Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 11:11:54 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 83123 times)
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2011, 10:02:45 pm »
Ignore

Then, in early January, I'm going to start gathering things together that I might need to take and purchase what I need to purchase.

Will this interfere with Easter decorating?

The better question is whether this will interfere with his taking down his Christmas displays.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2011, 10:02:55 pm »
Ignore

Anyway, according to my calcuations and the verbal commitments I have gotten over the phone just this evening, by the first weekend of December, I will have raised $900 for my trip including the deposit, passport, and a big chunk toward the airfare.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »
Ignore

Then, in early January, I'm going to start gathering things together that I might need to take and purchase what I need to purchase.

The better question is whether this will interfere with his taking down his Christmas displays.

No, since I put the decorations up so early, even I get tired of them by December 26, so they are usually down and put away and my house back to normal before New Years, usually around December 27-29 time frame.  This year, I will probably take it down on December 28.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2011, 10:30:58 pm »
Ignore

No, since I put the decorations up so early, even I get tired of them by December 26, so they are usually down and put away and my house back to normal before New Years, usually around December 27-29 time frame.  This year, I will probably take it down on December 28.
I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but no love for the Epiphany? You can have an extra two weeks of Christmas. Yes, you can!

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2011, 10:48:32 pm »
Ignore

I've confronted BushOK on this before. Decorations should remain up until at least the Epiphany.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:42 pm »
Ignore

Can someone shutdown National Lampoon's Kenyan Vacation before it turns into another update?

If it turns into update, I don't care.

Favorite. Mod. Ever.

:') - tears of happiness
RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2011, 02:27:17 am »
Ignore

Bushie, are you focusing more on this or Christmas?

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2011, 06:09:43 am »
Ignore

Bushie, are you focusing more on this or Christmas?

Really, both equally, with a slight edge to Christmas.

Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »
Ignore

I don't really get where some of the negativity in this thread is coming from. I think it'd be good for the guy to go somewhere different and see the world. This church has done this trip multiple times; I'm sure it'll all be fine. Bushie has made a lot (A LOT) of boneheaded moves in the past few years but I don't really see how this is one of them.
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2011, 04:49:39 pm »
Ignore

I don't really get where some of the negativity in this thread is coming from. I think it'd be good for the guy to go somewhere different and see the world. This church has done this trip multiple times; I'm sure it'll all be fine. Bushie has made a lot (A LOT) of boneheaded moves in the past few years but I don't really see how this is one of them.

Yes, agreed, Suze Orman would scream "denied" on this trip if he called into her show... but people make decisions considerably more destructive than this all the time, and it will be a great experience.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:50:45 pm by brittain33 »Logged
Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:38 pm »
Ignore

Anyway, according to my calcuations and the verbal commitments I have gotten over the phone just this evening, by the first weekend of December, I will have raised $900 for my trip including the deposit, passport, and a big chunk toward the airfare.

How the hell does that even cover that?

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »
Ignore

I'm disappointed that my question received no answer. Oh, well.

I'll also add that I agree with the negativity being a bit bizarre. This may not exactly be a wise move, but it's hardly disastrous either.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:53 pm »
Ignore

How the hell does that even cover that?

It won't cover all of it, for sure, but it will cover quite a bit

I'm disappointed that my question received no answer. Oh, well.

Gustaf, no I'm not being called to up and move to Kenya.  I'm just being led to lend my hand in whatever way I can for the 3 or 4 days we'll be there.  The trip is a week long, but you can probably estimate 2 days to get there and 2 days to get back which only leaves 3, maybe 4, days to serve on the ground.

Anyway, a new update.  I talked to the guy over the phone for the first time this evening after work.  I've been talking to him via texting before now.  I am going to fax the application in tomorrow and then talk to him in person and lay down the deposit on Wednesday, November 30.  I will hopefully apply for the passport the same day.

The trip is $850 + $1500 airfare, so $2350 total plus passport, shots, and spending money.  It's a little more than I originally thought, but I'm going with the flow and it's not excessively more.

Lettuce and cheese salad--hold the dressing!
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »
Ignore

Don't you still owe your parents a bunch of money?

It seems like Lief's posts sometimes have a sexual tint to them. I've definitely seen references to spanking more than once.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »
Ignore

Don't you still owe your parents a bunch of money?

I do owe them some money, but we have never actually counted how much it is, because I could never repay them.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »
Ignore

Would you look at that... Through all the commitments I have already secured, I have my trip pretty well paid for already.  In fact, I have over $3,200 at my disposal if I need it.  The airfare is $1500, the trip itself is $850, spending money/visa money is $200, passport is $135.  All together that is $2685.  The deposit is $250, so that brings the balance down to $2435.  The passport is $135, so balance is now $2300.  My grandmother will give me $300 at the beginning of December and the beginning of January, so balance is now $1700.  I will contribute $200 in December, January, February, and March, so that's now $900.  I have secured donations from my brother and his wife for Christmas and my missionary friends from China also for Christmas, probably $100 each.  The balance is now $700.  My grandmother will give me another $300 at the beginning of February to bring it down to $400.  I will contribute my own spending/visa money, so that's now $200.  That leaves my mother and dad only having to contribute $200.  That's not even including if my church can help me out some.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »
Ignore

The dates have been modified to March 16-25, instead of March 16-23.  So, if I switch to a Monday-Friday schedule again, I will only have to take 6 days for the trip and 1 day for jet lag recovery for a total of 7 days (56 hours).  Under the current 4/10 schedule, I would have to take 70 hours leave which would definitely not work.  So, I am going to switch my schedule the first of January.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:55 pm »
Ignore

I also just realized I could fax from my home computer and scanner, so I just sent him my app via fax!!

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:18 pm »
Ignore

Would you look at that... Through all the commitments I have already secured, I have my trip pretty well paid for already.  In fact, I have over $3,200 at my disposal if I need it.  The airfare is $1500, the trip itself is $850, spending money/visa money is $200, passport is $135.  All together that is $2685.  The deposit is $250, so that brings the balance down to $2435.  The passport is $135, so balance is now $2300.  My grandmother will give me $300 at the beginning of December and the beginning of January, so balance is now $1700.  I will contribute $200 in December, January, February, and March, so that's now $900.  I have secured donations from my brother and his wife for Christmas and my missionary friends from China also for Christmas, probably $100 each.  The balance is now $700.  My grandmother will give me another $300 at the beginning of February to bring it down to $400.  I will contribute my own spending/visa money, so that's now $200.  That leaves my mother and dad only having to contribute $200.  That's not even including if my church can help me out some.

Um... $150 for spending money?

Ah... ha... when it comes to spending money always over estimate.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »
Ignore

While your rule there is certainly a good one, $150 is over 13,000 Kenyan shillings.

Green = Fake Scotland
Red = Real Scotland

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »
Ignore

Would you look at that... Through all the commitments I have already secured, I have my trip pretty well paid for already.  In fact, I have over $3,200 at my disposal if I need it.  The airfare is $1500, the trip itself is $850, spending money/visa money is $200, passport is $135.  All together that is $2685.  The deposit is $250, so that brings the balance down to $2435.  The passport is $135, so balance is now $2300.  My grandmother will give me $300 at the beginning of December and the beginning of January, so balance is now $1700.  I will contribute $200 in December, January, February, and March, so that's now $900.  I have secured donations from my brother and his wife for Christmas and my missionary friends from China also for Christmas, probably $100 each.  The balance is now $700.  My grandmother will give me another $300 at the beginning of February to bring it down to $400.  I will contribute my own spending/visa money, so that's now $200.  That leaves my mother and dad only having to contribute $200.  That's not even including if my church can help me out some.

Um... $150 for spending money?

Ah... ha... when it comes to spending money always over estimate.

It may be more than that, but I've got extra money available should I need it!

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2011, 03:35:55 am »
Ignore

While your rule there is certainly a good one, $150 is over 13,000 Kenyan shillings.

Your point being?

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2011, 08:43:53 am »
Ignore

I'll also add that I agree with the negativity being a bit bizarre. This may not exactly be a wise move, but it's hardly disastrous either.

It certainly isn't the most idiotic thing he's done in his life.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »
Ignore

He did receive the application this morning and is reviewing it.  The next three days I'm going to pour over the budget quite a bit and look at the website more and get more ideas of what to do.  I'm about to show the website to my mother this evening for the first time and let her look at it.

I do want to thank the forum, for the most part, you have been very receptive of this idea and I haven't heard any scathing criticisms of this adventure.  Even the negativity I have received hasn't been mean or nasty and I have pretty much just laughed it off.  I think this is the first adventure I've taken in the past two or three years that the forum as a collective group actually approves of.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »
Ignore

There were really no further developments today, nor will there be the rest of the weekend because of Thanksgiving.  However, I did show the Maisha website to my mother last night (I'm spending 3 nights with them), and she was impressed by what she saw.  She said it will certainly be different for me, but she thinks it will be good for me to go out there and experience a whole new culture.  I have 113 days until I leave, which is about 3 months and 3 weeks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout