As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:18:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313143 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »

If you remember a year ago in the Update Thread I mentioned I have an actual process when it comes to changing my calendars for the New Year.  I am at it, again!  I have a schedule typed up on Microsoft Word that tells me when to take down a certain calendar, when to put up the new calendar, when to change pages to January.  As for my desk calendars, I have a schedule of when to turn each individual page.  It will not all get changed at one time, but I have a method to each page turn about 45 minutes apart.  I will have started the changing process, but I will take a break for Christmas from this Thursday evening through next Wednesday morning.  I will have all the calendars changed by 1:00 am Saturday, December 31, 2011 which is 3 hours before 2012 is born in the Pacific Ocean.

I have a couple words of advice for anyone trying to figure this out...  "Don't ask!".

Why???

Here's why.

Darn right, and I'm embracing it. Smiley

*hughughug* Grin

Congrats on your weight loss!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »

If you remember a year ago in the Update Thread I mentioned I have an actual process when it comes to changing my calendars for the New Year.  I am at it, again!  I have a schedule typed up on Microsoft Word that tells me when to take down a certain calendar, when to put up the new calendar, when to change pages to January.  As for my desk calendars, I have a schedule of when to turn each individual page.  It will not all get changed at one time, but I have a method to each page turn about 45 minutes apart.  I will have started the changing process, but I will take a break for Christmas from this Thursday evening through next Wednesday morning.  I will have all the calendars changed by 1:00 am Saturday, December 31, 2011 which is 3 hours before 2012 is born in the Pacific Ocean.

I have a couple words of advice for anyone trying to figure this out...  "Don't ask!".

Why???

Here's why.

Darn right, and I'm embracing it. Smiley

*hughughug* Grin

Congrats on your weight loss!

Thank you!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

I'm enjoying the day of College Football Bowl Games.  It is 8:30 pm Oklahoma Time and I've got another 29 1/2 hours before I go to bed the next time.  I'm watching the time tick down, not just the hours, but the minutes, and the seconds until the ball rises in Oklahoma City as well as the first time zone in the world in Samoa which will enter 2012 at 4:00 am Oklahoma time, 5:00 am New York time.

When I get to work tomorrow, I will keep a countdown on my second monitor that I will watch until time to go home.

Right after work tomorrow at 5:00 pm, I will head to the church and get things set up for the 2012 New Year's Eve Game Night which begins at 7:00 pm.  I will be delivering a short 15-minute devotion from 7:30-7:45 pm in the New Testament book of 3 John on the subject of Hospitality.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »

BushOK's Facebook profile picture is a map of Africa with the countries outlined. You can't make this stuff up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »

BushOK's Facebook profile picture is a map of Africa with the countries outlined. You can't make this stuff up.

Well, it was time to change it from the Christmas Tree Star that was on there previously.  Since Christmas 2011 is over, and we are still 360 days from Christmas 2012, I thought I would change it to something more relevant, and that would be Kenya.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »

Well, it was time to change it from the Christmas Tree Star that was on there previously.  Since Christmas 2011 is over, and we are still 360 days from Christmas 2012, I thought I would change it to something more relevant, and that would be Kenya.

You also can't make up the fact that BushOK, who is super religious and super obsessed with Christmas, incorrectly states when the Christmas season is over yet starts preparing for the feast in...September.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »

LOL Purple heart you Bushie.

He watches AND rewatches Dick Clark's New Years Eve!  I couldn't sit through it once. Hilarious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »

LOL Purple heart you Bushie.

He watches AND rewatches Dick Clark's New Years Eve!  I couldn't sit through it once. Hilarious.

Not just that, but I'll watch AND rewatch all 6 hours of it Sunday evening!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »

Happy New Year 2012!! As of this morning, I have now lost 17 pounds since Monday, November 14, 2011 when this all began. I am now weighing in at 268.0 after starting off at 285.0.  I'm still doing everything I've been doing the past 7 weeks, but now I'm incorporating more water, as well.  I drank quite a bit of water the last two days of 2011.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

This week at work, I should learn that the requisition order will have been submitted on my permanent position at Dell.  It still will probably be the end of January or February before I actually get hired on permanent, but the process should be started this week, hopefully, or no later than early next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »

As you can see by my avatar and name change, I am solidifying my support behind Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for the Republican Nomination and the General Election, should he win the nomination.  If Ron Paul were to miraculously win the nomination, my vote would be solidly in Obama's camp.  If it's anyone else, I'm undecided at this point.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »

LOL
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #262 on: January 01, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »

For real? Awesome.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »

That's the way I see it right now.  Things could change especially after Nevada and see how things play out in all the broad regions of the country.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #264 on: January 01, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »

You describe yourself in your Forum profile as "Republican Socially, Democrat Economically". Why then are you supporting a Republican running mostly on fiscal issues in an election where the dominate issue is the economy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »

You describe yourself in your Forum profile as "Republican Socially, Democrat Economically". Why then are you supporting a Republican running mostly on fiscal issues in an election where the dominate issue is the economy?

There are other issues at play for me in this election.  I will expound on those later, as I'm about to go to bed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #266 on: January 01, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »

As you can see by my avatar and name change, I am solidifying my support behind Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for the Republican Nomination and the General Election, should he win the nomination.  If Ron Paul were to miraculously win the nomination, my vote would be solidly in Obama's camp.  If it's anyone else, I'm undecided at this point.
Good for you. Smiley Welcome aboard! Get all signed up, and your membership card should be arriving on your doorstep soon. (I got mine yesterday)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:11 AM »

Is there ever an election when you don't claim to support the Republican for a while...only to switch back later on?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: January 02, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »

Is there ever an election when you don't claim to support the Republican for a while...only to switch back later on?

That's probably because I have tendencies in both parties.  I'm a moderate by the country's standards, and a liberal by Oklahoma standards.  I also tend to vote for the person, not the party and my support does sway back and forth, but I've been doing some homework on Romney and, I think, he's the best bet in the Republican field. Most likely, if you were to ask me right now who I would support should someone other than Mitt Romney win the nomination, I would probably say President Obama.  I know I definitely would not support Ron Paul under any circumstances.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: January 05, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »

Good Thursday Evening.  I am 70 days from leaving for Kenya.  I also am sitting at 16 pounds lost, at a weight of 269.0 as of this morning.

I called my liaison, the recruiter who got me the job at Dell, this afternoon.  She confirmed what I've been hearing and what I've been expecting.  She said the way it typically works in a 9-month contract to hire with Dell is that sometime late in the 7th month or early in the 8th month, the Dell management will come to me and give me a start date to officially transition over to Dell badge and Dell payroll.  The start date is normally sometime in the 9th month.  The 8th month of my contract will begin next Friday, January 13, 2012, which means the 9th month will begin on Monday, February 13, 2012.  She says I should be hearing very soon about the next steps and be given the paperwork to fill out to move over to Dell badge and payroll.  She says that the only way she will know is from me as I am to call her when I find out a start date.  Neither she nor the temp coordinator at Dell have any jurisdiction over the decision whether good or bad, it is solely up to my supervisor.  My stats have continued to improve and are at the best they've been in my 7 months there.  It's pretty much a matter of when, and not if, at this point.  My supervisor is waiting for the word from the client that I'm working with (a medical complex in Minneapolis) about the contract extensions and he should receive that word either tomorrow or sometime next week.  He has the requisition order ready to submit for my position whenever he does hear.  My liaison says I should be given a start date sometime before the end of January, although that start date may be sometime in March.  Plus, I have another account I will be getting trained on in the near future, so things are definitely looking up and starting to take shape.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

Excellent!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2012, 08:03:40 PM »

lulz

Only Bushie can use "vote for the person" reasoning and come up with Mitt Romney as the best choice.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »

lulz

Only Bushie can use "vote for the person" reasoning and come up with Mitt Romney as the best choice.

I could see an argument for voting for a "competent" person. Not meant as voting for personality but rather for the individual judging his capability.

That said, I think it's silly to vote for the person most of the time (except internally within a party of course).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

I cheated a little on my diet last night.  I had some ice cream from Sonic.  As a result, I gained 3/4 of a pound this morning back to 269.8.  I'll get back on track today, though.

I am 69 days from Kenya and I should be getting the plane tickets within the next two weeks.  The deadline to have the air fare money in is tomorrow, January 7, 2012 and we are having another meeting this Sunday, January 8 at 5:30 pm to go over a few things, answer more questions, and officially give the go ahead for our travel agent to purchase the tickets.  I imagine the tickets will be bought either this coming week or early the following week.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »

Why does this thread title sound like a double entendre?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies