Scott Walker recall goes live (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:42:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scott Walker recall goes live (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker recall goes live  (Read 105270 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: January 17, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »

A great day in the ongoing fight against stupidity.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »

I'm pulling for Governor Walker, he's been a pretty decent governor so far. (Not as good as Kasich or Snyder, but still pretty good.)

What? Scott Walker, a decent governor? What has he done right, at all? I can understand liking his going head to head with the unions (since you seem to be a Republican), but other than that, what good has he done?

He's balanced Wisconsin's budget.

And at what cost?

Not much at all, unless you're a butthurt union.

You do realize that the unions had already agreed to Walker's budget cuts, and only went up in arms when he restricted collective bargaining, right? Because that's what happened. It isn't the budget that's the issue.

Certainly then, the cost was not much at all, was it?

The cost came in the life and pride of the working people of Wisconsin, which is bound up in collective bargaining. Unless you're playing dumb or sincerely believe that 'cost' is a solely budgetary term.

He is not playing. He is the real deal.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »

Thank God for the Democrats that this guy just can't keep his mouth when he talks to his sugar daddies (and mommies).

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/11/walker_talked_of_divide_and_conquer_strategy.html#047869a

A video taken in early 2011 shows Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) saying he would use "divide and conquer" as a strategy against unions, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

"Walker made the comments to billionaire Diane Hendricks, who has since given $510,000 to the governor's campaign -- making her Walker's single-largest donor and the largest known donor to a candidate in state history."

"In the video, Hendricks asked the governor whether he could make Wisconsin a 'completely red state, and work on these unions, and become a right-to-work' state... Walker replied that his 'first step' would be 'to divide and conquer' through his budget-adjustment bill, which curtailed most collective bargaining for most public employee unions."

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K1S_Pxw2n-U
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

Translation:
"I prefer a mild - practical approach that I know will work in solving the state's problems."

1) The democrats and the Unions are divided, so apparently Walker is a genius.

2) Boy does Diane Hendricks look different than I thought she did. 

Apparently your translator was made in India.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies