Scott Walker recall goes live
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:54:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scott Walker recall goes live
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26
Author Topic: Scott Walker recall goes live  (Read 104518 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »
« edited: February 29, 2012, 02:56:24 PM by Nathan »

It's pretty impressive that a full 94% of people who disapprove of Walker want him recalled, and yet his disapproval is only a few points underwater.  That is one polarized electorate.

Thank you Scott Walker!

Based off of PPP, the far superior polling outfit, it looks like his negatives are going back up and Independents view him negatively at 43-55. Its going to be really close when it is all said and done. 

Lol, as if! Just a couple days ago PPP was blabbering about the Santorum surge in Michigan and polled Romney at a mere +17 in Arizona. Whoops.

Yes, their primary polling being like three or four points off during a season specifically notable for bizarre shifts in momentum at the drop of a hat is clearly indicative of fundamental unreliability, as opposed to Rasmussen, which has never exhibited consistent bias towards Republican candidates and causes, right? Right?

We can cherry-pick dropped balls all we like but the fact remains that PPP's methodology and business ethics as a polling firm, taken as a whole, beat Rasmussen's by a country mile.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »

It's pretty impressive that a full 94% of people who disapprove of Walker want him recalled, and yet his disapproval is only a few points underwater.  That is one polarized electorate.

Thank you Scott Walker!

Based off of PPP, the far superior polling outfit, it looks like his negatives are going back up and Independents view him negatively at 43-55. Its going to be really close when it is all said and done. 

Lol, as if! Just a couple days ago PPP was blabbering about the Santorum surge in Michigan and polled Romney at a mere +17 in Arizona. Whoops.

Yes, their primary polling being like three or four points off during a season specifically notable for bizarre shifts in momentum at the drop of a hat is clearly indicative of fundamental unreliability, as opposed to Rasmussen, which has never exhibited consistent bias towards Republican candidates and causes, right? Right?

We can cherry-pick dropped balls all we like but the fact remains that PPP's methodology and business ethics as a polling firm, taken as a whole, beat Rasmussen's by a country mile.

The most recent polling shows that Rasmussen has put up solid results.

Other pollsters did better than PPP in the Michigan/Arizona primaries. I wonder why some people have a problem with that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »

Thank you Scott Walker!

The most recent polling shows that Rasmussen has put up solid results.

Other pollsters did better than PPP in the Michigan/Arizona primaries. I wonder why some people have a problem with that.

The most recent polling in what races? I'm entirely willing to accept that Rasmussen might have significantly better methodology for Republican primaries, since it's a right-leaning company and PPP is a left-leaning one even though it has a very slight Republican bias in general election races.

I don't have a problem with it. I just don't see what it has to do with polling approval ratings in anticipation of a recall election in Wisconsin.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

Thank you Scott Walker!

Especially with the absentee ballots issue, Michigan was only a moderate mess-up...and polling Romney +17 in Arizona when it turned out Romney +20.5 is fine.

Of course, either way, using the last two data points (with no reason to believe they should have any different import than previous data points) is a problem in and of itself.

PPP, for instance, messed up Arizona less than anyone did (chronology issues conceded)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »

The most recent polling in what races? I'm entirely willing to accept that Rasmussen might have significantly better methodology for Republican primaries, since it's a right-leaning company and PPP is a left-leaning one even though it has a very slight Republican bias in general election races.

I don't have a problem with it. I just don't see what it has to do with polling approval ratings in anticipation of a recall election in Wisconsin.

Well, for instance, Rasmussen was Romney +16 in the Florida primary. PPP's final Florida Primary poll that I have found was Romney +8. Given how the actual results were Romney +14, it seems to be like Rasmussen was closer.

Seems to me like the best mechanism to judge polling is accuracy to actual results. Recent results are of course Republican primary results. Meanwhile, Rasmussen's results in other polls (see Kaine, Allen) have been more or less the same as everyone else's.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »

But do you understand that there are qualitative difference in general versus primary election polling and Rasmussen hasn't had immensely good general election polling for several years?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

But do you understand that there are qualitative difference in general versus primary election polling and Rasmussen hasn't had immensely good general election polling for several years?

Certainly. And soon enough we will have results. Of course in Wisconsin, numerous pollsters have shown Thompson dominating Baldwin. PPP is what you call an outlier!!!!!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2012, 04:41:18 PM by Nathan »

Certainly. And soon enough we will have results. Of course in Wisconsin, numerous pollsters have shown Thompson dominating Baldwin. PPP is what you call an outlier!!!!!

I honestly don't think PPP or Rasmussen are especially good touchstones at the moment. I can't think of a single major polling firm that is right now, so I've become a big fan of weighted averages lately. I also think the Thompson/Baldwin race might be tricky to poll as a function of how bland Thompson is, but obviously that could as easily be a problem with PPP as with the other pollsters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

It's set for June 5th.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

Tom Barrett is in.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/barrett31-mk4qdt3-145223335.html
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »

Smiley
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »

D+1
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »

So from what I understand, Barrett's a centrist type, right? Not nearly at the caliber of Feingold, but at least center-left?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

Sounds like Falk has the union support locked up, and certainly could pull off the upset here. Would rather Walker face her than Barrett, as I don't think she'd be as strong of a candidate.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »

I'm pulling for Governor Walker, he's been a pretty decent governor so far. (Not as good as Kasich or Snyder, but still pretty good.)

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »

I'm pulling for Governor Walker, he's been a pretty decent governor so far. (Not as good as Kasich or Snyder, but still pretty good.)

What? Scott Walker, a decent governor? What has he done right, at all? I can understand liking his going head to head with the unions (since you seem to be a Republican), but other than that, what good has he done?
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »

Well, FWIW (probably not much), I support Walker, too.  He tried to rein in the power of public unions and act in the interests of taxpayers. 

Further, I think recalls for differences in policies are inappropriate and laws should be changed to cease them from being an option to remove an elected official.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »

What? Scott Walker, a decent governor? What has he done right, at all? I can understand liking his going head to head with the unions (since you seem to be a Republican), but other than that, what good has he done?

He's balanced Wisconsin's budget.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 03:12:41 AM »

And at what cost?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2012, 03:25:50 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

And at what cost?
[/quote]

But come on. It doesn't matter if there's no services in that state, the budget is still clean.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »

Majority wants Walker recalled

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/52_in_wisconsin_support_recall_of_governor_walker

A new Rasmussen Reports statewide survey shows that, if the recall election was held today, 52% of Likely Voters would vote to recall Governor Walker and remove him from office. Forty-seven percent (47%) would vote against the recall and let him continue to serve as governor.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/52_in_wisconsin_support_recall_of_governor_walker

A new Rasmussen Reports statewide survey shows that, if the recall election was held today, 52% of Likely Voters would vote to recall Governor Walker and remove him from office. Forty-seven percent (47%) would vote against the recall and let him continue to serve as governor.

That's very good news, considering the source.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »

And at what cost?

Not much at all, unless you're a butthurt union.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:59 AM »

And at what cost?

Not much at all, unless you're a butthurt union.

Yes, like a lot of working people in Wisconsin.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:12 AM »

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, Scott.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies