Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 07:37:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash, Agamemnon Busmalis)
| | |-+  Terror Attack in Turku (Finland)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Terror Attack in Turku (Finland)  (Read 390 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 43529
Austria


Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:23:13 am »
Ignore

Some attackers have stabbed random people on the street.

At least 1 dead.

https://kurier.at/chronik/weltchronik/polizei-mehrere-menschen-in-finnland-niedergestochen/281.298.274
Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:28:28 am »
Ignore

Police has shot, wounded and apprehended one suspect. Press conference in one and a half a hour.
Logged
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 43529
Austria


Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:29:16 am »
Ignore

Police has shot, wounded and apprehended one suspect.

Good.
Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:41:00 am »
Ignore

"A man of foreign background stabbed a woman pushing a stroller in the back. He acted indiscriminately, attacked without warning." --An eyewitness interviewed by the newspaper Ilta-Sanomat
Logged
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 43529
Austria


Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:49:56 am »
Ignore

"A man of foreign background stabbed a woman pushing a stroller in the back. He acted indiscriminately, attacked without warning." --An eyewitness interviewed by the newspaper Ilta-Sanomat

Doesn't really surprise me.

These days, "a man with a foreign background" has about a 80% chance to be the perpetrator of such an act. And a 20% chance that the attacker is a Finn. Despite Finns being 98% of the population.
Logged
Ἅιδης
Hades
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 423


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:31 am »
Ignore

Police has have shot, wounded and apprehended one suspect. Press conference in one and a half a hour.

May he rot in hell! Do you think the terror attacks in Finland and Spain are connected with each other?
Logged

Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 11:04:26 am »
Ignore

10 people stabbed, of whom 2 dead. The perpetrator wounded and in custody.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:49:31 pm by Helsinkian »Logged
DavidB.
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 7622
Netherlands


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 03:01:20 am »
Ignore

Terrible. Time for politicians to learn their lessons. We knew this in 2015 already.

Anyhow, I'll start filming the new hit series "Finland Is The New Sweden" already. Car bombs, rape, and gays being beaten up are involved. Coming to your neighborhood soon! Stay tuned, don't leave this channel!

This is all so sad.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:03:20 am by DavidB. »Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 03:28:44 am »
Ignore

The police are now officially investigating this as a terrorist attack (despite the prime minister making a fool out of himself yesterday trying to convince people that it's something else). The suspect is an 18 year old citizen of Morocco. The two dead are Finnish citizens. The wounded include citizens of Sweden,  Italy and the UK (one from each).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:37:06 am by Helsinkian »Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 07:38:02 am »
Ignore

The Moroccan suspect had arrived in Finland as an asylum seeker. It seems that he targeted women: both of the dead and eight of the wounded are women. Two men were wounded when they tried to stop his rampage.
Logged
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 43529
Austria


Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 07:40:08 am »
Ignore

The Moroccan suspect had arrived in Finland as an asylum seeker. It seems that he targeted women: both of the dead and eight of the wounded are women. Two men were wounded when they tried to stop his rampage.

Disgusting.

The Finnish police should have killed him instead of wounding him by shooting him in the knee.

Now the Finnish people have to feed the guy through in prison ...

Zero tolerance for people who abuse their host country in such a despicable way.
Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 07:54:58 am »
Ignore

Unfortunately, knowing the Finnish justice system, a "life sentence" usually means about 13 years in prison, not more.
Logged
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 43529
Austria


Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 08:02:31 am »
Ignore

Unfortunately, knowing the Finnish justice system, a "life sentence" usually means about 13 years in prison, not more.

True.

And not only that: Once he has served his "life sentence" of 13 years or so for killing 2 people and wounding several others, Finland probably cannot even deport the guy back to Morocco - because of the unwillingness of North African countries to take back their people.

So, sadly these host-country abusing killers and rapists from Africa and the Middle-East will always remain a plague for our countries and our taxpayers ... Sad
Logged
Helsinkian
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 666
Finland
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 06:42:07 am »
Ignore

The Moroccan suspect had earlier arrived in Germany in 2015 where he had been classified as an illegal immigrant. After that he had decided to travel to Finland to seek asylum. Made possible by mrs Merkel and open borders. The Dublin treaty should prevent such cases but in practice Dublin wasn't enforced at the time (and now Leftists and Merkelists want to do away with it altogether).

Earlier this year Finnish police had received a tip that the suspect may have been radicalized. However, this did not lead to action in the lack of evidence.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:58:32 am by Helsinkian »Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Login with username, password and session length

Logout

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines