As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 311796 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

BushKE is going to nail his supervisor so hard when he gets to Utah that he will have a job for the next decade. I have the utmost confidence in him going forward.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2001 on: August 08, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2012, 10:23:45 PM by Torie »

Jeff, I have a suggestion for you. Don't get a new drivers License, tags and all that before you start working. I've lived by the 3 month rule. You are normally given a 3 month grace period on it, and that way you should be stable at that point. If something happens and you're out of a job before that, and you have to move back to Oklahoma, you wont be out the money for changing them back and forth.

Of course, that's what I've been doing with all my moves this year.

Utah gives me 60 days to change things over, but I want to go ahead and do it if for nothing else so I can register to vote in Utah.  I'll probably do it in early September.

And if the job doesn't work out, you don't mind dropping all of that money into changing all of that?

That's another reason I'm going to fly up there next week to test the waters and make absolutely sure everything is guaranteed and set in stone before we drop tons of money on the movers, the apartment, and the car tag and title.

Do you have a job offer in writing?  Yes, to me, the job you got seems too good to be true, given all the circumstances. Why on God's green earth would they have hired you, with your resume, when jobs like you got have hordes of folks willing to "die for" to get?  How can you train others, when you barely know how to do the job yourself, as you have admitted, with your mental and concentration challenges and all? Very odd.

And if it turns out it is not real, you should shut this thread down. Really.  Of course, I hope it is real, and this fable has a very happy ending. Of course. But I was born, raised, and trained as a rather ruthless skeptic. That is probably a character flaw, but that's me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2002 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »

BushKE is going to nail his supervisor so hard when he gets to Utah that he will have a job for the next decade. I have the utmost confidence in him going forward.

If he doesn't, I'll lock him in a room with Jamespol and Texaslefty for an entire week. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2003 on: August 08, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

Jeff, I have a suggestion for you. Don't get a new drivers License, tags and all that before you start working. I've lived by the 3 month rule. You are normally given a 3 month grace period on it, and that way you should be stable at that point. If something happens and you're out of a job before that, and you have to move back to Oklahoma, you wont be out the money for changing them back and forth.

Of course, that's what I've been doing with all my moves this year.

Utah gives me 60 days to change things over, but I want to go ahead and do it if for nothing else so I can register to vote in Utah.  I'll probably do it in early September.

And if the job doesn't work out, you don't mind dropping all of that money into changing all of that?

That's another reason I'm going to fly up there next week to test the waters and make absolutely sure everything is guaranteed and set in stone before we drop tons of money on the movers, the apartment, and the car tag and title.

Do you have a job offer in writing?  Yes, to me, the job you got seems too good to be true, given all the circumstances. Why on God's green earth would they have hired you, with your resume, when jobs like you got have hordes of folks willing to "die for" to get?  How can you train others, when you barely know how to do the job yourself, as you have admitted, with your mental and concentration challenges and all? Very odd.

And if it turns out it is not real, you should shut this thread down. Really.  Of course, I hope it is real, and this fable has a very happy ending. Of course. But I was born, raised, and trained as a rather ruthless skeptic. That is probably a character flaw, but that's me.

Yes, I do have job offer in writing.  As far as why they would hire me over a huge pool of other candidates?  I do not know.  It is purely by the grace of God that I've been given this promotion and this opportunity.  Though it means I will have to leave all my family and friends behind, I know His hand will guide me every step of the way.  It's a lot of sacrifice to move up there.  I am 100% confident that I will be living up there and on my own before the end of August.  I am just doing the responsible thing and flying up there first next week, on my dime, and meeting with my manager first and then leasing the apartment.  Normally, the company should pay for meetings like this, but I wanted to pay it myself as I'm not going to book the plane ticket back to Oklahoma until I have leased the apartment.  I don't want to get all the way up there with my household goods in the movers truck and find out that for some odd reason everything fell through.  Doing it this way, if things collapse, I will just be out a plane ticket/rental car/hotel and the mover's deposit.  I have faith, but I'm also using common sense.  My father is actually the one that came up with this idea on Wednesday afternoon.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2004 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:19 AM »

After 134 pages, I'm still trying (and failing) to locate even the slightest sign of a rational thought here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2005 on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:18 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2012, 02:35:39 PM by Eraserhead »

So why is it falling through? Why do they think you're "backing out"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2006 on: August 09, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »

So why is it falling through? Why do they thin you're "backing out"?

You are not listening.  The job is not falling through and they don't think I'm backing out.  He just wants to make absolutely sure that I haven't backed out.  He doesn't think I will, but he wants to make sure.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2007 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »

But...you're going to spend all this money to introduce yourself? If he wants to meet face to face next week, the company should be paying it, not you.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2008 on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »

It is purely by the grace of God that I've been given this promotion and this opportunity.  Though it means I will have to leave all my family and friends behind, I know His hand will guide me every step of the way.  It's a lot of sacrifice to move up there.  I am 100% confident that I will be living up there and on my own before the end of August.

If I were religious, this is the point where I'd start to pray for you and that you come out of this ok.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2009 on: August 09, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2012, 07:59:55 PM by Eraserhead »

This saga may end up taking one of its darkest turns yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2010 on: August 09, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »

Simfan called it!  Xerox called me today and canceled on me.  I am staying in Oklahoma.  I will still be looking in SLC, but for now I am staying in OKC.  I am changing my direction away from call centers.  I am looking at vo-techs now to get additional training in another field.  I'll be alright.  I'm bummed, of course, but its probably for the best.  At least he told me now before I moved up there and coughed up $3000 for movers and rent.  The only thing I lose is the $300 movers deposit, but it can be used if I need to use it again.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2011 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »

And I would like to see a screen shot of the written job offer that you allege exists, Jeff, which was now allegedly suddenly out-of-the-blue for no apparent reason been rescinded. What I wonder is just how much you post here is your real world, and how much is your fantasy world, and just how much you can discern the difference between the two.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2012 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2012, 03:38:28 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

Do you still have your OK job, Bushie?  And what reason did he give for un-offering the job?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2013 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »

so this was really an mlm scam that jamespol and texasindy were recruiting you for?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2014 on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:04 PM »

Well at least by staying in OK you'll be surrounded by your religious brethren still.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2015 on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »

Do you still have your OK job, Bushie?

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Torie,

I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore.  Like I said, though, I'm still looking in Salt Lake City, but I'm not in any hurry out there.  I have, though, learned my lesson and will stay away from call centers.  They are unstable critters and I have been going round and round with them and always end up in the same spot.  I want off the call center merry go-round!!  I'm not going to let desperation get the best of me this time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2016 on: August 09, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »

The story is getting a little stale again. Too predictable. I think we need another engagement...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2017 on: August 09, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »

Do you still have your OK job, Bushie?

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Torie,

I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore.  Like I said, though, I'm still looking in Salt Lake City, but I'm not in any hurry out there.  I have, though, learned my lesson and will stay away from call centers.  They are unstable critters and I have been going round and round with them and always end up in the same spot.  I want off the call center merry go-round!!  I'm not going to let desperation get the best of me this time.

You spoliated the evidence Jeff?  Naughty!  When did you shred it?  Isn't it still in the dust bin, since you just found out?  Why don't you go and retrieve it?  
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2018 on: August 09, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »

bushie if you had a written job offer, on what grounds did they rescind it?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2019 on: August 09, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »

Can you get food stamps?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2020 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »

What I wonder is just how much you post here is your real world, and how much is your fantasy world, and just how much you can discern the difference between the two.

Embrace cynicism!:

My default assumption for everyone I meet on the internet is that they're compulsive liars, and nothing they say about themselves is real.  So no, I don't believe much of what Bushie says about himself, nor what most other folks on the interwebs say about themselves, but that's OK.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2021 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

What I wonder is just how much you post here is your real world, and how much is your fantasy world, and just how much you can discern the difference between the two.

Embrace cynicism!:

My default assumption for everyone I meet on the internet is that they're compulsive liars, and nothing they say about themselves is real.  So no, I don't believe much of what Bushie says about himself, nor what most other folks on the interwebs say about themselves, but that's OK.

You may have a point. However the really frightening thing is that everything I post about myself is in fact real. Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2022 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »

Did Simfan really call it? Or did everyone in the forum call it?

Sorry to hear, Jeff. Looks like you and I will be in the same state next week. Super scary!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2023 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »

Did Simfan really call it? Or did everyone in the forum call it?

Sorry to hear, Jeff. Looks like you and I will be in the same state next week. Super scary!

The dots from the getgo were simply not connectable Andrew.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2024 on: August 09, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »

I was jamming the Book of Mormon cast album today and thinking of you, Jeff.  It's too bad Sal Tlay Ka Siti isn't working out, but it's probably for the best.  I have no doubt that deep inside you are still Africa.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies