Time to turn to Newt? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:51:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Time to turn to Newt? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Time to turn to Newt?  (Read 10727 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: November 10, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »

Santorum showed in his 30 seconds of time tonight that he's clearly the most complete candidate the GOP has to offer: center-right, religious, tall, and charismatic.  It's strange that he's still being ignored.

He wouldn't win the general, but he wouldn't get totally destroyed.

Since when is he only 'center'-right?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »

I wouldn't worry -after Newt Gingrich has his month of fame before imploding like all the others before him, Phil will return to Rick Santorum before finally forcing himself

Maybe learning to read the posts would serve you well. I wouldn't "return" to Santorum since I never "left." I'm still voting for him. I've been consistent on that.

Wait, so the Christie phase just never happened, then?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:56:27 PM »

If the party of family values turns to serial cheater Newt Gingrich, say goodbye to the Republican Party.

I'm sure they were saying that after McCain was nominated. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:31:13 AM »

My fellow Republicans, I know this is not going to be easy for many of you, however, we must resign ourselves to the inevitability of a Romney Presidential candidacy.  

Perry can't name three government departments in a row he wants to cut.  How on earth can he be expected, for example, to assimilate a diversity of viewpoints put forward in a meeting of the National Security Council and make the crucial decisions expected of the leader of the free world that could involve the lives of thousands, even millions, of people?

Cain is a serial sex offender and consummate liar, and America does not need a President who is incapable of telling the truth.

Santorum, bless his heart, has withdrawn his candidacy, according to reliable sources.  He seems to have more common sense than most of this lot.

Bachmann, off to a good start, has faltered bacly, is no longer taken seriously, and is viewed mainly now as a right wing crack pot.

Paul, nice man, but his libertarian views will not attract nationwide support, and he is destined to remain in the minor leagues.

Gingrich, brilliant, but he can't even hold his campaign team together, let alone the nation.

Huntsman, will never rise above single digits.

And so I say to Republicans and Americans everywhere, let us march together boldly into the future, let us swallow our pride, let us set aside the animosities and discord that have vexed us in the past, let us embrace the Romney candidacy, I realize some not as enthusiastically as others, and let us, under the dynamic, competent, far sighted Romney leadership, build a new America, a peaceful America, a prosperous America, because Mitt Romney is truly the one prepared and the one capable, to once again restore America's greatness, and to repair the damage done to this nation during the Obama years.

Thank you for your time, and may God bless America.

1) I'm not going to take advice from someone that seems intent on anointing a candidate now vs. believing a candidate should *earn* their primary win in a few months.

2) Clearly you don't have a clue as to what things have occurred in the Gingrich campaign so why should we take you seriously on why he is disqualified from a reasonable contender.

3) How do you think its a good idea as a Romney supporter to point out why all the other candidates suck instead of pointing out why Romney offers a better alternative?

Romney's record of positive accomplishment

Like Romneycare?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies