As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 315237 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: July 04, 2012, 12:41:58 AM »
« edited: July 04, 2012, 12:47:45 AM by fezzyfestoon »

And the most important advice of all: drink whiskey over beer. It'll go far in helping you burn off those excess calories!

Amen

Really, this is something I and many others on the forum are passionate about. We could give you all kinds of advice until our fingers start to bleed. The only real thing that makes a difference is that passion. If you really want it, you'll find what works for you and your lifestyle. You're gonna have to make concessions, but if you're serious you can formulate a new diet, exercise regiment, and attitude about your health. The important thing is to be flexible and not stick adamantly to rules. That's just a setup for failure. Fool around with different tactics and try new things constantly. Getting healthy doesn't mean starving yourself and working your body to the breaking point every day. It's about changing your life permanently to make your tastes and activities work for you.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1626 on: July 04, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »

off topic:  bushie is the 'hobby lobby' a christian establishment?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1627 on: July 04, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »

Yes.  It is even closed on Sundays to allow employees time for family and worship.  It says that on the door of each store.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1628 on: July 04, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Every December they take out a full page ad in the local paper (I presume in many papers; it'd be really weird if it were only in Memphis) reminding people to remember the reason for the season. I'm not at all an arts and crafts kind of person, but if I were, I would definately go to Michael's. I don't need retailers telling me what religion to be.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1629 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »

Every December they take out a full page ad in the local paper (I presume in many papers; it'd be really weird if it were only in Memphis) reminding people to remember the reason for the season. I'm not at all an arts and crafts kind of person, but if I were, I would definately go to Michael's. I don't need retailers telling me what religion to be.

That happens in OKC, too.  To me, it's kind of refreshing to see companies standing up for what is right.  They are just expressing their beliefs as a Company, not shoving it down anybody's throats.  Because, contrary to popular opinion, just telling some about Christ is not the same thing as shoving it down their throats.  Not saying that's what you were getting out, but I still had to mention it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1630 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »

It is 22:30 Wednesday Night.  In 90 minutes, I will officially kick off the 2012 Christmas Season by watching the Muppet Christmas Carol.  That's the best way to watch The Christmas Carol.  Patrick Stewart doesn't do it right because he doesn't make us laugh throughout the movie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1631 on: July 04, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »

Christmas 2012 is here!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1632 on: July 05, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »

It is 22:30 Wednesday Night.  In 90 minutes, I will officially kick off the 2012 Christmas Season by watching the Muppet Christmas Carol.  That's the best way to watch The Christmas Carol.  Patrick Stewart doesn't do it right because he doesn't make us laugh throughout the movie.

wtf?

it is bad enough that you are 'kicking off' the christmas season on july 4.  it is even worse that you are watching the muppets.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1633 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »

Stop being a Scrooge, Walter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1634 on: July 05, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »

wtf?

it is bad enough that you are 'kicking off' the christmas season on july 4.  it is even worse that you are watching the muppets.

Hey, now, the Muppets are an American Institution.  There is nothing wrong with them other than they might be too clean.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1635 on: July 06, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »

Today is my final day of classroom training and subsequently, my final 15:30-00:30 shift.  Next week, I will be working 14:15-23:15 for "Nesting" which is essentially phone training.  I will begin my full schedule on Sunday, 15 July 2012.  I submitted by preferences for the shift yesterday, and will find out the results either today or Monday.  This shift will remain in place through the 3rd quarter (through September).

The only way the shift will change again before the end of the 3rd quarter is if i get promoted.  My manager is already looking at my class for new supervisors, training, quality analysts, etc.  They will probably be promoting some of us before the end of July.  If I get promoted, I will no longer be taking calls.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1636 on: July 08, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »

do not take a sick day anytime soon!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1637 on: July 08, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »

Well, technically, I can't until I get past my 90 days which will be 18 September, so I'm good there, not that I planned on it anyway!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1638 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:55 PM »

Well, technically, I can't until I get past my 90 days which will be 18 September, so I'm good there, not that I planned on it anyway!

So what happens if people really get sick during the first 90 days?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1639 on: July 08, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »

They make exceptions.  They're humans, too, and they understand life happens and there is nothing you can do about it sometimes.  As a general rule you're supposed to minimize sick days as much as possible within the first 90 days and definitely take no vacation days in that time span, unless you have already cleared it with Personnel and with your Manager.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1640 on: July 10, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

Torie, the poor guy goes to an effing Indian reservation to see the Medicine Man....knock off this talk of shakes and gyms.

Push away from the table.......all will be well.  And avoid your parents food and all fast food and IHOP
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1641 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »

"Us"?  Please tell me you don't subject another human being to this ludicrous routine.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1642 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2012, 04:00:05 PM by memphis »

Employers have no obligation to give time off for minor illnesses or for new employees. Employees are only entitled to (unpaid) time off if
1. The company has 50 or more employees within a 75 mile radius of the worksite.
AND
2. The employee has worked there for 12 months and has worked at least 1250 hours.
AND
3. The employee is seriously ill or needs the time to care for an immediate family member who is seriously ill or a new baby.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1643 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

Employers have no obligation to give time off for minor illnesses or for new employees. Employees are only entitled to (unpaid) time off if
1. The company has 50 or more employees within a 75 mile radius of the worksite.
AND
2. The employee has worked there for 12 months and has worked at least 1250 hours.
AND
3. The employee is seriously ill or needs the time to care for an immediate family member who is seriously ill or a new baby.

Why are things so f**ked up in the US....? I'm sorry....but wow.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1644 on: July 10, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »

The people accept to be slaves, Franzl.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1645 on: July 10, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Usually, new employees have to be at a company 6 months before they can start taking paid sick time.  Before that, it's unpaid, and usually frowned upon if you take any time off within the first 90 days of employment. Of course, if you're really sick, than your sick and you don't go in.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1646 on: July 10, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »

Usually, new employees have to be at a company 6 months before they can start taking paid sick time.  Before that, it's unpaid, and usually frowned upon if you take any time off within the first 90 days of employment. Of course, if you're really sick, than your sick and you don't go in.

I'm used to unlimited PAID "sick time" based on it being determined medically necessary by a doctor. Whether you've worked somewhere for 30 days or 1 year, doesn't really affect whether you're too sick to work or not...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1647 on: July 10, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »

I'm used to unlimited PAID "sick time" based on it being determined medically necessary by a doctor. Whether you've worked somewhere for 30 days or 1 year, doesn't really affect whether you're too sick to work or not...
Wouldn't work here. Poors don't frequently see doctors.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1648 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

AND
AND

Yeah, that threw me. That's very Ayn Rand.

Also, everyone, I'm new to this thread... why is Bushie "beginning the Christmas season" when it's the middle of July? Huh
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1649 on: July 10, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »

Ban Oakvale for asking one of the dumbest and most insulting questions ever.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies