As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:40:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313261 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »

The man needs to get on welfare. Period.

No... someone who quit a job to go chase a potential job just to have his dreams shot down should not be on welfare.

Obviously his (and most Americans) lives would be much better if he were guaranteed housing and a generous dole by the state. Some people are just not cut out for or do not want to have employment, and for them the government should step in and support them.

Why should the government help people who are not willing to help themselves?

Why should your parents?
[/possibly excessive low-blow]
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2276 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »

I'm rooting for BushKE, but I know this is a lie. I guess we can just sit back and wait until he returns to Oklahoma after being let go for some random reason.

It is no lie.  The reason why I'm saying we'll wait until I get there is I've realized that no matter what I say, the forum won't believe me and I'll be wasting my time trying to answer their questions.  That's fine if the forum won't believe me.  I know what I've got in Utah and I will not be derailed.  I'm really not looking for the forum's approval, I'm just having fun.  There is no need to lock the thread right now (at least from my view point).  I know I opened Pandora's Box when I reopened the thread this past Spring and I told Inks I could handle anything that came my way.  The forum hasn't derailed my thinking at all, I've just been having fun.  Sometimes, talking to a brick wall is fun (you guys can understand that!).  I enjoy this forum and even when you guys bicker and poke holes in every thing I bring before you, I'm just having fun.  The only thing I ask is that none of this ever makes its way to facebook.  What is said on the forum, stays on the forum.

Oh this response is full of all of BushKE's defense mechanisms! It's sending tingles up my spine!

But really, I do wish you luck and if it is a real job, I hope it works out. I can't imagine it being fun to always be in limbo, and finding stability in life is one of the more fulfilling things I could think of at your age.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2277 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

My going theory is that Bushie never quit Oklahoma Natural Gas, but got injured on the job and went on workman's comp, and decided to start spinning these elaborate tales to serve as entertainment during his downtime for the last two years.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2278 on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »

My going theory is that Bushie never quit Oklahoma Natural Gas, but got injured on the job and went on workman's comp, and decided to start spinning these elaborate tales to serve as entertainment during his downtime for the last two years.

I would hope that that is the case.  Either that or my take that he is Keyser Soze, mastermind extraordinaire.  We all think he is the hapless Verbal Kint but it is he that is laughing at us poor fools.

Really though if this is some real life- functional people do not act like this. Hopping from one job to another or some hair brained flight of fancy, fantasy world is not helping his life. Rather than going off on the next escapade, I would hope that he reflects on things and perhaps talks things through with someone competent.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2279 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »

The man needs to get on welfare. Period.

No... someone who quit a job to go chase a potential job just to have his dreams shot down should not be on welfare.

Obviously his (and most Americans) lives would be much better if he were guaranteed housing and a generous dole by the state. Some people are just not cut out for or do not want to have employment, and for them the government should step in and support them.

Why should the government help people who are not willing to help themselves?

Because it should be the government's responsibility to do so.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2280 on: August 29, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »

Can we get another Simfan post in here?

If you dont like the content, you are under no obligation to read it. Same goes for any poster on any thread.

It's like a beautiful train wreck. Horrible, sad, and there's nothing you can do about it, but you just can't look away.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2281 on: August 29, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »

BushOK really should watch Precious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB2fKbflWw
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2282 on: August 29, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »

I would hope that that is the case.  Either that or my take that he is Keyser Soze, mastermind extraordinaire.  We all think he is the hapless Verbal Kint but it is he that is laughing at us poor fools.

If he's fooling us, he's fooling everyone who knows him in real life as well. He posts the same stuff here as he does on his Facebook page (his announcements here are sometimes even word-for-word reposts), and plenty of family and friends always send him their best wished for his new job opportunities and offer their prayers when things don't work out.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2283 on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

I cannot believe this isn't all made up.  It's too shocking, and disturbing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2284 on: August 29, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »

If he's fooling us, he's fooling everyone who knows him in real life as well. He posts the same stuff here as he does on his Facebook page (his announcements here are sometimes even word-for-word reposts), and plenty of family and friends always send him their best wished for his new job opportunities and offer their prayers when things don't work out.

I am not fooling anyone.  A lot of times, I will just copy and paste.  I normally type my facebook status updates onto Microsoft Word and then copy and paste to facebook and frequently to the forum (modified just a bit on occasion to suit the audience).  I've had too many occasions where my wrist accidentally clicks the back button on the touchpad of my laptop and I lose everything or facebook will have to reload and I lose everything I have typed which is very frustrating after I've typed a novel, which I frequently do.

Anyway, I've said all that to say that, everything I say on facebook is me, the real me, not some fabricated me.  I did quit Oklahoma Natural Gas, which despite my two years in the wilderness that ensued, I view as a blessing because it got me out of a bankruptcy waiting to happen with my sure-fire wedding to that wonderful lady, Susan.  She would have bankrupt me within the first two months.  It took me quitting that job, which was a sinking ship anyway, that got me out of that conundrum.  I wish I could have had her without her financial pitfall.  Oh well, that's in the past now.

Yes, it is the real me.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2285 on: August 29, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

Jeff, I have a serious question for you. I was reading this, and something hit me and I really feel like this has to be asked.

Now, as we already know, I'm not a very religious person anymore. So please, don't take this as a jab at your faith or anything. Now, we've talked about a leap of faith when you left ONG, and about how the Lord is going to help take care of you during all the rough times you've encountered since that time.

You claim that God has spoken to you, and about your calling to Kenya. Sometimes we all know, messages can be subtle, and where you least expect them. You've left a job we all told you not to leave, and had a series of job escapades one after another.. and a lot of older and wise members of the forum tell you it isn't a good idea, but you choose to ignore it.

After all this rambling, I've got to just ask.. do you think it might, in some way be possible, that  someone higher is speaking to you, through the forum. A lot of people like to raz you, but admit it... you know that some of us have only the best intentions, and try to point you in the right direction. Heck, two of us have already tried to get you legitimate positions. Maybe someone thought the best way to communicate with you, was through somewhere you'd least expect Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2286 on: August 29, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

Jeff, I have a serious question for you. I was reading this, and something hit me and I really feel like this has to be asked.

Now, as we already know, I'm not a very religious person anymore. So please, don't take this as a jab at your faith or anything. Now, we've talked about a leap of faith when you left ONG, and about how the Lord is going to help take care of you during all the rough times you've encountered since that time.

You claim that God has spoken to you, and about your calling to Kenya. Sometimes we all know, messages can be subtle, and where you least expect them. You've left a job we all told you not to leave, and had a series of job escapades one after another.. and a lot of older and wise members of the forum tell you it isn't a good idea, but you choose to ignore it.

After all this rambling, I've got to just ask.. do you think it might, in some way be possible, that  someone higher is speaking to you, through the forum. A lot of people like to raz you, but admit it... you know that some of us have only the best intentions, and try to point you in the right direction. Heck, two of us have already tried to get you legitimate positions. Maybe someone thought the best way to communicate with you, was through somewhere you'd least expect Wink

I've definitely considered the possibility, Andrew.  God has spoken to me through the forum on occasion.  I may say I'm ignoring the advice and it may seem like I'm ignoring the advice, but I always take every advice I get from the forum, from facebook, and from my own family and weigh it and take the best action for me and the best action that will further my ministry.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2287 on: August 29, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »

I don't know guys, just a search for Aetna Salt Lake City reveals some jobs with company in the Salt Lake City area and plenty of them involve web development.  Maybe Bushie isn't lying this time.

Either way, I won't be surprised.  Hopefully the writers have a better twist coming.

Huh? I'm not seeing any, just some non-IT stuff Bushie is obviously not qualified for and IT jobs that are way beyond web design and he isn't qualified for either. And as BK noted Aetna does all their web design at the HQ in Connecticut.

The only insurance company jobs I can see Bushie being qualified for are customer service (in which case he's not qualified, because we all know how well he does at call centers) or some low level bookkeeping/data entry position. And if this is the latter, why doesn't he just say so instead of coming up with all these elaborate stories and excuses?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2288 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »

Bushie, what's the pay?  (Don't be coy with this, you've told us that type of info and more before.)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2289 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »

What Can I Do with an E-Commerce Degree? I can be a/an Hospital/HMO.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2290 on: August 30, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »

Bushie, what's the pay?  (Don't be coy with this, you've told us that type of info and more before.)

Hmmm he answered this earlier but seems to have deleted it...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2291 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »

Sorry.  That might have been me.  My laptop froze while I was reading the thread earlier, and I clicked a couple times on the page as well as scrolled up and down - so it might've happened once it unfroze.  I didn't notice anything different, but it's possible it got deleted then - I'm honestly not sure.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2292 on: August 30, 2012, 02:07:43 AM »

Sorry.  That might have been me.  My laptop froze while I was reading the thread earlier, and I clicked a couple times on the page as well as scrolled up and down - so it might've happened once it unfroze.  I didn't notice anything different, but it's possible it got deleted then - I'm honestly not sure.

Hey, that's happened to me once or twice.

IIRC he said 36k
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2293 on: August 30, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »

I was under the assumption it was you or Mikado deleting it for privacy reasons, that's why I didn't put it back up.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2294 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »

Nope... just a 6-year-old Dell laptop that thinks it's a rebel.  Like I said earlier, as long as you're not posting private information about other people, you pretty much have free reign with this thread now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2295 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »

Inks, don't sweat it.  I've gotten rid of whole threads accidentially.  Buttons are close together and all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2296 on: August 30, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »

Then shouldn't we, the viewers, be aware of this already? Even if everything we see seems to point the other way; for this entire thing would all be about the experience of reading an internet forum.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2297 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

Then shouldn't we, the viewers, be aware of this already? Even if everything we see seems to point the other way; for this entire thing would all be about the experience of reading an internet forum.

That is actually the good part of this thread for me.  I can't take any joy in the rather mundane misfortunes of this fellow. He needs help and guidance that this forum cannot provide- absolutely nothing wrong there either... What I do find interesting is how the thread kinda holds up the proverbial mirror.  The reactions, advice etc are telling and quite indicative of where the viewer is at the moment. For instance, here I am giving Bushie advice on weight like I'm some sort of fitness guru or something. While I have managed to just lose a tremendous amount of weight, I'm probably replying to threads mostly to reinforce myself, and with some well-intentioned advice to a stranger (Bushie) sprinkled in.  Maybe that makes some sense, maybe I'm just full of hot air...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2298 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »

Nope... just a 6-year-old Dell laptop that thinks it's a rebel.  Like I said earlier, as long as you're not posting private information about other people, you pretty much have free reign with this thread now.

Okay, I just didn't want to usurp your authority.

To answer Joe's question, I will be making $17.30/hr ($36,000) per year according to the offer letter.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2299 on: August 30, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »

Are you selling your OK house?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies