Time to turn to Newt? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Time to turn to Newt? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Time to turn to Newt?  (Read 10747 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 10, 2011, 12:09:52 AM »

I see jmfcst is on board. Sorry for the Cain Train pun. Anyway, back to the point: is it time to turn to Newt? Perry decided to abandon his campaign tonight and Cain seems a little preoccupied these days. While I'd love to see Santorum step into the role of the "Anti Romney," Newt seems far better positioned to do so.

I can't believe it's happening but I might just have to support the guy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »

As I've said from the beginning, I'm always going to support Rick. If he's on the ballot when the Pennsylvania primary rolls around, I'll vote for him. I said this even when Christie was considering a run and we all know how badly I wanted that. That being said, Santorum isn't gaining traction so not only do I need a back up but my back up is sort of my top choice. I still think Santorum could become a force but it isn't happening right now.

Santorum showed in his 30 seconds of time tonight that he's clearly the most complete candidate the GOP has to offer: center-right, religious, tall, and charismatic.  It's strange that he's still being ignored.

He wouldn't win the general, but he wouldn't get totally destroyed.

I didn't see the debate. In fact, I don't think I've seen the last three debates. I'm glad he did well...unless you're being sarcastic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »

Not really, just I've become depressingly desperate.  Newt has some major flaws:

1) screwed up personal life
2) very arrogant
3) doesn't smile enough

if Newt stumbles, I'm contemplating kidnapping Romney and giving him a lobotomy.  And I also think Perry damaged Romney badly in the NV debate.

I'm in the same boat. There's a reason why I said, "I can't believe I'm saying this..." about turning to Newt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »

I wouldn't worry -after Newt Gingrich has his month of fame before imploding like all the others before him, Phil will return to Rick Santorum before finally forcing himself

Maybe learning to read the posts would serve you well. I wouldn't "return" to Santorum since I never "left." I'm still voting for him. I've been consistent on that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »

I wouldn't worry -after Newt Gingrich has his month of fame before imploding like all the others before him, Phil will return to Rick Santorum before finally forcing himself

Maybe learning to read the posts would serve you well. I wouldn't "return" to Santorum since I never "left." I'm still voting for him. I've been consistent on that.

Wait, so the Christie phase just never happened, then?

Roll Eyes

How many times does this have to be said? I said during the "Christie phase" that I would still vote for Santorum out of loyalty. I was never not voting for Santorum. I wanted Christie to run and would have supported him but was always going to vote for Santorum. I made this very clear on multiple occasions. I'm sorry that some people aren't great with reading comprehension.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies