As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:46:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313131 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.  I may re-add people at a later time, I'm certainly not ruling that out.  Plus, advice aside, I am trying to provide a positive example for my adopted American sister so when she sees my news feed, she will see a Christian legacy.

So.. are you saying that my advise isn't good, because its not shared by people who worship God?

I think he is saying your advice isn't good because you are using your brain and facts to give the advice instead of prayer to give the advice, and he doesn't want little kids to be tempted by brain and facts instead of religion and prayer.

Note: Those who I cut from my friends list can still give me advice and I can still ponder the advice through one specific avenue and we are posting in it right now.  I'm not closing down this thread as the writers don't have an end to this season in mind.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #751 on: March 31, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »

I thought I would make a little shift on the focus of this thread to let the old BushOklahoma make an appearance.  This part of BushOklahoma is being transferred to the new BushOklahoma.  Next Sunday is Easter Sunday, which means the next day, Monday, 9th April 2012, I will be shifting my focus to the Fourth of July to celebrate the 236th birthday of my native country, the United States of America.  I am probably 3 1/2 - 4 months away from breaking out the Christmas Music.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #752 on: March 31, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »

It was better in Rhodesia. Mods can delete if this is inappropriate.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #753 on: March 31, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

I'm already happy!  My cousin, who went with me to Kenya, has given me the best compliment not once, but twice this past week.  She said "You look more alive now than I have ever seen you!"  For someone who has known me since she was 2 years old, and she is now 28, that is saying something.  My whole attitude has changed.  Before I left for Kenya, I was starting to go through the motions and was pretty lifeless.  Getting the job helped a lot, and then I went to Kenya, and when we first got to Maisha and saw 450 children come to meet us and walk with us to Maisha, my heart came alive and the seeds were planted for my future life in Kenya.  Little did I know God was planting an entire forest in my heart!  I have been more alive the past two weeks than I have ever been in my 30 years of life.
The plot thickens.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #754 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »

I thought I would make a little shift on the focus of this thread to let the old BushOklahoma make an appearance.  This part of BushOklahoma is being transferred to the new BushOklahoma.  Next Sunday is Easter Sunday, which means the next day, Monday, 9th April 2012, I will be shifting my focus to the Fourth of July to celebrate the 236th birthday of my native country, the United States of America.  I am probably 3 1/2 - 4 months away from breaking out the Christmas Music.

...what the heck!?!? why so early?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #755 on: March 31, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »

I'm already happy!  My cousin, who went with me to Kenya, has given me the best compliment not once, but twice this past week.  She said "You look more alive now than I have ever seen you!"  For someone who has known me since she was 2 years old, and she is now 28, that is saying something.  My whole attitude has changed.  Before I left for Kenya, I was starting to go through the motions and was pretty lifeless.  Getting the job helped a lot, and then I went to Kenya, and when we first got to Maisha and saw 450 children come to meet us and walk with us to Maisha, my heart came alive and the seeds were planted for my future life in Kenya.  Little did I know God was planting an entire forest in my heart!  I have been more alive the past two weeks than I have ever been in my 30 years of life.
The plot thickens.

How?  She went on the same mission trip as I, but she is not being called to Kenya for a lifetime, at least not yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #756 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »

You don't know me, do you?  I think about holidays early.  Right after the Fourth of July, if not before, I will start having thoughts of Christmas.  I listen to Christmas music starting no later than 1 August.  I start shopping for Christmas decorations the weekend after Mother's Day as there is one chain store out here, Hobby Lobby, that starts putting out their Halloween, THanksgiving, and Christmas decorations in small quantities right before Memorial Day.  They still do Fourth of July, but they get half of one aisle dedicated to Christmas decorations around the 3rd week of May and then it just steadily grows all the way through middle December.  It becomes full blown in August.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #757 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »

We are technically in the 3rd season. The show is probably due for a set change.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #758 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »

We are technically in the 3rd season. The show is probably due for a set change.

The 3rd season is about to wrap up.  There will be very little, if any, break before the 4th season begins which is set at the main character's place of employment and his preparations for his big move.  That will be the big driver of season 4.  It will be a seamless transition from Season 3 to Season 4.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #759 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »

Well, I might as well return for a guest appearance this season ...

Jeff, I think your going on a mission trip was fantastic. I'd like to do the same ... I have a child in India that I sponsor and it has been a rewarding experience just exchanging letters. If the organization is legitimate and vetted, sponsorship can indeed be a great thing.

Your sudden feelings of wanting to move to Kenya are just a result of the satisfaction from the trip -- if you don't stop talking this "I'm a Kenyan, Kenya is my home, I will be there in 1,045 days from now" crap, you're going to end up just like you did in every other situation that we've tried to help you with ... rushing into a scam job, rushing into an engagement, and now -- undoubtedly -- you will rush into moving off to another country. It's inevitable. All of your "I'm taking it slow" assurances are bullsh**t. We've seen this theme play out too many times.

Stop pretending that you're listening to God. You're not ... you're just excited from the trip. And if that IS God speaking to you, he's apparently a three-year-old with severe ADHD: "Oooh, yeah, a job with Australians, cool! Aww, yeah, marriage ... awesome! Bitchin', you can live in Africa!! Go go go go go!!!!!!!"

Someone said earlier that you don't have the qualifications to truly contribute long term there, which you brushed aside by saying that God has the qualifications. Er, sorry ... the dude has kind of let the place go, if you know what I mean. Don't expect any heavy lifting out of him.

We'll all plead with you to think it through, and this show will play out exactly how the others have. First, it'll be two years till the big move. Then 15 months. Then October. Then, before we know it, you and Tiffanye will be on an OnCompany-sponsored joyride to Nairobi.

Devoting more time to Kenya may well be your life's calling ... just slow down and stop talking like a goddamn fool. Countdowns are irrelevant, you're not a citizen there, and you're likely to get a lot more support if you seriously plan this out rather than having the full blueprint hacked out in less than a week.

And do yourself a favor and DON'T take advice from the friends who have nothing more to say than, "PUT IT IN GOD'S HANDS." They're dumb. God gave you a freaking brain for a reason. Use the thing. He's not a chauffeur -- you're driving this thing.

Oh, and thanks for keeping me as a Facebook buddy. In spite of the harshness of my replies, I do care :-)
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #760 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »

You don't know me, do you?  I think about holidays early.  Right after the Fourth of July, if not before, I will start having thoughts of Christmas.  I listen to Christmas music starting no later than 1 August.  I start shopping for Christmas decorations the weekend after Mother's Day as there is one chain store out here, Hobby Lobby, that starts putting out their Halloween, THanksgiving, and Christmas decorations in small quantities right before Memorial Day.  They still do Fourth of July, but they get half of one aisle dedicated to Christmas decorations around the 3rd week of May and then it just steadily grows all the way through middle December.  It becomes full blown in August.

Ah, Interesting Smiley.

Well, I'll stay tuned for the details of your next post Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #761 on: March 31, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »

The flashbacks I am having are just wonderful! J-Mann is back to give advice that will undoubtedly be ignored as we watch BushKy move his date to move closer and closer to now.

Like I said earlier, he is excited about the trip and wants to go back. We all get that feeling when we have a truly wonderful time, especially when we were 3 years old, "oh I want to move  there!"

And of course, he is probably asking the same people for advice that he asked when he took the ONCompany job and the like who told him to go on a leap of faith.

I often ponder the existence of god, especially after having a good cigar and a few PBRs. I do think, though, if there is a god, he wants us to use our brains that we were given as opposed to asking him to take our hand and walk us through our lives like a 2 year old. We make choices which will determine our lives, not god. The feelings we get are our basic human emotions, not god in heaven telling us what we need to think and believe.

If BushKy is meant to be in Kenya, things will likely turn out in his favor. But the signs don't point to that, if you want me to get religious. He just got a full time job he's been wanting with decent pay where he can finally take care of himself. He has a career, like he said. If he was meant to actually move to Kenya, I doubt any of this would have happened. He's merely relishing in the excitement of his first time leaving the country. When he asked god to give him a sign about whether it was he or god, and he thought more about it, it was basic human emotion to think about something we know we shouldn't be thinking about.

Deep down, BushKy knows this plan might not fly with his family but he's trying to justify it now before he has that dreaded talk.

I hope I don't miss the second cut of his Facebook list, because while I may not seem like it, I don't want to see BushOK fail and do something stupid. We've seen that enough. He seems to have gotten his life back in some sort of order and now he's standing on the edge of the cliff about to jump again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: March 31, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »

Well, I might as well return for a guest appearance this season ...

Jeff, I think your going on a mission trip was fantastic. I'd like to do the same ... I have a child in India that I sponsor and it has been a rewarding experience just exchanging letters. If the organization is legitimate and vetted, sponsorship can indeed be a great thing.

Your sudden feelings of wanting to move to Kenya are just a result of the satisfaction from the trip -- if you don't stop talking this "I'm a Kenyan, Kenya is my home, I will be there in 1,045 days from now" crap, you're going to end up just like you did in every other situation that we've tried to help you with ... rushing into a scam job, rushing into an engagement, and now -- undoubtedly -- you will rush into moving off to another country. It's inevitable. All of your "I'm taking it slow" assurances are bullsh**t. We've seen this theme play out too many times.

Stop pretending that you're listening to God. You're not ... you're just excited from the trip. And if that IS God speaking to you, he's apparently a three-year-old with severe ADHD: "Oooh, yeah, a job with Australians, cool! Aww, yeah, marriage ... awesome! Bitchin', you can live in Africa!! Go go go go go!!!!!!!"

Someone said earlier that you don't have the qualifications to truly contribute long term there, which you brushed aside by saying that God has the qualifications. Er, sorry ... the dude has kind of let the place go, if you know what I mean. Don't expect any heavy lifting out of him.

We'll all plead with you to think it through, and this show will play out exactly how the others have. First, it'll be two years till the big move. Then 15 months. Then October. Then, before we know it, you and Tiffanye will be on an OnCompany-sponsored joyride to Nairobi.

Devoting more time to Kenya may well be your life's calling ... just slow down and stop talking like a goddamn fool. Countdowns are irrelevant, you're not a citizen there, and you're likely to get a lot more support if you seriously plan this out rather than having the full blueprint hacked out in less than a week.

And do yourself a favor and DON'T take advice from the friends who have nothing more to say than, "PUT IT IN GOD'S HANDS." They're dumb. God gave you a freaking brain for a reason. Use the thing. He's not a chauffeur -- you're driving this thing.

Oh, and thanks for keeping me as a Facebook buddy. In spite of the harshness of my replies, I do care :-)

Oh, boy, where to start...

First off, this is not just a reaction to the trip.  God has put this desire and has confirmed it in my heart.  Another name for Jesus is the "Prince of Peace".  He is the author of peace, not anxiety and confusion.  He has given me total peace.

I do feel at home in Kenya, just as I feel at home in Oklahoma.  I can call Kenya my home if I want.  It's not going to speed things up.  You are saying it will go from 3 years to 2 years to 15 months to this Autumn.  In reality it has actually gone the other direction in the past 4 days.  First, I thought 15 months, then I thought 15-24 months, then 18-24 months, then 2 years solid, now its 3 years solid.  I just don't know exactly.  I have a pretty good sense of time, but I'm not God and He doesn't reveal His timetable to me.  I'm pretty sure it will be 2-3 years away, but God could make it 1 year or He could make it 4 or 5 years.  He doesn't ask me to worry about the details, He just wants me to be completely available and completely open to His direction.  The only thing He has confirmed is that I will eventually be in Kenya for a lifetime.  I'm putting my best guess on the timeline which could be completely wrong in either direction.  I am excited about going, and why shouldn't I be?  Downtown Kisumu and Nairobi as have been mentioned in the El Salvador vs. Kenya thread are actually decent cities with a lot of Western Amenities, especially in Nairobi and Mombasa.  I'm going to continue to do research on Kenya as much as I can without neglecting my responsibilities here in Oklahoma.  I still have work to do in Oklahoma (which is why the expanding timeline).  Everything I do now, is now in preparation for my big move, which is minimum 2 years, most likely 3 years away.  The reason it's not immediate is I made a commitment while in Kenya to be a big brother/uncle figure to a young lady here in Oklahoma City.  She is just about ready to turn 16 in June, and I have committed to be here with her, encouraging her, mentoring her as a brother would until she moves out of her mother's house and goes to college.  Having seen a glimpse of her heart, I wouldn't be suprised if she follows me to Kenya because I know her heart is there, as well.

I will keep seeking and heeding the advice of those who urge me to Put it in God's hands.  That is the most solid advice I have ever been given.  Yes, I have a brain and I'm going to use it, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to fully trust my God to perform what He said He is going to perform.

Jesse, there is another round of cuts coming in a couple weeks, but you are safe.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #763 on: March 31, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »

Bushie, you do need to worry about the details of your life. You're the one that has to live it. Somethings are beyond control, but to throw up your hands and say I'm going to let God handle it isn't helpful either. I think it's cool that you have a goal, and it's a welll-intentioned one. There is a lot of need for humanitarian work.  Have you talked to people who do this full-time so that you understand what you're working toward and what jobs are available?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #764 on: March 31, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »

Yes, I am going very fast in the research and developments of this new adventure, because, yes, I am very excited.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have been called full time to Kenya.  I don't know God's timeline, but I'm putting a minimum 30 months probably more like 36 months because of Christmas and the uncertainty of the Oklahoma winter.

As far as my career.  God gave me that career for a reason and it is so I can support my African children comfortably until such a time as I can get down there and bring them home to live with me.  My heart is truly in Kisumu, Kenya, and I will NOT apologize for calling Kenya home.  It is not going to make things go any faster.  In fact, in light of my mistakes in the past with the engagements and the On Company fiasco and such, my desire for Kenya is going to make me take my time and do this the right way.

I'm also thinking the fact I'm still single is not a coincidence and is not solely because of my mistakes.  God has kept me single so I can more easily follow Him to the ends of the earth as I won't have a family tagging along with me.

It's my love for my children and love for my new country that is going to actually make me take my time and do things right.  Plus, again, I still have obligations in Oklahoma.  I will always be an Okie no matter where I go.  I will never relinquish my American citizenship, I will just dual that along with a Kenyan citizenship.  Even after I move to Kenya, my work in Oklahoma will not be done.  My work in Kenya begins now, even though I am not moving down there for at least 2 1/2, most likely 3 or 3 1/2 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: March 31, 2012, 10:42:28 PM »

Bushie, you do need to worry about the details of your life. You're the one that has to live it. Somethings are beyond control, but to throw up your hands and say I'm going to let God handle it isn't helpful either. I think it's cool that you have a goal, and it's a welll-intentioned one. There is a lot of need for humanitarian work.  Have you talked to people who do this full-time so that you understand what you're working toward and what jobs are available?

Actually, yes, I have a friend from high school who moved to Kenya right after she graduated in 2002.  She is about to move to Nigeria in 3 months, but she knows what to look for in Kenya.  One of the first things I researched was their major industries, which are Agriculture and Telecommunications.  Telecom is very close to my degree field.  I am also talking a friend who just moved from Choctaw, Oklahoma to Cameroon, Africa.  Another friend who moved from Choctaw, Oklahoma to South Africa.  Yet, another friend who moved from Enid, Oklahoma to China.  So, I will have a good idea of what to expect and how to pull this move off with the least amount of pain.  Not to mention, the leader of Maisha is a native Kenyan who moved to Oklahoma City to start Maisha.  So, I can ask her what it is like to live in Kenya, because that's where she was born.  My main focus would be Maisha, so she would be an even better source as she can tell me what it is like to not only live in Kenya, but to work for Maisha.  I've got sources that I will pick their brains over the next few years.  I'm not void of communications.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #766 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

God gave me that career for a reason and it is so I can support my African children comfortably until such a time as I can get down there and bring them home to live with me.

So your expectation is that once you move there, these kids will move in with you, and you'll be one big happy family?  Don't you have to legally adopt them first?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #767 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »

God gave me that career for a reason and it is so I can support my African children comfortably until such a time as I can get down there and bring them home to live with me.

So your expectation is that once you move there, these kids will move in with you, and you'll be one big happy family?  Don't you have to legally adopt them first?

It will likely take time, but the process can begin.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #768 on: March 31, 2012, 11:57:19 PM »

I suppose the strength of people who are soooo blinkered by religion, they see everything, good-bad-indifferent as being from God, so take no responsibility for constant f*** ups.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: April 01, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »

I suppose the strength of people who are soooo blinkered by religion, they see everything, good-bad-indifferent as being from God, so take no responsibility for constant f*** ups.

It's stuff like this that I do ignore that is laughing at Christians and calling us stupid that it makes absolutely no sense.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #770 on: April 01, 2012, 12:40:55 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2012, 02:01:32 PM by Smash255 »

It's stuff like this that I do ignore that is laughing at Christians and calling us stupid that it makes absolutely no sense.

Planning to move halfway across the world on a whim because God "told" you to do so is what makes absolutely no sense.

Bushie, with all due respect, we have been down this road before, with on company, the vacuum thing and a bunch of other crap.  It is one thing to have strong religious feelings, that is fine, no one is saying otherwise.  

However, its a completely different story when you decide to suspend all rationale thought and critical thinking because you asked God and he "told" you to do something.  Its simply a very dangerous way to live and go about things, you have been burned by it many times before.  
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #771 on: April 01, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »

I, for one, strongly support BushOK's decision to move to Kenya and become a Kenyan.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #772 on: April 01, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »

As far as my career.  God gave me that career for a reason and it is so I can support my African children comfortably until such a time as I can get down there and bring them home to live with me.  

I'm glad that he did this for you and your African children. Obviously, there probably arent any starving children in Oklahoma, or even within a mile radius of you who need the food. God works in grand ways.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #773 on: April 01, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

How do Bushie threads always reach a million pages? The Update was >300!

Also, RON PAUL R3VOLUTION
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #774 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

How do Bushie threads always reach a million pages? The Update was >300!

Also, RON PAUL R3VOLUTION

Have you ever read anything remotely as fascinating as BushKy's story on these forums? On the internet in general? There's a reason he gets so many responses.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies