Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:22:52 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 84217 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 06, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »
Ignore

What's a prayer plan?
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 06, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »
Ignore

What's a prayer plan?

And what major endeavor?
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 06, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »
Ignore

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

Christmas isn't for more than 6 months...

I see you're new to these threads.
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 06, 2012, 10:36:39 pm »
Ignore

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

Christmas isn't for more than 6 months...

I see you're new to these threads.

I've noticed it for awhile, but I'm still in disbelief that this is really how a real person lives their life.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:52 am »
Ignore

What's a prayer plan?

Tricking yourself into believing God is talking to you??

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: May 07, 2012, 05:33:05 am »
Ignore

What's a prayer plan?

And what major endeavor?

And what's a Downtown, Oklahoma City?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 07, 2012, 12:23:19 pm »
Ignore

What's a prayer plan?

And what major endeavor?

And what's a Downtown, Oklahoma City?

A prayer plan is figuring out specifically what to pray for.

A major endeavor is moving to Kenya.

A Downtown, Oklahoma City is Downtown Oklahoma City except with a comma in the wrong spot.  Yes, believe it or not, Oklahoma City does have a pretty big downtown area.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 07, 2012, 08:10:00 pm »
Ignore

Good Monday Evening! I had a wonderful meeting with the founder of Maisha, Beatrice, this afternoon and she gave me some challenges and stuff to pray for and start doing! She said (1) they are working on funding for a volunteer housing center near the orphanage, (2) there is a family who is starting to save up to move down there for 2 years to adopt a child, (3) She encouraged me in late 2013 or early 2014 to go down there for a month or so to get a feel and assess what life would be like down there without the comfort of a team with me, (4) encouraged me to start interning with them in my spare time researching links for grants to fund the volunteer house, as well as projects in the slums, (5) start researching housing down there, such as renting a house or an apartment in Kisumu, and (6) not sell everything in America because I may want to come back every now and then to visit, (7) research missionary funding for 1, 2, 3, and 5 year terms. She wants me to continue to communicate with her as I have questions and as she thinks of something that might be useful. She wants to see me in a couple weeks before she leaves for Kenya on June 3 for two months.  She also wants me to still email her while she's down there so if I have questions or want her to check on something, she can do it in person.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:32 am »
Ignore

That's surprisingly good advice actually, particularly the part about spending an extended time there on your own.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:00 am »
Ignore

She said (1) they are working on funding for a volunteer housing center near the orphanage, (2) there is a family who is starting to save up to move down there for 2 years to adopt a child,

Hopefully, they do their homework on this.  No idea if Kenya has these same issues, but this is quite the eye opening report on adoption in Ethiopia:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304811304577368243366708110.html

The experience recounted by Mel's biological father, Mathewos Delebo, shows many of the complexities. Mr. Delebo, a 38-year-old farmer, acknowledges freely giving up his youngest child for adoption. Earlier this year, in the mud-hut village of Le-barfeta in southeastern Ethiopia where he lives, he described why he did it.

Four years ago, he claimed, a strangeróa middleman in the adoption tradeócame to his village and persuaded him to give up a child with the promise that she would grow up and send money to support him. "White people are taking children of the poor and helping them get a better life," Mr. Delebo said he was told. "It will be good for you."

Mr. Delebo claimed he didn't understand that he was giving up Mel for good, and thought that she would send money home. Mr. Delebo doesn't recall the middleman's name and hasn't seen him for years.
A U.S. investigation of Ethiopian adoptions in 2009 and 2010 found inaccurate adoptee paperwork and orphanages using financial incentives to recruit children. The U.S. embassy found anecdotal evidence that scouts purporting to be state health workers weighed infants, then took them away from their parents on the pretext that the children weren't receiving adequate care. Ethiopian families often are solicited with promises that a relinquished child will become affluent and provide for the family left behind, said Ms. Jacobs, the U.S. adoption chief.

Basically, there's something of a culture clash of expectations here, with the concepts of Western adoption being foreign to these families, they don't quite understand that putting their kids up for adoption means that you're likely permanently severing existing family ties.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:46 am »
Ignore

That's surprisingly good advice actually, particularly the part about spending an extended time there on your own.

I was delighted when she mentioned that.  I just have to figure out how to make that happen at work and she mentioned trying to get an overseas community service outing coupled with my 2 weeks vacation, I could go down there for 3 1/2 - 4 weeks and come back and not miss anything.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:08 am »
Ignore

Good Monday Evening! I had a wonderful meeting with the founder of Maisha, Beatrice, this afternoon and she gave me some challenges and stuff to pray for and start doing! She said (1) they are working on funding for a volunteer housing center near the orphanage, (2) there is a family who is starting to save up to move down there for 2 years to adopt a child, (3) She encouraged me in late 2013 or early 2014 to go down there for a month or so to get a feel and assess what life would be like down there without the comfort of a team with me, (4) encouraged me to start interning with them in my spare time researching links for grants to fund the volunteer house, as well as projects in the slums, (5) start researching housing down there, such as renting a house or an apartment in Kisumu, and (6) not sell everything in America because I may want to come back every now and then to visit, (7) research missionary funding for 1, 2, 3, and 5 year terms. She wants me to continue to communicate with her as I have questions and as she thinks of something that might be useful. She wants to see me in a couple weeks before she leaves for Kenya on June 3 for two months.  She also wants me to still email her while she's down there so if I have questions or want her to check on something, she can do it in person.

sound advice, for a change.  i take it she doesn't go to your church.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:15 am »
Ignore

No, she doesn't.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:02 am »
Ignore

No, she doesn't.

Did you delete her from your FB page for giving reasonable advice?
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:37 am »
Ignore

No, she doesn't.

Nope

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 10, 2012, 10:35:10 pm »
Ignore

No, she doesn't.

Nope

The more I think about the advice I was given, the more I smile.  I really think her advice is very sound and very doable.  I am going to get started with the research of the links this coming Monday, 14 May 2012 and will also start putting a timeline to the game plan.  The way I'm thinking right now, I would like to try to go to Kenya for 4-6 weeks in March 2014.  What I'm thinking is when the team goes in March 2014, I will just stay there for an extra 3-4 weeks before coming home sometime in the middle of April.  I will then try to move down there for at least two or three years in the summer 2015 and come home in time for the 2018 mid-term elections.  What I would like to do, really, is starting in the Summer 2015 is go down there for 2-3 years, come home for 1 year, go back down there another 2-3 years, come back home for a year, and keep repeating the cycle for 20-30 years and then maybe come back home to Oklahoma for good sometime in my late 50s or early 60s (somewhere around 2040, give or take a few years).  I'm just throwing out what I would like to do.  I don't know if this is God's will or not, yet, I'm just throwing this out there as something I would like to do.  All I know right now is that I'm supposed to go down there.  What I don't know is the exact timing.  It is very likely that I won't know the timing until I move along through the years.  I will have a game plan, but the game plan may very well change.  Many times, God only shows His children one step at a time so we don't see the whole picture and possibly get scared and turn back when we see how daunting the road ahead looks.

WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 14, 2012, 06:07:31 pm »
Ignore

so bushie has come to the realization that he doesnt have african children?

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 14, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »
Ignore

I'm thinking it is possible. I'm missing my bushie fix ever since I got the big delete.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
Ignore

Not hardly.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 14, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »
Ignore

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:48 am »
Ignore

I wasn't aware that God is in the money printing business.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 15, 2012, 03:28:29 am »
Ignore

I wasn't aware that God is in the money printing business.

God is a devoted Keynesian.  By all rights, opebo should be his biggest fan.

Insula Dei
belgiansocialist
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 15, 2012, 04:51:16 am »
Ignore

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

Does this happen outside of movies?

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:02 am »
Ignore

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 15, 2012, 07:02:17 am »
Ignore

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

This is true. Only good things can come from this.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout