2011 Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2011 Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: 2011 Election Results Thread  (Read 35553 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2011, 05:30:19 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Ooh, I didn't know this.  Conservative/Tea Party Democrat-turned-Republican Mayor Mike Jarjura of Waterbury lost his bid for a sixth term to the liberal Democrat that beat him in the primary. Smiley

Apparently we took some other big cities held by incumbent Republicans, too.
CaDan
Rookie
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »

Reeves margin went up in recanvassing. There were additional tabulation errors in Spotsylvania county that resulted in another 144 votes for him.

He's ahead by over 200 votes now. An 86 vote lead was virtually insurmountable as it was. 200+ is way, way too much for any recount. I doubt Houck even asks for one now.
CaDan
Rookie
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

New Totals:

Reeves 22,610
Houck 22,386

I think recanvassing is done now.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »

Wow, Beshear did pretty badly in the coal counties next to WV. Any particular reason?
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »

Ooh, I didn't know this.  Conservative/Tea Party Democrat-turned-Republican Mayor Mike Jarjura of Waterbury lost his bid for a sixth term to the liberal Democrat that beat him in the primary. Smiley

Apparently we took some other big cities held by incumbent Republicans, too.

Does that help you sleep at night?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »

These appear to be the best 'No' votes on 26:

Hinds 76.4%
Jefferson 76.3%
Claiborne 74.2%
Washington 72.9%
Bolivar 72.5%

Jackson and four black Delta counties.

Lauderdale (22/53 in), Wilkinson (0/9 in), and Hinds (all but one in) still outstanding.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »

Though others certainly act like one......

Why hasn't this purveyor of uniformly obnoxious posts been banned yet?

/s/ a guy in his 40's
CaDan
Rookie
« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

Of course, we can't stand to have those mean dissenting views in here... Much better to have an echo chamber...

This is a "democrat-'leaning'" board after all. ("Leaning" LOL!)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »

What was the Ohio issue regarding the opt-out of Obamacare? I saw it passed, which is a surprise considering how tonight has gone.

The wording of the amendment was VERY benign sounding. Almost misleadingly so IMHO. If I didn't know what the issue was really about, I would've likely voted for it too at face value. But hey, the SoS is a Republican of course.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »

Of course, we can't stand to have those mean dissenting views in here... Much better to have an echo chamber...

This is a "democrat-'leaning'" board after all. ("Leaning" LOL!)

The issue is not "dissenting" views, but rather views of ANY political stripe that are persistently expressed in an immature, hysterical, belligerent, insulting, obnoxious, and above all, annoying manner. The problem with your posts isn't that you're conservative--look around you, you may be outnumbered but you are HARDLY alone there--but rather that your posts are almost invariably the intellectual equivalent of a temper tantrum.

Put down your cross, martyr. The antipathy to you stems not from excessive conservatism, but rather insufficient maturity.

Kindly and quickly either grow up or go away.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »

New Totals:

Reeves 22,610
Houck 22,386

I think recanvassing is done now.

No several counties still out. Though unless there is a data error in Albemarle, Houck is probably screwed.

https://www.voterinfo.sbe.virginia.gov/election/DATA/2011/EB178FD6-875D-4B0D-A295-900A0482F523/Unofficial/B44542DD-B889-4D86-8569-E5907567B9E5_cr_all_dt.shtml
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:49 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2011, 11:09:41 PM by Frodo »

I believe the GOP took control of the Mississippi House with 62 seats in the bag, with one (District 3) up in the air, but last time when the Dem won 3-2, Alcorn County, which is not counted yet per AP, was carried by the Dem by about 250 votes, and with Arnold, the Pubbie, leading in Prentiss, which he lost last time by close to 3-2, he almost certainly will hold on and win, giving the GOP 63 seats per my count. In the other two seats out per the AP, I went to other sources for the results.  The local press states that the Dems won District 2 in Corninth (which has no votes shown on the AP).  The other seat the AP has out is District 83, where the Pubbie Snowden was leading, but his website has him claiming victory with 52%.

GOP margins in the Mississippi legislature will increase within the coming weeks as more conservative Democrats follow the example set by their colleagues in Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia by deciding they would rather be in the majority by switching parties.  So the final total would likely not be set until perhaps early next year.  
rbt48

« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2011, 11:22:48 PM »

I've posted my latest State Legislature breakout at http://members.cox.net/rbt48/weather/Presidential_Elections/2011_State_Legislatures_post_election.pdf and I'm showing the Mississippi House at 62R, 60D.  I suppose it could end up a 61 - 61 tie, but we'll see how the final two races end up. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »

Wow, Beshear did pretty badly in the coal counties next to WV. Any particular reason?

I'm not sure why, but I agree. All things considered, I thought Beshear underperformed.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2011, 01:24:18 AM »

What was the Ohio issue regarding the opt-out of Obamacare? I saw it passed, which is a surprise considering how tonight has gone.

The wording of the amendment was VERY benign sounding. Almost misleadingly so IMHO. If I didn't know what the issue was really about, I would've likely voted for it too at face value. But hey, the SoS is a Republican of course.

CLEVELAND, Ohio --  With more than 1.5 million votes tallied, Ohio Issue 3 is winning with more than 66 percent of voters saying "Yes" to the proposal to prevent Ohioans from being forced to participate in a health care system.

The official language says it is a proposal to "preserve the freedom of Ohioans to choose their health care."

In Cuyahoga County, the issue is passing by 105,000-71,000  according to the Ohio Secretary of State.

Issue 3 is being approved in nearly every Ohio county which has reported tallies so far -- except Lucas County, where it was failing 9,054-8,760.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »

The official language says it is a proposal to "preserve the freedom of Ohioans to choose their health care."

Yeah, that's completely meaningless.
CaDan
Rookie
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:07 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is nonsense, and you know it. When it looked like the Dems were going to hold the Virginia Senate, we had post after post cheering that development (virtually all written like a 12 year old cheering a scripted wrestling match) and mocking Republicans. Then when all of the sudden Reeves wins, its complete silence, crickets from the other side. I post a few rather mild posts from the other side, and the first response is BAN HIM BAN HIM!!!! (Kinda like BURN HER, BURN THE WITCH!)

This place has always been an echo chamber. You keep a few Romney-type Republicans around so that you can maintain the facade of impartiality and objectiveness and call yourselves "democrat-leaning," but the pattern has shown that every-time someone truly challenges the beliefs of the left on this site, there is a call for them to be banned.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2011, 09:38:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is nonsense, and you know it. When it looked like the Dems were going to hold the Virginia Senate, we had post after post cheering that development (virtually all written like a 12 year old cheering a scripted wrestling match) and mocking Republicans. Then when all of the sudden Reeves wins, its complete silence, crickets from the other side. I post a few rather mild posts from the other side, and the first response is BAN HIM BAN HIM!!!! (Kinda like BURN HER, BURN THE WITCH!)

This place has always been an echo chamber. You keep a few Romney-type Republicans around so that you can maintain the facade of impartiality and objectiveness and call yourselves "democrat-leaning," but the pattern has shown that every-time someone truly challenges the beliefs of the left on this site, there is a call for them to be banned.

Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Mark 4:18-19
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »

Aggregate vote totals.

The GOP Senate candidates appear to have gotten:

Fairfax: 44%
Prince William: 51%
Loudoun: 53%.

McDonnell got.

Fairfax: 51%
Prince William: 58%
Loudoun: 61%

So about 7% slippage.
rbt48

« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »

Aggregate vote totals.

McDonnell got.

So about 7% slippage.
I suppose this is positive news for the Obama campaign regarding his chances to carry Virginia in 2012.  Slightly off topic, I'd be curious to see the total party vote compilation for all for all 40 State Senate races.  I realize that because of the many uncontested races, the totals wouldn't tell the whole story, but it is just mind boggling that the House can be > 2 to 1 GOP and the Senate is 50-50.  Perhaps it is a stellar example of what can be accomplished through a high quality Gerrymander.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »

Aggregate vote totals.

McDonnell got.

So about 7% slippage.
I suppose this is positive news for the Obama campaign regarding his chances to carry Virginia in 2012.  Slightly off topic, I'd be curious to see the total party vote compilation for all for all 40 State Senate races.  I realize that because of the many uncontested races, the totals wouldn't tell the whole story, but it is just mind boggling that the House can be > 2 to 1 GOP and the Senate is 50-50.  Perhaps it is a stellar example of what can be accomplished through a high quality Gerrymander.

See also: The New York state legislature. When there are two competing gerrymanders (in VA, a Republican gerrymander in the House and a [rather ineffective] Democratic one in the Senate), you can get very disparate results.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:23 AM »

Yeah, that's completely meaningless.

It's also technically anti-medicare, since seniors don't have the "freedom to choose their health care" but instead must be enrolled in medicare. Good job Ohio Republicans.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »

This is nonsense, and you know it. When it looked like the Dems were going to hold the Virginia Senate, we had post after post cheering that development (virtually all written like a 12 year old cheering a scripted wrestling match) and mocking Republicans.

Inability to distinguish normal, if opinionated, conversation and infantile obnoxiousness is also a sign of mental immaturity. You've been amply exhibiting it in every way imaginable since you started posting here. Either you grow up ASAP, or, please, post somewhere else.

PS Just to make clear: this has nothing to do w/ your views or the issue at hand. In fact, if you check up the thread, you'll discover that the only comment I had made in this conversation about VA (long before you started your stream of delighted monkey screams) was to mention that I believed Republicans would likely make it in the end. Nevertheless, I find your manner of conversation extremely irritating.
rbt48

« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

Aggregate vote totals.

McDonnell got.

So about 7% slippage.

See also: The New York state legislature. When there are two competing gerrymanders (in VA, a Republican gerrymander in the House and a [rather ineffective] Democratic one in the Senate), you can get very disparate results.
I do agree.  But aside from New York and Virginia, there are no other states with as dramatic a disparity in the partisan breakout of the two state houses.  In most states, the percentage of seats held by the respective parties in the upper and lower houses are quite close to eachother.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2011, 05:45:56 PM »

Is there a final map out yet for MS?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies