Israel and Palestine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:20:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel and Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Israel and Palestine  (Read 23727 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2004, 02:21:48 PM »

are you sure it wasn't offered? I know they offered Gaza and the West Bank at one point, my friend said that they offered 45% of Israel before.

I know for a fact they offered all the land they conquered in 48 during the war with surrounding Arab nations
My friend you got all mix up.
No one will offer more then a return to 1949-1967 lines. the Arab nations invaded Israel, not an inch was taken from them until farther attacks in 56' 67' 73' (and most of it givem back). the 67' lines are the borders the un aprove, the question is the future of the west bank and Gaza. O/c many palestians want to destroy Israel

The UN proposed splitting it ISralis 55%, Palestinians 45% in the late 30s, but the Palestinians refused at htat time.
No
That was Un resolution on 29/11/1947
the jews exepct, the arabs reject, the war started, in it's end Israels border was created (49' or 67; lines)/ they are official. As the late Aba Even used to say: "the arabs never miss an oportunity to miss an oportiunity"

I seemed to remember that it was first proposed in 1937...but other than that we're not differeing.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 02:29:53 PM »

think I may have been confused with Rabin on assassination point.
dunn

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2004, 02:32:35 PM »

are you sure it wasn't offered? I know they offered Gaza and the West Bank at one point, my friend said that they offered 45% of Israel before.

I know for a fact they offered all the land they conquered in 48 during the war with surrounding Arab nations
No one will offer more then a return to 1949-1967 lines. the Arab nations invaded Israel, not an inch was taken from them until farther attacks in 56' 67' 73' (and most of it givem back). the 67' lines are the borders the un aprove, the question is the future of the west bank and Gaza. O/c many palestians want to destroy Israel

The UN proposed splitting it ISralis 55%, Palestinians 45% in the late 30s, but the Palestinians refused at htat time.
No
the jews exepct, the arabs reject, the war started, in it's end Israels border was created (49' or 67; lines)/ they are official. As the late Aba Even used to say: "the arabs never miss an oportunity to miss an oportiunity"

I seemed to remember that it was first proposed in 1937...but other than that we're not differeing.
Gus you just made post #6666
the cabinet just decided will give any member a six pack...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »

No

Gus you just made post #6666
the cabinet just decided will give any member a six pack...

LOL!

'The number of the beast' Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2004, 03:41:20 PM »

isn't that 666 rather than 6666?
dunn

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 03:42:33 PM »

yeah

6666 is just for the 6pack
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 04:11:29 PM »

Of course, but it was pretty close, nonetheless. Wink
MarkDel

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 04:42:48 PM »

There's something I find EXTREMELY confusing in this thread. On numerous occasions, I have praised both JFK and Gustaf because they seem to have so much knowledge relative to other young people. But now I have a serious question for both Gustaf and JFK...

How is it you guys know so much about the United States and European history, but absolutely nothing about Israeli/Palestininan history...as Dunn pointed out in a polite fashion earlier in this thread?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2004, 04:45:53 PM »

There's something I find EXTREMELY confusing in this thread. On numerous occasions, I have praised both JFK and Gustaf because they seem to have so much knowledge relative to other young people. But now I have a serious question for both Gustaf and JFK...

How is it you guys know so much about the United States and European history, but absolutely nothing about Israeli/Palestininan history...as Dunn pointed out in a polite fashion earlier in this thread?

What do you mean with 'absolutely nothing'? I admit that I might have been wrong on the year in which the 55-45 division plan was proposed, but I don't know what else I know 'absolutely nothing' about? I would very much like you to opint taht out, since I don't want to go around being unknowledgeable...if that's a word, lol. Wink

Seriously, I think I know most important years, etc, like all the wars and so on.
dunn

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2004, 04:46:39 PM »

I will tell you . First they do know a lot for young people , second the european and some american news organization are bias and don't give the historical facts
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 04:47:32 PM »

I will tell you . First they do know a lot for young people , second the european and some american news organization are bias and don't give the historical facts

Look at my above post. Tell me what I've been wrong on.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 04:51:31 PM »

markdel man, what have we been so wrong about?
MarkDel

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2004, 04:51:46 PM »

Gustaf,

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh, I probably should have said "know so much less" than "know nothing at all"

Your post above is an example of what I meant. I was just curious because you do seem to know so much about other issues. No disrespect at all intended.
dunn

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2004, 04:52:17 PM »

Look at my above post. Tell me what I've been wrong on.
I said you do know alot Gus
you do

MarkDel

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2004, 04:54:36 PM »

markdel man, what have we been so wrong about?

JFK,

I'm sorry, I did NOT mean it to be insulting. For example, you said Barak instead of Rabin, and Dunn had to correct you guys about the original UN partition...stuff like that.

I should have said you guys seem to know "less" about this issue than other issues...I'm sorry.

But there was a point I was getting at..one which I will now keep to myself.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2004, 04:56:02 PM »

no, please do tell Smiley, I was confused on the issue.
MarkDel

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2004, 04:56:54 PM »

Dunn, to be quite honest, your answer here is the one I was looking for. That was the point I was trying to make without really saying it...I wanted them to come to the conclusion themselves, since they are such smart young men. But I fear all I have done is stir up a hornet's nest that I did not intend to stir up!!! I actually have extremely high opinions of both of them and have said so in previous threads.
dunn

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2004, 04:59:11 PM »

Dunn, to be quite honest, your answer here is the one I was looking for. That was the point I was trying to make without really saying it...I wanted them to come to the conclusion themselves, since they are such smart young men. But I fear all I have done is stir up a hornet's nest that I did not intend to stir up!!! I actually have extremely high opinions of both of them and have said so in previous threads.

I thing you took it harder then they did....
These are fine young men and it's ok to be mistaken, In hebrew there is saying "not the shy one learns"
MarkDel

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2004, 05:00:14 PM »

no, please do tell Smiley, I was confused on the issue.

JFK,

I just read an older post by Dunn, he seems to have made my point for me...
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 05:00:28 PM »

I know the Palestinian tactics have been pretty horrendous, they attacked Israel on Yom Kippur (sp?), the holiest day in the Jewish calendar which is pretty bad. I am not quite sure what you are implying?
MarkDel

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2004, 05:06:01 PM »

I thing you took it harder then they did....
These are fine young men and it's ok to be mistaken, In hebrew there is saying "not the shy one learns"

Dunn,

Well said.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 05:07:33 PM »

the point about the media reporting? I read some info on the crisis that was supposed to be pretty impartial.
MarkDel

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2004, 05:11:03 PM by MarkDel »

I know the Palestinian tactics have been pretty horrendous, they attacked Israel on Yom Kippur (sp?), the holiest day in the Jewish calendar which is pretty bad. I am not quite sure what you are implying?

JFK,

What I was trying to "draw out" was that any lack of knowledge on the part of you and/or Gustaf was strictly a result of the anti-Israel bias that you no doubt were subjected to in your European educations...my intent was to absolve you of your lack of historical accuracy and blame the left wing anti-semites who dominate European media and/or classrooms.
dunn

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 05:09:36 PM »

well that was not the palestinians but Syria and Egypt
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 05:10:43 PM »

I am pro Israel, as I said, I probably know the most out of people in my year, one girl was arguing with me about making it solely Palestine because it is "their land" which it isn't, they sold lots of it to the Jews who then took more by force after the Arab nations attacked it, Israel never even wanted a war in the first place (or at least so I have read), I noticed that the issue of a 14 year old boy being forced to become a suicide bomber against his will was barely reported by the news, he gave himself up to Jewish soldiers, it is bloody horrendous that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies