As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 [105]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 311809 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2600 on: October 15, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »

Don't you guys ever visit the polling boards? Never trust numbers with decimal points.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2601 on: October 15, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2602 on: October 15, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »

I'll admit I was lying in August and September, mainly because I didn't think my weight should have had anything to do with mod review on an internet forum.

You agreed to Mikado's challenge, genius.  Do you even have a single clue as to why he set it in the first place?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2603 on: October 15, 2012, 10:22:27 PM »

Inks, it was all true up through July.  When we got into August, I was taking care of my mother who was in the hospital for 9 days.  I didn't have any scales from September 1-October 6.  I'll admit I was lying in August and September, mainly because I didn't think my weight should have had anything to do with mod review on an internet forum.  Yes, I've made empty promises, but overall in the past 11 months, I am down 20 pounds from my height of 285.0.  I am down to 265 right now, which is still up 8 pounds from earlier this summer.  I need to get back on it and I'm trying.  Although, I didn't do very well this evening as I was late getting home from work and I was extremely tired so I decided to stop and get a pizza.  That's my problem, I get tired and I let the slightest amount of tiredness stop me from cooking and get a fast food meal, whether burgers or pizza.  i use the excuse of "oh, I can get back on the diet tomorrow."  Well, how many tomorrows?

The ONLY reason that your weight had something to do with mod review on an Internet forum is because you (at the time) wanted it to.  It reminds me of the Republicans and their whining about defense cuts... if you didn't want it, don't agree to the sequestration!

Do you notice a pattern of lying?  You lie, get caught, and come up with an excuse.  Then you get mad because we push you on it, so you say, "I'm not answering any more questions about _________."  All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.  The only problem is that you don't have a plan.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2604 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:52 AM »

I sent you a picture... what did you think?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2605 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:09 AM »

It's very un-Christian.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2606 on: October 16, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

Inks, where is the lie exactly?  It is rather easy to bounce 15lbs in the matter of a few weeks- hell boxers and wrestlers can do this in a day.  Wasn't he in OKC when he was quoting decimal weights?

His last update was 3 weeks prior to the deadline, when he said he was 3 pounds away.  Even that is a weird number go guesstimate.  We'll find out what he fully meant when he said he was "guessing before without scales", but it's pretty hard to gain 22 pounds in 3 weeks.  The most I knew of anybody losing or gaining weight in wrestling was our heavyweight gaining 5 pounds overnight after "not eating"... that was a lie, and a loss of 6 pounds.

This is a reason why focusing solely on the scale is misguided and stupid.  You take a show like the Biggest Loser for example.  You get very fat people who eat like crap who weigh themselves after eating and drinking a bunch and after a lifetime of eating crap food.  You have them finally exercise and eat a healthy diet and many drop like 15lb-20lbs in a week. So water retention/salt will affect how much you weigh. Note that someone around Bushies weight will naturally fluctuating around 5lbs just on what time of day he weighs himself.   The body is mostly made up of water so you everyone can fluctuate. Soccer players and baseball catchers can drop like 10lbs during a game just by sweating.  Some MMA fighters can swing like 20lbs back and forth over course of a day or two.

Again, your numbers for weight lost from sweat are a bit high here.  Most soccer players aren't dropping 10 lbs during a game.  If they're doing that, they're severely dehydrating themselves.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2607 on: October 16, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »

This story needs a real shot in the arm. A lady. A development at work. Something. Right now it's just a shell of its former self. We are arguing over weight that we all know he will never lose because it's in his upbringing and culture to eat unhealthy things. His parents never made health with their country cooking so he simple does not know how to live a healthy lifestyle. We really can't fault him too much. We are basically asking him to go against everything he has been taught in life.

For example, he was busy so he got a PIZZA for dinner. Hell, I am always busy, I am a law student, but I manage to get healthy food most of the time without cooking a huge meal. Even a grilled chicken sandwich is much better for you than a freaking pizza. But it makes sense to him. If you spent your whole life eating burgers, pot roasts with gravy, country fried steak, golden corral type food, you don't know of anything else. It would be like telling me to change my diet to a diet where I would gain 20 pounds in a month. I really couldn't eat food like that. It wouldn't be possible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2608 on: October 16, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

Interesting tidbit, despite that pizza last night, I still lost 1.5 lbs from where I was yesterday morning.  I'm not going to take that as a reason to continue eating pizza, because I know if I play with fire, I will eventually get burned.

Changing the subject,

I finally have my Utah Driver's License AND I just registered to vote online this evening!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2609 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »

Interesting tidbit, despite that pizza last night, I still lost 1.5 lbs from where I was yesterday morning.  I'm not going to take that as a reason to continue eating pizza, because I know if I play with fire, I will eventually get burned.

Flawless logic there Bushie:
Drinks pint of water
gains a lb.
must be bad for your diet....
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2610 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »

Inks, where is the lie exactly?  It is rather easy to bounce 15lbs in the matter of a few weeks- hell boxers and wrestlers can do this in a day.  Wasn't he in OKC when he was quoting decimal weights?

His last update was 3 weeks prior to the deadline, when he said he was 3 pounds away.  Even that is a weird number go guesstimate.  We'll find out what he fully meant when he said he was "guessing before without scales", but it's pretty hard to gain 22 pounds in 3 weeks.  The most I knew of anybody losing or gaining weight in wrestling was our heavyweight gaining 5 pounds overnight after "not eating"... that was a lie, and a loss of 6 pounds.

This is a reason why focusing solely on the scale is misguided and stupid.  You take a show like the Biggest Loser for example.  You get very fat people who eat like crap who weigh themselves after eating and drinking a bunch and after a lifetime of eating crap food.  You have them finally exercise and eat a healthy diet and many drop like 15lb-20lbs in a week. So water retention/salt will affect how much you weigh. Note that someone around Bushies weight will naturally fluctuating around 5lbs just on what time of day he weighs himself.   The body is mostly made up of water so you everyone can fluctuate. Soccer players and baseball catchers can drop like 10lbs during a game just by sweating.  Some MMA fighters can swing like 20lbs back and forth over course of a day or two.

Again, your numbers for weight lost from sweat are a bit high here.  Most soccer players aren't dropping 10 lbs during a game.  If they're doing that, they're severely dehydrating themselves.

I said can lose that much weight., it is quite common to be able to manipulate your weight for an event.  There are detailed articles about how to do such things- o/c it can kill you... Bad crash diets typically work on this trick.  My overall general point is that water retention reflects how much you weigh. Thus, the scale; especially when you are using it as your sole daily metric,is not a great indicator of overall health and fitness.

As an example, People on that dopey show the Biggest loser put a lot of weight back on right away just because they are not properly hydrated.  Back in my drinking days, I could actually lose 5lbs after a bender just because I was so dehydrated- it certainly wasn't for lack of calories.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2611 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »

Flawless logic there Bushie:
Drinks pint of water
gains a lb.
must be bad for your diet....

I didn't say that.  Look at my post again, I said I can't continue eating pizza and expect to lose weight.  The reverse is true.  Water is the most well-known, and arguably, the most efficient weight loss substance that one can eat or drink, and a little bit of water weight is nothing to get upset about, because it will eventually turn around.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2612 on: October 16, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »

Jeff, I dont need to read it over again because I read the same post 3, 6 and 9 months ago. You can just replace pizza with burgers or an all you can eat buffet.  You are good at typing about  it, not so much it actual doing it.   Finish something you started.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2613 on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:19 AM »

So you've bought a scale within the past 2 days?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2614 on: October 17, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »

the sad/unhealthy thing isnt that bushie lies to us...he lies to himself.  he believes all of his fantasies and delusions.

yes something is wrong.  and he needs help.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2615 on: October 17, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »

BushKE, just get a grilled chicken sandwich if you're busy and need to eat. It's far more healthy than a pizza or a cheeseburger. It won't taste as good right now, but eventually you will adapt to eating healthy and start feeling sick whenever you do gorge your face with food that does nothing but give you heart disease and causes you to gain weight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2616 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »

So you've bought a scale within the past 2 days?

I bought a scale on October 6.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2617 on: October 17, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »

It's not much, but right now, I'm fluctuating between 265-266.  That's down from 272-273 where I topped out about 10 days ago.  I still have a goal of 250 by Christmas.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2618 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »

Perhaps locking this and starting a new Update thread will reenergize things somewhat:

So are multiple smaller threads preferrable to larger ones?  I always just assumed that like more boards, more threads would slow down the forum even if the number of posts are the same.  If this is the case, there are probably some threads on Off Topic/Forum Community that can be locked and restarted.

Yes - go ahead and lock some of these longer threads - should probably keep the post count to 2k or so max per thread.

Thanks,
Dave
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2619 on: October 17, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »

Dave has given soft guidelines to keep threads to about 2,000 replies, as apparently the more replies a thread has, the more burden it puts on the server, so I'm going to lock this and allow Jeff to start a new thread (since his titles are usually mroe creative than mine).
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 [105]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies