Department of Education to tighten Pell Grant eligibility (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:55:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Department of Education to tighten Pell Grant eligibility (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this a good idea?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Department of Education to tighten Pell Grant eligibility  (Read 3831 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: December 26, 2004, 03:32:01 AM »

What a chickensh**t thing to do, and then to pretend that they HAD to do it.  This is fundamentally dishonest.

Perhaps they could cut the subsidies to Archer Daniels Midland or tax breaks for Texaco to save money instead.

When society makes it necessary to get a college education to succeed, the government had ought to make sure that every citizen has access to said education.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 02:37:34 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2004, 04:57:55 PM by John Ford »

In a society where a college degree is becoming more and more necessary, the government should ensure that everyone has financial access to college.
Or alternatively you could actually pay for the services you get... you know, pay the university fees yourself?  Society owes you nothing.

We have the obligation to create of a society where the poor do not become a permanent underclass that can never get educated.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 04:59:10 PM »

In a society where a college degree is becoming more and more necessary, the government should ensure that everyone has financial access to college.
Or alternatively you could actually pay for the services you get... you know, pay the university fees yourself?  Society owes you nothing.

We the creation of a society where the poor do not become a permanent underclass that can never get educated.
I have no idea what you just said, and English is my fourth language.  Try again.

Computer issue.  I edited it.  I'm using one of those laptops that have the touchpad for the mouse so the words wound up out of order.  Sometimes that happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies