Israel and Palestine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:37:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel and Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Israel and Palestine  (Read 23726 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2004, 12:21:57 PM »

Gustaf, the thing is Egypt ATTACKED Israel. When Israel took over the Sinai penninsula, that should have been Israel's punishment. The Sinai penninsula is RICH with oil. Israel could have made a fortune. They could have actually benefitted from the war that Egypt, Syria, and several other muslim nations started.

I actually know all of that, but I don't see it affecting my point in any way...also, Israel attacked Egypt in the Suez War.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2004, 01:41:17 PM »

The only reason why Israel attacked Egypt was because Egypt blocked it's path to the Red Sea and Egypt was harboring Palestinian militants, who attacked Israel from Egyptian territory.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2004, 01:51:05 PM »

The only reason why Israel attacked Egypt was because Egypt blocked it's path to the Red Sea and Egypt was harboring Palestinian militants, who attacked Israel from Egyptian territory.

Actually, they were asked to do so by the UK and France...the reason for the war was that the Egypt government decided to confiscate Franco-English shares of the Suez channel.
dunn

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2004, 05:43:54 PM »

He was talking about 56' not 67'
dunn

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2004, 05:44:18 PM »

Actually, they were asked to do so by the UK and France...the reason for the war was that the Egypt government decided to confiscate Franco-English shares of the Suez channel.
true
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2004, 06:19:38 PM »

true

Yay! Confirmation from Dunn! Smiley Take that Brambilla... Wink
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

Oh. Wrong war.
dunn

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2004, 02:30:56 AM »

Wink

you still know waaaaay better then most people Brambila
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2004, 01:20:48 PM »

I know very little, actually... but I'm able to see the situation and who the guilty party actually is.

A quarter of San Francisco's population is Jewish, and although there is not a whole lot of Jewish persecution here, if you drive 15 minutes north to Berkeley, you'll see that violence against pro-israeli Jews (and some not even taking a position!) is not uncommon.
dunn

« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2004, 01:28:10 PM »

I know very little, actually... but I'm able to see the situation and who the guilty party actually is.

A quarter of San Francisco's population is Jewish, and although there is not a whole lot of Jewish persecution here, if you drive 15 minutes north to Berkeley, you'll see that violence against pro-israeli Jews (and some not even taking a position!) is not uncommon.
thank you for that link
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies