Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 07:40:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 85120 times)
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: March 31, 2012, 11:48:32 am »
Ignore

btw, Jeff, is it true you want to become a dual Kenyan-American citizen?

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 31, 2012, 11:49:47 am »
Ignore

you've already confirmed that you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, which is an anxiety disorder, so you either a) were lying or b) I am right on at least one count.

I do have OCD, you're right, but that's not an emotional disorder.

it is by definition an anxiety disorder, which fits with what I claimed:

has at least one if not several anxiety/attachment disorders

in a mirror, dimly lit
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 31, 2012, 11:55:56 am »
Ignore

btw, Jeff, is it true you want to become a dual Kenyan-American citizen?

Yes, it is very true, Hash.  Africans who move to America are called African-Americans.  I want to be an American-African, that is an American who moves to Africa.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 31, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »
Ignore

You'll need a British accent.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 31, 2012, 12:06:06 pm »
Ignore

You'll need a British accent.

I'm sure it will develop overtime.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 31, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
Ignore

I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.

Which Kenyan sports are you a fan of?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 31, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
Ignore

I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.

I'll probably get into real football (soccer) which I saw on the TV in Nairobi.

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 31, 2012, 01:08:12 pm »
Ignore

I remember you saying you found it incredibly boring.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »
Ignore

You'll need to work on pretending that you care about soccer.  With some fake sports fandom and a simple birth certificate forgery, we might be able to pass you off as a native Kenyan.  Which means that, some day, you might break the color barrier, and be elected Kenya's first white president.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 31, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »
Ignore

What a great season so far. First, jmfcst joins the cast and now these hilarious Kenyan developments.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 31, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »
Ignore

Come on. Cricket's vastly more interesting than soccer, and it's at least as popular in Kenya. The ICC World Twenty20 is being held in Sri Lanka this September.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:59 pm »
Ignore

i didnt survive the first round of the trimming of the fb friends.

apparently im too much of a heathen!

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 31, 2012, 02:06:23 pm »
Ignore

Religion is the opiate of the masses, but Bush is having a full blown overdose.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 31, 2012, 02:07:19 pm »
Ignore

My gosh, he's serious?!!?!?!?!

WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 31, 2012, 02:08:12 pm »
Ignore

i would say he quits the new job  within 3 months...unless someone talks some sense into him.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 31, 2012, 02:09:43 pm »
Ignore

i would say he quits the new job  within 3 months years...unless someone talks some sense into him.

Fixed

Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Boats
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:18 pm »
Ignore

Well, at least you'll be happy.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:42 pm »
Ignore

Alas, looks like I didn't survive, either.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »
Ignore

Alas, looks like I didn't survive, either.

I'm still seeing status updates, so I guess I was spared.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 31, 2012, 03:27:20 pm »
Ignore

It may not be a Biblical phrase per se, but the Bible does say that God helps those who helps themselves.

Benjamin Franklin is the Bible?

(Point taken, though)

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 31, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »
Ignore

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.  I may re-add people at a later time, I'm certainly not ruling that out.  Plus, advice aside, I am trying to provide a positive example for my adopted American sister so when she sees my news feed, she will see a Christian legacy.

So.. are you saying that my advise isn't good, because its not shared by people who worship God?

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 31, 2012, 05:08:12 pm »
Ignore

Well, at least you'll be happy.

I'm already happy!  My cousin, who went with me to Kenya, has given me the best compliment not once, but twice this past week.  She said "You look more alive now than I have ever seen you!"  For someone who has known me since she was 2 years old, and she is now 28, that is saying something.  My whole attitude has changed.  Before I left for Kenya, I was starting to go through the motions and was pretty lifeless.  Getting the job helped a lot, and then I went to Kenya, and when we first got to Maisha and saw 450 children come to meet us and walk with us to Maisha, my heart came alive and the seeds were planted for my future life in Kenya.  Little did I know God was planting an entire forest in my heart!  I have been more alive the past two weeks than I have ever been in my 30 years of life.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 31, 2012, 05:16:27 pm »
Ignore

Come on. Cricket's vastly more interesting than soccer, and it's at least as popular in Kenya. The ICC World Twenty20 is being held in Sri Lanka this September.

I do like Cricket, as well.  In fact, in college I had several foreign exchange students from India who introduced me to the game of Cricket which we played on the tennis courts for lack of a field.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »
Ignore

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.  I may re-add people at a later time, I'm certainly not ruling that out.  Plus, advice aside, I am trying to provide a positive example for my adopted American sister so when she sees my news feed, she will see a Christian legacy.

So.. are you saying that my advise isn't good, because its not shared by people who worship God?

I think he is saying your advice isn't good because you are using your brain and facts to give the advice instead of prayer to give the advice, and he doesn't want little kids to be tempted by brain and facts instead of religion and prayer.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:15 pm »
Ignore

...I'm disturbed...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »