As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312213 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:13 AM »

I fully support Bushie becoming a Kenyan as long as his American citizenship is revoked.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #801 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2012, 06:43:31 AM by Mr. Morden »

How old are these kids again?  And do they even know that you're going to try to legally adopt them?  And what does the grandmother think of that?

EDIT: Also, *why* do you want to adopt them?  Can you give a one sentence to one paragraph explanation for why you want to adopt kids (while single), and why these kids in particular?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #802 on: April 02, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »

Well, BushOklahoma I wish you the best and truly hope that if you do move to Kenya that you wil be happy Smiley
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »

bushie isnt going to think this through.  he truly believes god is telling him to do this.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

While I am enjoying this season as much as all the others, I can't help but think the update show is jumping the shark. Bringing in new children, moving to an exotic location, increasingly unbelievable storylines. The telltale signs are all there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »

Can he even adopt the kids? I've heard of people sending money to Africa to support kids, but I've never heard of anyone moving there to adopt them. Will their grandmother let him? Do they even want him to be their "father?" Frankly, I'd be insulted if someone came into my life for a few weeks and called me his son because he was helping me out financially. And they might be cute now, but what about when the grow up and become rebellious, as all kids do? And college? University? I just hope they get a basic education which so few in Africa get.

BushKE seems to be treating this like it's an American style family situation just in Africa. These kids will have deeply seeded problems that have occurred in their past that will effect their future, and BusKE doesn't seem like the born leader that could step in and take care and motivate them when he still has his mom help him back before a trip. Will he even be allowed to adopt children given his behavior? And they don't just ask god if it's a good idea. They ask actual substance based questions.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »

What a great season so far. First, [the] jmfcst joins the cast and now these hilarious Kenyan developments.

the jmfcst was only making a cameo appearance. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »

Jeff, have you talked to an advisor/counselor about this yet?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

well, it would seem he doesn't go to a church that preaches against attempting to read God into everything.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »

well, it would seem he doesn't go to a church that preaches against attempting to read God into everything.

jmfcst is a no good secularist.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #810 on: April 02, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »

jmfcst is a no good secularist.

no, rather I am a Christian with a relationship with Christ that is in agreement with the scripture...which is why I am never put to shame when following him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #811 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

I'm far from an expert on theology, but isn't it heretical (or at least extremely unorthodox) to claim direct communication with God? After all, if you have a direct line to the big cheese, what's the point in having the organized religion at all? You could just have a heart to heart with the big man and sleep in on Sundays. I've got a feeling it's going to depend on what sect one subscribes to. It seems adherants never can agree on the details of their belief systems, even the important ones. From my limited experience, Bushie's position seem more in line with those of the blacks. To make an unfair generalization, they're much more into the whole God will call me, and make a path, and you just have to believe, etc. Never really known a white person with quite this angle on religion. But like I said, I'm no expert, so, somebody more into the Christian groove: please fill me in.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #812 on: April 02, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »

I'm far from an expert on theology, but isn't it heretical (or at least extremely unorthodox) to claim direct communication with God?

only if the new covenant is heretical and unorthodox:

Jer 31:31 “The days are coming,” declares the LORD,
   “when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
   and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
   I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
   to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
   though I was a husband to them,”
            declares the LORD.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
   after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
   and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
   and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
   or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know me,
   from the least of them to the greatest
,”
            declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
   and will remember their sins no more.”

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #813 on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »

So you've had a real one on one with the CEO of CEOs? What's the dude like? Seems awfully insecure for such a big shot, hiding behind ancient texts and requiring all the constant praise and attention and such. It doesn't seem to work out too well for Bushie or all the others who are denied basic human needs like clean water and shelter. And that's not even getting into all the natural disasters that wreck so many lives.  Next time you're on the phone with him, tell him to chill the f out with all that stuff. We could all use a little more stability in our lives.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #814 on: April 02, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2012, 03:50:49 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

So you've had a real one on one with the CEO of CEOs? What's the dude like?

He's full of grace...and communicates directly and very clearly.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #815 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »

i think others have raised a legitimate question:  what do the kids want?

how do we know they want to be adopted by a strange man from a strange place with a belief in a strange god?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #816 on: April 02, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

how do we know they want to be adopted by a strange man from a strange place with a belief in a strange god?

I'm interested in that answer as well. It seems as if these kids have a home, they are just very poor and BushKE is helping with the expenses. I am missing the step between that and actually moving to Africa to adopt them, which, it sounds like, he can't actually do if he will still be 7 hours from them since he will be working in a totally different area of the country. It's more like he'd be the father of kids of a woman he divorced and the court ruled he could only see them on weekends.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #817 on: April 02, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »

RE: Current status on Facebook

ao;iwdhf;ioawenfio;awhe'[jweipjanef'[panmweiopfnaowejfpa' wjefp'ajwef'pjaweopfjoawejf;aweojf;awefeoirupwquieriopu qwhefilbjkvbz,djbnvao;sidhfo;iawefhaweijlfhnjkzsbhgfuadyukfgawuil ehdfuiwerhyibwaefhawjkefaweuilbgfahkwebfjkawbefiuawebhfuiawelhfluiaw ehfuihaeifhauwdifycj

*dies*
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #818 on: April 02, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »

It's really not fair that the rest of us cannot see BushKE's facebook updates.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #819 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

Oh heavens
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #820 on: April 02, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »

I'm interested in that answer as well. It seems as if these kids have a home, they are just very poor and BushKE is helping with the expenses. I am missing the step between that and actually moving to Africa to adopt them, which, it sounds like, he can't actually do if he will still be 7 hours from them since he will be working in a totally different area of the country. It's more like he'd be the father of kids of a woman he divorced and the court ruled he could only see them on weekends.

He has a roof over his head and that's about it.  They told his grandmother that I would be sponsoring him and his younger sister, Mercy (my coordinator told me her name is Mercy, not Rose.)  She was elated and raised her hands to heaven and yelled "Thank you, God!"  I am not kidding.  The coordinator said that I have the right to call them my children because I am their sole means of financial support.  Their grandmother barely has enough for rent to keep a roof over their head, and that's it.

I just wrote Phelix a short one-page letter that I will get in the mail this week.  I could have written more, but I didn't want to overwhelm him.  I will write Mercy next Monday and then alternate Monday's writing both kids.  I will be getting a care package started this coming Saturday, 7 April with small stuff for them.  I will wait on the shoes and the new shirt until I find out their sizes.  I am going to hold a small "birthday party" for him here, even though he won't be here, but the presents people will bring will be care package items to send to him.  We're not going to go elaborate here, because J-Mann put it so well on facebook earlier, that the money spent on the birthday party would be better served going to him.  His birthday is 24 April, and he will be 7 years old.  I may just invite a few people over for sandwiches or something and make it a care package packing party.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #821 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »

Again, the Dell in Nairobi is just an option.  It is not the only option.  There are other employers in Kisumu that I can get on with.  I've got 3 years to figure that out.  Obviously, because of the 7 hour drive, I would prefer to work in Kisumu, but Nairobi is an option as it is much closer to Kisumu than Oklahoma City.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #822 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

So the coordinator says you can call them your children because you're sponsoring them, but you haven't actually told them that you plan to legally adopt them?  The grandmother is obviously thankful that you're sending them money, but has no idea that you intend to move to Kenya and try to get the kids to move in with you?

Have you talked to a single person who's adopted kids before to ask about their experience, and whether they think this is a good idea or not?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #823 on: April 02, 2012, 09:02:38 PM »

There's a difference between being happy someone will be providing for them and actually moving in with you and leaving their grandmother, you know? If I was poor and lived in the African countryside, I'd raise my hands and praise Jesus if I found out I was getting some support. What I don't understand is why you think they'd be okay leaving their grandmother and moving in with you. It's almost like the whole sponsoring thing is going way too far.

Look, I comment you for what you're doing. My family always does something around the holidays for local inner city kids who don't have much. That's a great thing. But I just don't understand the jumping shark from being their sponsor to calling yourself a Kenyan and calling them your children.

Will you be signing the card "dad?" have you met them?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #824 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2012, 09:46:04 PM by BushKenya »

I haven't told them that I plan to legally adopt them because I don't want to get their hopes up and make promises I can't keep.  I'm thinking along the lines that the grandmother is in her 80s which is already ancient by Kenyan standards.  Life expectancy for Kenyans is late 40s, maybe a little higher in Nairobi and Kisumu, but no more than mid 50s or 60.  From what I've heard she's not in the best health, so she could pass away at any time and then they would be left with nobody.  I'm thinking long term for these kids.  Naturally, I don't wish any ill will on the grandmother, and I wish her long life and great health, but I'm just looking at the facts, and as long as she is alive I will not take the kids away from her unless she becomes incapacitated and no longer able to care for the children.  I respect her authority over mine, but at the same time, I am providing their financial support so I am their father.  Since they have no father and their mother is dead, I feel easier about calling myself their daddy.  I will have my coordinator keep a check on the grandmother's health and if at anytime in the next 3 years she becomes incapacitated or unable to care for the children, then I will not hesitate to go down there sooner.  That is what I mean when I say that God can change the timeline.  I would prefer 3 years, but if the safety of the children requires me to be down there sooner, I will go down there sooner.  As a father, in whatever context you want to use that term, I love them as my own children and I will do everything I can to make sure they have as good of a life as possible.  As a parent, my focus is on those children.  Right now, I am working at Dell to provide for those children.  I feel like they are in my house, even though they are not physically in my house.  The $35 a month a piece i am giving them is just the minimum.  I love these children as my very own.

The bottom line is I refuse to let my children live on the streets or in the slums.  I will sacrifice my own future and my own comfort and even my own life if it means giving them a brighter future whether that's in Kenya or in America.

Yes, I will be signing the card "Love from your daddy in Oklahoma!"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies