the economy?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »

A second question, if you permit:

Do you think supporting such a bill would be compatible with your libertarian views on the economy?

Of course. However, I would motion to have the second section removed. 32 hours seems far too little for a work week. Also, I would have to consider what my constituents want. I believe that the second section is superfluous, but it seems like a reasonable bill.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »

Los Angeles, CA

Audience member: Can music be harmful to children and teens?

20RP12: With the right amount of parenting and oversight, no. In fact, taking music away from kids can be harmful. Children must have an aspect of creativity introduced into their lives. It broadens their horizons and makes for a more well-rounded adult when they get there. If a parent guides a child away from misinterpreting lyrics, there is no threat posed.

Audience member: Is war ever morally justified?

20RP12: Morally? No. Never. It is immoral to take the life of another human being under any circumstance. However, when certain things happen, morals may be set aside in order for us to defend ourselves against dangers. When you have things like Pearl Harbor (whose anniversary is approaching) and 9/11, those are legitimate reasons to go to war. However, when we complete our mission in the occupied country, that's it. We have to leave after that.

Audience member: Do you support amnesty in any circumstance?

20RP12: Not really. I believe amnesty sends the message that we'll allow illegal immigration for some and not for others, it puts us in a position in which we're picking and choosing who can and cannot break the law, which is kind of ironic because no one should be allowed to break the law. If we're going to have immigration, it has to be legal immigration in which the proper paperwork is filled out. I know it's a long process and I will work to shorten the wait to become a citizen, but unfortunately it's all we've got.

Audience member: Could you see yourself supporting any form of gun control?

20RP12: Not necessarily. I support one's right to own and operate firearms as they please, but I don't think it's necessary for us to sell AK-47s and other potentially dangerous weapons. People can own handguns and shotguns, but when you get down to it, an AK-47 is not necessary for hunting or for protection, a small handgun or a shotgun can do that. When we go around selling these dangerous weapons, we allow the risk of a dangerous person purchasing one and committing a very serious crime.

That's all for today! Thank you for coming out! Spread the message!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2011, 06:26:23 AM »

Dangit this thread always ends up on page 2! Oh well, gotta keep my campaign active.

bump
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

Phoenix, AZ

Audience member: The election is supposed to start tomorrow. Do you have pre-election jitters?

20RP12: Well, not really. I'm not "nervous" to lose because The People will elect who they believe is best for the job and if that's not me, then that's okay.

Audience member: What kind of effect has the internet had on our society?

20RP12: Obviously the internet has done both great things and terrible things for our society. It has revolutionized the way we learn, trade and interact with other human beings, but it has also progressively slowed us down and made us less intelligent. A generation being raised on the internet may not know who Ernest Hemingway and Robert Frost were and that sort of scares me. Children need to be culturally enriched along with other things they learn in school.

Audience member: Do you believe you have the name credibility that some of the other candidates have?

20RP12: Well probably not. We can all basically agree that Junkie is going to win and I do encourage you all to vote for him, as his election into the Senate is long overdue. But let's face it: I'm running against people like Nathan, Kalwejt, Junkie, Nathan and Sewer...I feel honored to even be put in that same group of people. I wish them all the best of luck.

Audience member: Some have called you "too soft" in your approach to politics, they insist that you must stand your ground and never compromise. Why are those people wrong?

20RP12: They're wrong because being stubborn gets you nowhere. We currently have leftist President and I consider myself to lean more right-wing. If I was stubborn and stuck only to my beliefs, then what kind of person would I be? I'm going to be The People's Senator. I want to represent each and every one of you in the Senate and that requires me to sacrifice some of my beliefs and values in order to see progress made in Atlasia.

That's all for today! Drive home safe! Spread the message!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »

The People will determine who their next senator will be. Crowning yourself as Their senator prior to election is a recipe for disaster. Remember, I didn't start out as The People's senator. They just adopted me into their loving home. These words will get you far, young one.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »

The People will determine who their next senator will be. Crowning yourself as Their senator prior to election is a recipe for disaster. Remember, I didn't start out as The People's senator. They just adopted me into their loving home. These words will get you far, young one.

Perhaps I misconstrued my words. I want to be The People's Senator, if they so allow it to be. If elected, I will legislate on their behalf. I will work for them, not the other way around.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »

Perhaps I misconstrued my words. I want to be The People's Senator, if they so allow it to be. If elected, I will legislate on their behalf. I will work for them, not the other way around.

Now that's the attitude! The People will take note of this statement and will surely adjust their ballots accordingly!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

What is your stance on the Caucus Bill, and caucuses in general?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »

What is your stance on the Caucus Bill, and caucuses in general?

The bill and caucuses are great. Caucuses encourage unity and that's something this country needs.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »

So does the election start tonight or...?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada

Audience member: Today is the 70th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Should Atlasians be more educated about Pearl Harbor or is it too much of a touchy subject?

20RP12: First off, I'd like to honor our Veterans who not only died in Pearl Harbor, but in any military operation in the history of this country, can we get a round of applause?

-applause-

Secondly, I think Pearl Harbor is a subject that, while touchy, needs to be taught. Atlasians should not be blinded from the truth, no matter how disturbing.

Audience member: You've run your entire campaign on being "The People's Senate Candidate," what exactly sets you apart from all the other candidates? Are you accusing them of not being for "The People?"

20RP12: Absolutely not, but what I'm saying is that I want The People to know that I will legislate on behalf of the people. I'm not saying that Junkie or TJ or Sewer won't, but I'm making it a focal point of my campaign. Sure I can shout "change" and "reform" and whatnot til I'm blue in the face, but at the end of the day, who cares? Politicians lie all the time. I want to make the point that I'm not just another politician, instead I want to be a Senator that truly represents the people.

Audience member: Does Junkie really deserve a Senate seat?

20RP12: Well, yes. Junkie has worked so hard for a very long time to become Senator and he's come up short so many times. He's a fantastic guy and I think his presence in the Senate would be wonderful for this country. It would be an honor to serve with him.

Audience member: This is your last stop on the campaign trail; Looking back on your campaign for Senate, is there anything you regret, things you've said wrong, perhaps things you could have said better?

20RP12: Well, it's been a long campaign and of course I've said things wrong because, as a human, i'm not perfect. I'm not incredibly stellar at construing all my thoughts properly, but I think I did pretty good overall. I've been received well by Atlasians and I'm hoping this tour of the country helped me. I've met some wonderful people on this tour and I will keep them all in mind if I am elected to be their Senator.

Well, that was the last question of the day. Please go out and vote 20RP12 for Senate, it'd truly be an honor. Thank you so much for having me, spread the message and drive home safe. Happy voting!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »

Friends,

I have received an endorsement from the JCP for the 5th preference in the upcoming Senate race:

SENATE ENDORSEMENTS-
20RP12 wins preference #5 by default.

This is great news. I would like to thank the JCP for honoring me with their endorsement. Hopefully, this will attract left wing voters who are still undecided about me to me. This is really great news.

-20RP12
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

Friends,

I have received an endorsement from the RPP for the highest non-party preference in the Senate race:

Results of the Endorsement Vote:

20RP12 has received endorsement by the RPP for the highest non-RPP preference.

This is excellent news. I am honored to receive this endorsement and I would like to thank the party for their endorsement.

-20RP12
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2011, 06:29:54 AM »

Friends,

The polls are open. It's time to decide which five candidates you want elected for At-Large Senate. I would be honored to be one of those five. Thank you all very much.

Happy voting!

-20RP12
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2011, 07:57:43 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

if he HAS you on ignore, then you've done nothing wrong at all.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

if he HAS you on ignore, then you've done nothing wrong at all.

...?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies