Scott Walker recall goes live (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:14:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scott Walker recall goes live (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker recall goes live  (Read 105537 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:55:39 PM »

Anybody wanna bet this ends up a lot closer than the polls are showing it to be?

Yes, a Barrett victory is still a major possibility at this point. He's had significant momentum over the past week and a major GOTV effort is out in full force in MKE and Madison.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »

I'm guessing that Barrett will lead the last day or two of polling and that the poll in sum will be tied. Based off of typical Jensen wordplay I bet PPP will have been in the field for 3 days and Walker only led the first day.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I find it difficult to believe that most polls thus far have shown a turnout model even more favorable to Republicans than 2010 when early voting and the rate of absentee ballots being requested suggests turnout levels approaching 2008 levels.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:51:39 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 01:44:26 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I'm changing my prediction to Walker by .5

edit: I changed it again for the last time.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »

At about 1:10pm I was the 356 voter at Madison School Board Offices, which is right next to the Kohl Center just off campus in downtown Madison. Unless people are planning on voting later tonight, this seems to be the effect of having the election during the summer and not during the school year.

Woah, that is atrocious turnout. How many students stick around for the summer?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »

Also, John King on CNN just said 37% of recall EARLY exit poll voters strongly support limiting collective bargaining rights (50% total support), and 38% strongly oppose it (48% total opposition).

Saw that earlier. That should indicate a 50-50 race or close to it, assuming those numbers actually hold up (or at least you'd think it would).

You would think that, although the exit poll stat I saw showing 60% of recall voters only think elected officials should be recalled in the event of misconduct would mean that a decent portion of those people who oppose limiting collective bargaining, also oppose the recall.

Many of those 60% believe that Walker misused his office and broke the law.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:27 PM »

have reports from polling locations on Milwaukee's South, North, East sides, and downtown and didn't have any lines/wait.

Where are you getting that from?

His arse, everything I've read says that turnout is record breaking there: 200 new voters registered at one heavily Latino ward in central Milwaukee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies