Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:56:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive?  (Read 7860 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 12, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »

If you look at just the Anglo population, after Vermont (and DC but I'm not counting that), would not Massachusetts be in the hunt for the number two slot as to its liberalness/progressiveness?  Sure a few other states would be competitors (Hawaii and WA come to mind), but MA might have an edge.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

If you look at just the Anglo population, after Vermont (and DC but I'm not counting that), would not Massachusetts be in the hunt for the number two slot as to its liberalness/progressiveness?  Sure a few other states would be competitors (Hawaii and WA come to mind), but MA might have an edge.

Forgetting about the white working class, and just focusing on your class, eh? Tongue

I think the west coast is more liberal than MA, but I'm talking about social liberalism. Socal is about the same though. The bay area, Portland, Seattle and a bunch of areas of the coastal west are more liberal.

I guess I was focusing more on voting patterns. And sure some portions of some states are more liberal among Anglos obviously. But statewide overall?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:24 PM »

The thing is, is that the mainline Christian religions (and I consider Catholics mainline for this purpose), are losing adherents in droves. That is why the Catholic percentage in the US is gradually drifting down despite the huge influx of Hispanics, and even though the Catholic figure is inflated somewhat because I suspect there is a particular high percentage of CINO's (Catholics in name only). So the mainline belts in the US have a particularly rapidly growing percentage of the "unchurched."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies