Israel and Palestine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:37:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel and Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Israel and Palestine  (Read 23728 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2004, 05:15:11 AM »

Which right wing nuts have voted for "Extermination of Palestinians"? And why do you have that as a category? Likewise with the category "Extermination of Israelis".

A bit tasteless.

I put "Extermination of Palestinians" as I knew that somebody would vote for it and I had to put the "Extermination of Israelis" in otherwise it would be biased, besides, someone seems to have voted for that.

Not my views, but I KNEW we would get somebody saying it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2004, 07:51:45 AM »

Which right wing nuts have voted for "Extermination of Palestinians"? And why do you have that as a category? Likewise with the category "Extermination of Israelis".

A bit tasteless.

I put "Extermination of Palestinians" as I knew that somebody would vote for it and I had to put the "Extermination of Israelis" in otherwise it would be biased, besides, someone seems to have voted for that.

Opebo... Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2004, 07:56:42 AM »

A bit tasteless.

Opebo... Wink

But there have been 5 votes for Extermination of Palestinians and 1 for Extermination of Israelis.

Who are the other 5 people?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2004, 08:07:34 AM »

A bit tasteless.

Opebo... Wink

But there have been 5 votes for Extermination of Palestinians and 1 for Extermination of Israelis.

Who are the other 5 people?

Weirdos. Tongue Jokers maybe...I don't think we have that many whacko Republicans here.
dunn

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »

my theory is that it's the JCP people do it to look Israeli supporters look bad
ShapeShifter

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2004, 12:13:44 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2004, 12:14:21 PM by ShapeShifter »

Hamas Appoints New Leader After Slaying

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040418/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians_16

Hamas secretly appointed a new Gaza Strip chief early Sunday, but refused to reveal his identity following Israel's assassination of two previous Hamas leaders in less than a month.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2004, 12:15:08 PM »

my theory is that it's the JCP people do it to look Israeli supporters look bad

I would not be surprise if it was not them because a lot of people on this forum don't like Arabs.
dunn

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2004, 12:54:16 PM »

that is suprizing really, this a left leaning forum
ShapeShifter

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »

that is suprizing really, this a left leaning forum

yes it is but we still have our few people who are not. Smiley
ShapeShifter

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2004, 05:20:50 PM »

Hamas vows '100 retaliations' for leader's assassination

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1106&ncid=1106&e=4&u=/ft/20040418/bs_ft/1079420413110
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2004, 06:48:01 PM »

I'll never support a nation that forces its children to become suicide bombers.
Amen
but they are not really a nation

Yeah I know I saw that, and I was going to edit it but got lazy, thinking you guys would get the point.

"I'll never support a culture that forces its children to become suicide bombers".

Dunn, check out Al Bushra. I know the racist Catholic Lebanese priest who started it, and he's EXTREMELY anti-semitic. They have a ridiculous here.

I am Israel - with the fourth strongest army in the world, possessing
nuclear weapons. How dare your children confront my oppression with
stones, don't you know my soldiers won't hesitate to blow their heads
off? In 17 months, I have killed 900 of you and injured 17,000,mostly
civilians, and have the mandate to continue since the international
community remains silent. Ignore, as I do, the hundreds of Israeli
soldiers who are now refusing to carry out my control over your lands
and people; their voices of conscience will not protect you.

Do you know how many Jews were killed in your terrorist attacks? How dare you brainwash your children into thinking Jews are evil. You have no right to exist.

I really don't think the West Bank has many rights to exist. Although Palestine (as in Israel/West Bank) had 500 thousand Arabs and 70 thousand Jews, the population of the Jews in the middle east was on a decline, and specifically in Israel was the population declining. The Jews suffered heavy blows from Palestinian massacres of them, and from 1900 to today Jews have been heavily persecuted in Arab nations, where in Libya today there are no more Jews. Now Jews have their own nation, and are very successful (we're in 1967 now). So naturally, many surrounding LARGER nations are jealous of the jews, but unethically they start a war against them. When the Jews defeat the Syrians, Jordanians, Iraqis, and Egyptians in one blow, the Jews give up Sinai heights (stupid on Israel's part).

So anyway, that's what I think of the current situation.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2004, 05:41:52 AM »

I'm not particularly well informed about the matter, however I tend to sympathise with Israel, even though I think some of their actions are a little unhelpful. As I see it. Israel is a democracy, which respects the civil rights of it's citizens. Palestine is not and never has been a state or a democracy. Whatsmore the Palestinian leaders actively support terrorism.
It seems quite simple to me.
I would favour the creation of a Palestinian state consisting of the west bank and gaza strip. Palestinians should renounce any claim to territory within Israel and should recognise it's right to exist as a sovereign state.  Failure to do so is surely an act of war?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2004, 09:08:14 AM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2004, 06:21:21 PM »

Irradication of Palestinoens and Isreal as the sole state, period it solves all the problems.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2004, 08:37:11 PM »

I don't understand how the Palestinians have a claim to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.  As George Will pointed out in his most recent column (http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/national/will/story/8915961p-9842337c.html), the territories are unalocated from the 1922 Palestinian mandate.

Israel keeps winning land in wars that it doesn't start, then Palestinians, the UN, and other anti-Israel organizations carp about how Israel should give back some of that land to the Palestinians.  I just don't see it that way.
dunn

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2004, 03:02:08 AM »

I don't understand how the Palestinians have a claim to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.  As George Will pointed out in his most recent column (http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/national/will/story/8915961p-9842337c.html), the territories are unalocated from the 1922 Palestinian mandate.

Israel keeps winning land in wars that it doesn't start, then Palestinians, the UN, and other anti-Israel organizations carp about how Israel should give back some of that land to the Palestinians.  I just don't see it that way.
Amen Steve, Amen George
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2004, 11:36:37 AM »

Yeah. As I always say, giving up the Sinai penninsula to Egypt was Israel's biggest mistake ever. lol. That was actually a pretty funny war, the six day war in 1967.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2004, 03:10:15 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2004, 03:23:49 PM by Gustaf »

Yeah. As I always say, giving up the Sinai penninsula to Egypt was Israel's biggest mistake ever. lol. That was actually a pretty funny war, the six day war in 1967.

I disagree, Israel got rid of Egypt as an enemy, that was pretty good.

But the six day war was a cool war, breathtaking.

EDIT: 'cool' was a bad choice of words and recognizing of course that a war is no game, something I believe that I have proven previously, I aplogize for and retake this statement.
dunn

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »

NO war is cool
trust me
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2004, 03:18:55 PM »

NO war is cool
trust me

hey, you beat me to it, I was about to say that lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2004, 03:22:18 PM »

NO war is cool
trust me

Sorry, bad choice of words. I know that war is no game of course. I've just always been fascinated by how Israel beat off their attackers so swiftly, that's all. I retake my statement and apologize for it.
dunn

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2004, 05:58:50 PM »

NO war is cool
trust me

Sorry, bad choice of words. I know that war is no game of course. I've just always been fascinated by how Israel beat off their attackers so swiftly, that's all. I retake my statement and apologize for it.
It's ok Gus , no need to apologize Smiley
it's just a bad word to describe war. And it was fascinated 6 days o/c
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2004, 06:22:27 PM »

Irradication of Palestinoens and Isreal as the sole state, period it solves all the problems.

Sure. Eradication is probably a good policy, as was shown in Europe in the 1940's.

I mean, why don't people react to these kind of comments? What would happen if someone said that the best policy was for Palestinian terrorists to blow up Israelis until there were none of them left? It's just sickening.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2004, 11:01:38 AM »

Sure. Eradication is probably a good policy, as was shown in Europe in the 1940's.

I mean, why don't people react to these kind of comments? What would happen if someone said that the best policy was for Palestinian terrorists to blow up Israelis until there were none of them left? It's just sickening.

I would have reacted, but I didn't see it before...values aren't things that one can easily discuss, if people do not accept a universal principle, like the sanctuity of human life, it's pretty hard to convince him to. One can of course state one's disagreement, which I will now: I deeply disagree with MasterJedi's 'solution', since it's barbaric and unworthy of a civilized country.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2004, 12:14:55 PM »

Gustaf, the thing is Egypt ATTACKED Israel. When Israel took over the Sinai penninsula, that should have been Israel's punishment. The Sinai penninsula is RICH with oil. Israel could have made a fortune. They could have actually benefitted from the war that Egypt, Syria, and several other muslim nations started.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies