As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:54:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 311774 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2225 on: August 29, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?

Alright, fine, I'll disclose the name of the company - Aetna Insurance.  Jr. Web Developer for Aetna Insurance located in Layton, Utah which is 12 miles south of downtown Ogden.  This position has been developing since Xerox was still in play back in early August.  It has slowly materialized and I was actually accepted a week ago, but I just kept it under my hat because I really wanted to go to Kansas.  Since I am not going to Kansas, I am going to Utah, instead.

Either you're lying to us or someone is lying to you.

Here's why!

• The three Aetna Insurance offices in Utah are located in Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Taylorsville. None of these are very close to Ogden or Layton.
  • Looking at the Aetna website, jobs with the prefix "junior" seem to be exclusively for college interns.
  • There is no "junior" position that exists in their web team.
  • Aetna doesn't call the position "Web Developer", they call it "Web Engineer."
  • None of Aetna's three Utah offices are currently hiring Web Engineers, or any other jobs in the IT field for that matter, besides a few random non-web IT jobs in SLC.
  • Oh, actually, the entire Web Engineer team is based solely out of their national headquarters in Connecticut, so there's literally no reason for them to ever be offered in Utah or anywhere else.

You will be interviewing for a non-existent job in a non-existent office, and if the job were to exist it would effectively be a minimum wage internship, and instead of being at the non-existent office near Ogden it would actually be in Hartford, Connecticut, on the other side of the country.

edit- it appears i've been ninja'd by others doing their own research, but i think most of this is still valid.

Ha, I thought you were going to bed. We discussed this in IRC which is why I brought it up. Regardless good work, your research here is far more thorough and does provide proof beyond a doubt this is not real and does also debunk his excuse for the office not being in Layton.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2226 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24:09 AM »

Ha, I thought you were going to bed. We discussed this in IRC which is why I brought it up. Regardless good work, your research here is far more thorough and does provide proof beyond a doubt this is not real and does also debunk his excuse for the office not being in Layton.

Was gonna make a quick post before sleeping, then got distracted by the research Tongue

(are you still in the chat? if so, can you invite me? i think the room is broken now. take this convo to the chat thread btw if you respond, so we don't taint the glorious update thread with off topic chatter)

But regardless, thanks!
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2227 on: August 29, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Option A on the map is West Jordan and appears to be mislabeled - it's a random house in a random subdivision. There's a behavioral health center in Sandy, but that's like 50 miles south of Ogden. Quite the commute if you ask me! Is there even an Aetna office in Salt Lake City? Google maps does not yield its location.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2228 on: August 29, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »

Was gonna make a quick post before sleeping, then got distracted by the research Tongue

(are you still in the chat? if so, can you invite me? i think the room is broken now. take this convo to the chat thread btw if you respond, so we don't taint the glorious update thread with off topic chatter)

But regardless, thanks!

Yeah i can't get on either...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2229 on: August 29, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »

I'm out of chat now and now heading to bed anyway. See you guys tomorrow. I imagine there will be quite the drama here in the morning.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2230 on: August 29, 2012, 01:40:34 AM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Option A on the map is West Jordan and appears to be mislabeled - it's a random house in a random subdivision. There's a behavioral health center in Sandy, but that's like 50 miles south of Ogden. Quite the commute if you ask me! Is there even an Aetna office in Salt Lake City? Google maps does not yield its location.

I can't find the location, but per Aetna's own website a SLC location does indeed exist. It must be pretty minor, because they even use out-of-state addresses in CA and CT for their various filings with the Utah Department of Insurance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2231 on: August 29, 2012, 01:43:33 AM »

Brilliant sleuthing, folks.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2232 on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:14 AM »

I'm going to speak no more of the job in Utah until I get there and get started.

Yes, this is the standard pattern.  People start poking holes in the logic of Bushie's narrative, and he says he's going to stop answering questions about the topic in question.  For example:

I'm not answering any more questions about Salt Lake City, so your suspicions will have to remain just that.  I'm not going to do anything to prove or dispel them.

Then the next step is that he says he's going to lock the thread for a while, if not forever.  E.g.:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Per advice from a certain poster in authority, I am locking this thread. I'm not getting through to you nor you to me.  I will continue posting sans update.

I am going to lock this thread for a while.  It's become boring even for me, so it's going under lock and key.

Then he'll wait until people forget or lose interest in the particular plot hole in question, and then reopen the thread.  It's the exact same script every single time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2233 on: August 29, 2012, 07:03:25 AM »

Oh, and I'm also reminded of this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=131728.0

Another common Bushie tactic (though he doesn't use it as much anymore) is to ask "Why do you guys care so much about the details of my life that you spend all this time trying to prove me wrong?", to which the obvious rejoinder is given by Kal here:

Why are the people believe in anything related to BushOK?

More importantly, why do they care?

Most importantly, why are you telling all this BS to us?

....to which there seems to be no good answer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2234 on: August 29, 2012, 08:06:07 AM »

I heart my fraternity brother Bacon King.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2235 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »

I probably won't lock the thread this time, as I've tried that, I can't help myself.  I'm just going to let you guys mock all you want to mock and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.  I know what I know and we'll find out if what I know is true or not in 12 days.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2236 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »

I know what I know and we'll find out if what I know is true or not in 12 days.

How will "we find out" when all we have to go on is what you post?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2237 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »

I love the reoccurring themes throughout this drama. BushKE has taken yet another scam job or is lying to us altogether and yet continues to use the same tactics he has used in the past to divert attention from the mistakes he has once again made knowing that the forum had predicted the downfall before it even happened.

For the sake of his parents, I truly hope he isn't just using this as an excuse to visit jamespol for a few weeks on their bill. But it's pretty clear this job he claims to have does not exist, which means he either doesn't have the job, took a job with some other call center or vacuum sales company, or is just making up an excuse to visit his buddy. I don't see any other outcome.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2238 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »

Ban and close this thread please.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2239 on: August 29, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »

I'm going to speak no more of the job in Utah until I get there and get started.

Yes, this is the standard pattern.  People start poking holes in the logic of Bushie's narrative, and he says he's going to stop answering questions about the topic in question.  For example:

I'm not answering any more questions about Salt Lake City, so your suspicions will have to remain just that.  I'm not going to do anything to prove or dispel them.

Then the next step is that he says he's going to lock the thread for a while, if not forever.  E.g.:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Per advice from a certain poster in authority, I am locking this thread. I'm not getting through to you nor you to me.  I will continue posting sans update.

I am going to lock this thread for a while.  It's become boring even for me, so it's going under lock and key.

Then he'll wait until people forget or lose interest in the particular plot hole in question, and then reopen the thread.  It's the exact same script every single time.

That's not the first time everyone told Bushie how wrong he is and he just goes into extreme cognitive dissonance either, see when he was selling vacuums for example. Actually basically every single time this has happened the rest of the forum has been right and he has been wrong.

I love the reoccurring themes throughout this drama. BushKE has taken yet another scam job or is lying to us altogether and yet continues to use the same tactics he has used in the past to divert attention from the mistakes he has once again made knowing that the forum had predicted the downfall before it even happened.

For the sake of his parents, I truly hope he isn't just using this as an excuse to visit jamespol for a few weeks on their bill. But it's pretty clear this job he claims to have does not exist, which means he either doesn't have the job, took a job with some other call center or vacuum sales company, or is just making up an excuse to visit his buddy. I don't see any other outcome.

Oh that explains why he's so big on Utah. Well it wouldn't be the first time he screwed over his family, see signing them up for Ameriplan.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2240 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »

Or rename it to 'As Bushie's Lies Unravel'
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2241 on: August 29, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

Or rename it to 'As Bushie's Lies Unravel'

Whether it is as an exercise in fine fiction writing or internet buff's sleuthing, the thread has a lot of interest and value.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2242 on: August 29, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

I just have to say Bushie is the worst cover story fabricator ever, such as the excuse he made after being shown there is no way the job could be near Layton. After being proven that the job can't be in Utah at all he basically just dodges the whole thing.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2243 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

Well, it's clear he is quite partial to lying to himself to avoid reality, so I wouldn't take all this so personally if I were you guys. In fact most of what he does seems to have roots in avoidance.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2244 on: August 29, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »

Apparently other people already posted the stuff I researched last night. Sad  I was hoping to break the story.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2245 on: August 29, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

I probably won't lock the thread this time, as I've tried that, I can't help myself.  I'm just going to let you guys mock all you want to mock and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.  I know what I know and we'll find out if what I know is true or not in 12 days.

People aren't mocking you.  Rather we are pointing out that yet again, a non-truth was told.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2246 on: August 29, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »

Hmm.. I really hope this turns into something real. This certainly can't be a joke, because although entertaining, Bushie is certainly no Ruth Buzzi.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2247 on: August 29, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

How is it a "sure job"?  Are all off your eggs in this basket again now?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2248 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »

Hmm.. I really hope this turns into something real. This certainly can't be a joke, because although entertaining, Bushie is certainly no Ruth Buzzi.

I will assure you, it is nowhere near as real as the love we have for one another.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2249 on: August 29, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

I don't know guys, just a search for Aetna Salt Lake City reveals some jobs with company in the Salt Lake City area and plenty of them involve web development.  Maybe Bushie isn't lying this time.

Either way, I won't be surprised.  Hopefully the writers have a better twist coming.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies