As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312153 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: April 03, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.

I've been talking to several pastors, which are by definition, counselors.

What are their qualifications? What is their educational background? How does one become a pastor in your church?  You have failed to lay any foundation for stating that they are counselors or at least that their advice should be taken as seriously as ours.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #851 on: April 03, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »

I know what God has told me, and I am not backing down...I will continue to listen to my God and those who follow His Word.

but that's just it - you've never claimed to have been told anything by God, rather you've simply relied on interpreting signs.  You've brainwashed yourself into believing your own concoction.

in your opinion, what exactly is the following passage trying to tell us?

1Kings 19:11 The LORD said to Elijah, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.  Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #852 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »

You're going to have to eventually deal with non-Christians in this process.  It's probably better for you (and the children) if you talk to a counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist before you start the adoption process.

Think of how devastating it would be to both you and these 2 kids if you were told by the adoption agency halfway through the process that they don't think you're fit to adopt them.

It would spare both you and the children a lot of mental anguish if you find out first if you're emotionally/mentally capable of adopting 2 kids before you start the process.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #853 on: April 03, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.

I've been talking to several pastors, which are by definition, counselors.

Anyway, I'm done with updating this thread about this situation.  I will update the thread about other items, but not this anymore.  It's getting way too depressing and I know these answers are not being bathed in prayer before they are posted so I'm done.

Well not all pastors necessarily make for good counselors on all issues.  For both your well-being, and the well-being of these children, I think you should talk to a professional non-religious-focused person about this.

What's the harm in simply doing that?  You're going to have to meet with adoption agencies eventually... why not make sure you're fit to do this first?

In time.

see, if I were attempting to discern things by signs, I could see your reply as a sign you're demon possessed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #854 on: April 03, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »

I lied, I'm posting here again. I appreciate your advice, but the fact that you weren't there and did not experience what I experienced renders your suggestions as ideas.  As far as the adoption laws go, I have read those, but my God is bigger than any government. My God can do anything He wants. I know what God has told me, and I am not backing down. I will not break any laws, but God can do whatever He wants.  I am also not going to apologize for loving two children like my own kids or feeling what a parent feels. I am not going to apologize for love.  I do resent the accusations that I am mental in any way, because they are absolutely baseless and lies.  I have talked with several pastors, who are by definition counselors.  I refuse to go to a counselor who is not a Christian.  I will continue to listen to my God and those who follow His Word.

No one is making fun of you for loving those kids. I think I speak for all of us when I saw what you're doing by supporting them is commendable and shows your heart is in the right place. Those $35 a month you're sending will go a long way to hopefully improving those kids lives. I do think it is a bit much to claim you love them like a parent. You are infatuated with them. You have something you feel you can live for so you're throwing all you have into it. But you don't know what its like to hold a child in your arms, a child you created with someone you love that is part of you. That's a feeling I hope to have one day, but none of us without kids really know that, not you nor me.

My point, and I'm sure several others' is, that what you want to do is not legally possible. You don't just go to Africa and pick two children and call them your kids. You have to go through a huge process, a process you are already barred from even beginning, to adopt those kids and make them yours. Unless you get married before the grandmother dies, it won't happen. I don't care what you think god has told you. I guarantee you 100% the laws will not change miraculously in your favor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #855 on: April 03, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

You're going to have to eventually deal with non-Christians in this process.  It's probably better for you (and the children) if you talk to a counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist before you start the adoption process.

Think of how devastating it would be to both you and these 2 kids if you were told by the adoption agency halfway through the process that they don't think you're fit to adopt them.

It would spare both you and the children a lot of mental anguish if you find out first if you're emotionally/mentally capable of adopting 2 kids before you start the process.

He's barred from even getting that far. No single male can adopt those children. That law has been in place to prevent sex trafficking and molestation. He would never get past the first step, regardless of what god is telling him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #856 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

He's barred from even getting that far. No single male can adopt those children. That law has been in place to prevent sex trafficking and molestation. He would never get past the first step, regardless of what god is telling him.

With God all things are possible.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #857 on: April 03, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »

Not entirely sure what you think God is going to do here...

Gets the laws barring single males from adopting changed? Even if we assume God can do that, why would He have a law that protects against sex trafficking repealed so that one person can adopt two kids? I don't think that two kids being adopted is worth many more kids essentially being adopted as sex slaves. But I guess God has never had a problem giving the a-okay to pointless suffering before.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #858 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »

And the writers have found a re-introduce Susan. YAY WRITERS!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #859 on: April 03, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »

With God all things are possible.

Yes, but why do you think God is specifically going to intervene in this case?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #860 on: April 03, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »

Long time reader, first time commenter!

I think what Bushie is doing is commendable, but yeah, it's forbidden. Perhaps a compromise would be sending more money, maybe $135 instead of $35?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #861 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »

Is it possible a demon is at work here? These short, candid responses seem a bit disturbing. Maybe jmfcst is onto something.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #862 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

Will Bushie marry a Kenyan to simplify the process?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #863 on: April 03, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »

is this what is meant by the term 'going native?'
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #864 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »

By the way, BushOK did mention starting his full preparation for the Independence Day holiday very soon...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #865 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2012, 02:58:23 PM by Franzl »

He really is going insane. No sane person can: a.) Go to Kenya for a week and then decide that he not only wants to move there but also to become a naturalized citizen, b.) have the utter arrogance to call a couple of kids he barely knows his "children" because he spends a few $ a month on them, c.) not even know the name of one his "children"..., d.) believe that God will magically wave his wand and force the government of Kenya to change the law to give one chap from Oklahoma of all places his two "rightful children"...

Bushie, you may take offense at people suggesting you have issues, but I also find the way you're acting offensive. You don't take advice from people that didn't pray to receive it (basically because that advice is unfavorable to what YOU think you want to do (God has not told you to move to Kenya). You flat out refuse to see a non-Christian professional?

What kind of crazy world do you live in?

Sorry for that rant. I still maintain that you actually do mean well and have good intentions, but you really do seem to have gone off the deep end...
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #866 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2012, 03:26:41 PM by bullmoose88 »

Going? To use any language implying that the poster in question has only recently gone off the deep end or just suddenly become stupid is mind boggling.

I can't think of the terms I would like to use for this person but any term I would use normally would be an affront to all those people I usually deem fit for those adjectives.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #867 on: April 03, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

Per advice from a certain poster in authority, I am locking this thread. I'm not getting through to you nor you to me.  I will continue posting sans update.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: April 08, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »

Alright, folks, I can't help myself.  I live a very transparent life as you all know and it kills me not having a place to vent without clogging up other threads.  I'm going to reopen this thread and I will take whatever comments are dished out.  I will take them with a grain of salt, both positive and negative, and I will continue to take the friends who know me face to face more seriously than I take internet strangers.  Just to let you know so I don't get all worked up and so nobody else gets all worked up that I'm not listening to you because while i have poured out my life to you, none of you have ever met me face to face.  I will also say that I will also take the advice I get on facebook at face value.  There are some friends on there whose advice I trust more than others.  I just ask that you guys be civil when it comes to this.  Your advice does have a place in my mind, as well, as it challenges what I believe and usually ends up refining and solidifying what I believe.  There are times that it changes what I believe (such as Ameriplan and ON Company), and there are times when it solidifies what I believe and gets me to think in a different direction.  I promise you one thing, as well, that I will eventually seek professional help for what I'm dealing with.  It may not be immediate, because I can't afford it financially right now, but it will happen.  I had a professional psychologist from my 5th grade year through my 8th grade year to help me deal with my newly diagnosed Tourette's Syndrome.

A word to the moderators, namely Alcon, Inks, and Mikado, I ask that you allow me full reign of this thread.  If I feel it's going down hill too far, I will have enough sense to lock it for a time.  I will probably not lock it permanently, but if it gets too bad, I will lock it temporarily.  I just ask that I be allowed to vent on this thread, and I promise not to take things too seriously.

A word about where this conversation is going to be directed.  I am moving beyond the legality of adopting the children, we've talked about that at length and we've pretty much exhausted that.  I have other things that have developed and is regurgitated from previous episodes.  I will continue to talk about my kids and refer to them as such, but just know that in my heart they are my kids whether they will ever be legally or not.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #869 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »

I have other things that have developed and is regurgitated from previous episodes. 
Please elaborate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »

Some of you may have already seen on the Opinion of BushOklahoma thread, that while I am still planning to move to Kenya by 1 March 2015, that gives me plenty of time to pursue my Master's of Business Administration at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond.  I had already paid for my GMAT exam in Tulsa on Saturday 19 May 2012.  I thought about it, and I am going to follow through with that plan, because what is the worst they can say? No?  I have booked a motel room in Tulsa on Friday night, 18 May 2012 so I can drive up there after work Friday since I have to be at the testing center by 7:00 am that Saturday morning.  It is a 2 hour drive to Tulsa and it is recommended that I get a good breakfast before I take the test, so I would have to leave home by at least 4:00 am and get up at 3:00 am, which is way too early.  So, I'm going up there the night before so I can get a good night's sleep as well.

I'm going to try to get started this August on my MBA courses so I can be done by Spring 2014.  This MBA should help me not only in Kenya, but also if for some reason I have to stay in Oklahoma City longer or wherever else I may end up.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #871 on: April 08, 2012, 08:23:08 PM »

Pursuing education is always a great idea and the MBA is a solid degreee- best of luck on the exam
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #872 on: April 08, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »

Are you going to study for the GMAT or is the magical sky wizard going to grant you a high score?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »

I will study, Nagas.

Thanks, Clarence.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp