2011 Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:45:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2011 Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 Election Results Thread  (Read 35939 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: November 08, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »

Here's the preliminary Ohio Issue 2 map. All but 15 counties are all the way in, but most of those 15 are mostly in. The only county I'd worry about maybe changing on this map is Delaware County. I'll update it if it does.

Interesting. The strongly No counties along the Ohio River aren't even the traditionally Democratic counties. Gallia, Meigs, Lawrence and Jackson are all traditionally Republican. Meanwhile, traditionally Democratic Counties in the area like Jefferson, Belmont and Monroe were less strongly opposed.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »

So is Jerry Lewis a RINO, or just a non-foaming Republican that Democrats tactically voted for?

The latter.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »

Aggregate vote totals.

The GOP Senate candidates appear to have gotten:

Fairfax: 44%
Prince William: 51%
Loudoun: 53%.

McDonnell got.

Fairfax: 51%
Prince William: 58%
Loudoun: 61%

So about 7% slippage.
I suppose this is positive news for the Obama campaign regarding his chances to carry Virginia in 2012.  Slightly off topic, I'd be curious to see the total party vote compilation for all for all 40 State Senate races.  I realize that because of the many uncontested races, the totals wouldn't tell the whole story, but it is just mind boggling that the House can be > 2 to 1 GOP and the Senate is 50-50.  Perhaps it is a stellar example of what can be accomplished through a high quality Gerrymander.

See also: The New York state legislature. When there are two competing gerrymanders (in VA, a Republican gerrymander in the House and a [rather ineffective] Democratic one in the Senate), you can get very disparate results.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »

Aggregate vote totals.

The GOP Senate candidates appear to have gotten:

Fairfax: 44%
Prince William: 51%
Loudoun: 53%.

McDonnell got.

Fairfax: 51%
Prince William: 58%
Loudoun: 61%

So about 7% slippage.
I suppose this is positive news for the Obama campaign regarding his chances to carry Virginia in 2012.  Slightly off topic, I'd be curious to see the total party vote compilation for all for all 40 State Senate races.  I realize that because of the many uncontested races, the totals wouldn't tell the whole story, but it is just mind boggling that the House can be > 2 to 1 GOP and the Senate is 50-50.  Perhaps it is a stellar example of what can be accomplished through a high quality Gerrymander.

See also: The New York state legislature. When there are two competing gerrymanders (in VA, a Republican gerrymander in the House and a [rather ineffective] Democratic one in the Senate), you can get very disparate results.
I do agree.  But aside from New York and Virginia, there are no other states with as dramatic a disparity in the partisan breakout of the two state houses.  In most states, the percentage of seats held by the respective parties in the upper and lower houses are quite close to eachother.

I don't think there are any other states with split-party gerrymanders, either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies