As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:45:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 315249 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »

Ban Oakvale for not reading this entire thread. It should be a requirement now, not a choice.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1651 on: July 10, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

I will accept my approaching permaban with good grace and humility.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1652 on: July 10, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »

Ban Oakvale for not reading this entire thread. It should be a requirement now, not a choice.

It's only 1,654 posts long, shouldn't take more than 5 hours. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1653 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »

I have finished two days on the phones and my confidence is growing by leaps and bounds already!  Of course, having worked in a call center environment for 2 years eliminates a lot of the curveballs that are thrown to newbie call center reps.

I also got my new work schedule that will begin this Sunday, 15 July 2012 - I will be working 13:15-22:15 Saturday-Wednesday with Thursday and Friday off.  This is a fantastic shift and the shift I asked for because it still allows me to go to church on Sunday morning, as long as I leave promptly when the service is over at noon.  Second, it allows me to go to our bi-weekly men's meeting every other Thursday evenings and our weekly Bible Study on Friday evenings.  The only thing I lose is Wednesday Evening Worship.  No biggie there.  I will lose football Saturdays and Sundays, but I signed up for NFL Rewind on NFL.com and it will automatically renew on 1 August and allow me to rewatch every game, or the games that interest me most.  I'll just have to put the college football games on DVR.  The schedule will likely change again in September or October or if I'm promoted before then.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1654 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »

I will accept my approaching permaban with good grace and humility.

You should. This thread isn't just any thread on this forum. It is a legend. Countless forumites have told their families about BushKE over dinner and during cocktail parties, only to be met with praise and goodwill for their courage to spread The Good Word. By failing to read this entire thread, you are doing a disservice to yourself and to all of us who have read it. While it may not be a big deal to you right now, it will be when you're old and gray, trying to conjure up stories to tell your grandkids who already think you're too friendly and boring. You might not believe me now, but do yourself and your future offspring a favor and spend the next few hours reading this thread. You will thank me and everyone else here a million times in the future.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1655 on: July 11, 2012, 06:06:12 AM »

But this thread is only a fraction of the story.  Before this, there were several other updates, an "I have a new job" thread, a BushOK blog, etc.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1656 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »

There have been times that I go back and re-read the Update thread and Have a new job thread. It's a lot of fun.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1657 on: July 11, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »

But this thread is only a fraction of the story.  Before this, there were several other updates, an "I have a new job" thread, a BushOK blog, etc.

That is true, there are at least 3 other mega-threads before preceding this one.  One just has to do a little digging to find them!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1658 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »

Is it weird that I have them all saved?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1659 on: July 11, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »

No. I have them all saved as well. Any good American would.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1660 on: July 11, 2012, 06:51:12 PM »

Did he get another woman yet?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1661 on: July 11, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »

No. I think if he gets a woman it will make me as happy as finding another woman of my own. It will give just as many gifts.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1662 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »

He is saving himself for a nice Kenyan girl.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1663 on: July 11, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »

He is now an Indian chief so his interests are a little closer to home...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1664 on: July 12, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »

He is now an Indian chief so his interests are a little closer to home...

Ah yes! I forgot about this. Could get more intersting now.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1665 on: July 12, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »

Bushie, back to the exercise thing..

If you can't afford a gym, one thing you can simply due is get a set of dumbbells for $20 or so and work out with that.

Also as was mentioned jogging and even walking is extremely good.  Its something I have started to take up a bit more myself.  Last few weeks I have gone into Manhattan once a week or so simply to enjoy the day and walk around.

Last Sunday I walked ll the way from Penn Station (34th and 7th) to the North Meadow in Central Park (near 5th and 98th) and back, and up and down some parts of 5th and 7th avenue several times as well as around Central Park several times.  I easily walked 10 miles with temps in the low to mid 90's and it actually felt great. 

Now I don't expect you to do something like that, but even walking round much smaller distances are good for you.  Granted walking around OKC s never gong to compare to Manhattan, but you can likely find somewhere, and if you don't want to deal with the head, something indoors.  I work real close to a large mall, and often get lunch in the mall.  After I et since I still have some time I will walk around for a bit. 

Something like that is also a good replacement if you don't want to go jogging in the heat, but want to get some exercise in and stay cool, which is something I have done also.  A real hot day, might not feel like jogging so will just walk around for a bit after work.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1666 on: July 13, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »

Good Friday Morning! Thursday evening at work, I received a HUGE promise from my employer based on what I have dealt with for the past two years. They promised me that neither Xerox nor Apple will let me go unless my attendance goes down the toilet. Even if I perform terribly, they have promised to do everything they can to coach me in the right direction. I have NEVER received that promise from ANY employer in the 13 years I've been in the work force (starting from my first job at KFC in May 1999). I don't know what to make of it, yet. I really do enjoy what I do. It doesn't pay much, but it pays in other ways besides monetary. I have one more day of nesting this evening and then I will get Saturday off before I go into work on Sunday at 1:15 pm. They are holding themselves to a very high standard and I'm going to take them at their word, because that's all I can do. I've switched between jobs way too much and now that I'm 9 months from 31 years old, I need to settle down in one spot and ride it out! I'm getting close to mid-life years and I cannot afford to keep hopping from job to job. I'm going to stay put. They have given me a promise that they will not let me go as long as I go to work everyday. I will return the favor with a promise of my own that I will not leave them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1667 on: July 13, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »

My friend, are you sure you didn't pass your "mid life years" about five years ago?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1668 on: July 13, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »

Good Friday Morning! Thursday evening at work, I received a HUGE promise from my employer based on what I have dealt with for the past two years. They promised me that neither Xerox nor Apple will let me go unless my attendance goes down the toilet. Even if I perform terribly, they have promised to do everything they can to coach me in the right direction. I have NEVER received that promise from ANY employer in the 13 years I've been in the work force (starting from my first job at KFC in May 1999). I don't know what to make of it, yet. I really do enjoy what I do. It doesn't pay much, but it pays in other ways besides monetary. I have one more day of nesting this evening and then I will get Saturday off before I go into work on Sunday at 1:15 pm. They are holding themselves to a very high standard and I'm going to take them at their word, because that's all I can do. I've switched between jobs way too much and now that I'm 9 months from 31 years old, I need to settle down in one spot and ride it out! I'm getting close to mid-life years and I cannot afford to keep hopping from job to job. I'm going to stay put. They have given me a promise that they will not let me go as long as I go to work everyday. I will return the favor with a promise of my own that I will not leave them.

As always, did you get this promise in writing? Because If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1669 on: July 13, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

My friend, are you sure you didn't pass your "mid life years" about five years ago?

That's true, no one knows exactly when their mid-life years are, but I'm basing it on the life expectancy which is ~80 years.  To me, based on 80 year life expectancy, the mid-life years are from 35-45.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1670 on: July 13, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

That's true, no one knows exactly when their mid-life years are, but I'm basing it on the life expectancy which is ~80 years.  To me, based on 80 year life expectancy, the mid-life years are from 35-45.

yeah but Kenya life expectancy is probably half that (and Oklahoma 2/3 of it).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1671 on: July 13, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

yeah but Kenya life expectancy is probably half that (and Oklahoma 2/3 of it).

Its true, Kenya's life expetancy is roughly 50-55.  Oklahoma is >75.

The reason people die so young in Kenya, of course, is due to HIV/AIDs and Malaria.

When I go down there, having had a little bit of experience four months ago, I will take proper precautions.  I fully realize that despite all the precautions I can take, I could still die younger than I would if I lived in America the rest of my life.  Since I am a believer in Christ, I don't have to worry about what happens when I pass from this life.  The Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

I have been starting to research employment and housing in both Kisumu and Nairobi and the best way to get between the two cities, whether by air, train, bus, or car.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1672 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »

No glove, no love, even though wrapping that thing sucks so bad, you have no idea. So when you're in the moment with your Kenyan honey, don't forget my advice if you want to live longer than 50 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1673 on: July 13, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

I just received a MAJOR blessing.  My move to Kenya may have just gotten a lot easier!  One of my very good friends has offered to help pay for the big move in 2 1/2 years.  In the medium term, everybody knows my 2013 trip to Kenya is paid for, but my 2014 "testing" period of Kenya may be paid for within the next several months!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1674 on: July 13, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »

Get these all in writing.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length