As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:43:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312162 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: April 30, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »

So you would consider the hipster churches to be preaching heresy?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1151 on: April 30, 2012, 11:42:56 PM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

No, it would mean I read it wrong.  I don't forsee that happening, though.

But didn't you say he verbally spoke to you?

Exactly.  Read two things - read the second sentence of the quoted post and read my previous post in response to jmfcst's question.

OK.  But you said he spoke to you.  If he verbally spoke to you, what exactly did he say?  "Jeff, go to Kenya" or something you ahd to interpret?

I am not going to keep answering your questions. Obviously, you either don't belive that God still speaks to His children or you refuse to accept any answer I provide. I know what God told me so people need to accept that.

Besides, this forum thinks the only acceptable answer is to stay in Oklahoma. They refuse to consider that God sometimes asks His children to do things that go against societal thinking.

No one is suggesting that your only options in life is the hell hole of a state you live in or Kenya..

What is being said is you should actually think rationally about what it instead of deciding what you want to do and labeling it as God told you to do it. 

You seem to have such strong feelings about certain things that you convince yourself God is telling you to do something when in fact no such thing is happening.  We have been down this road before, it never ends well....
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1152 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »

You really should be more tolerant of BushOK's faith.

Why can't you trust that God is telling him to go to Kenya?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1153 on: May 01, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

Exactly.  Read two things - read the second sentence of the quoted post and read my previous post in response to jmfcst's question.

OK.  But you said he spoke to you.  If he verbally spoke to you, what exactly did he say?  "Jeff, go to Kenya" or something you ahd to interpret?

I am not going to keep answering your questions. Obviously, you either don't belive that God still speaks to His children or you refuse to accept any answer I provide. I know what God told me so people need to accept that.

Besides, this forum thinks the only acceptable answer is to stay in Oklahoma. They refuse to consider that God sometimes asks His children to do things that go against societal thinking.

No one is suggesting that your only options in life is the hell hole of a state you live in or Kenya..

What is being said is you should actually think rationally about what it instead of deciding what you want to do and labeling it as God told you to do it. 

You seem to have such strong feelings about certain things that you convince yourself God is telling you to do something when in fact no such thing is happening.  We have been down this road before, it never ends well....

How are 100% certain that God is not calling me to Kenya?  You may have strong feelings against it yourself (representing the forum at-large), and that's fine. Opposing views are needed, encouraged, and I do welcome it.  What is true, though, is when it all boils down, you are just as certain that I should not go to Kenya as I am that I should go.  Because of that, I would like for the forum to tell me why I shouldn't go aside from telling me "God is not calling you".  You want me to give you tangible facts as to why I believe I am to go, which I have by telling you my purpose of going down there.  Return the favor and give me tangible facts and evidence as to why I should not go and leave the "God is not calling you" crap at home.  I will listen to opposing views if they are, not necessarily bathed in prayer (that was an anger reaction), but filled with tangible facts and evidence.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1154 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »

Maybe your FB friends, who think going to Kenya is the only acceptable answer are in the wrong?

Well, it only makes sense to listen to FB friends. It's so much easier to get the answer you need, when you've purged those who don't share the same opinion. That's why I still have a ton of a-holes on my facebook.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1155 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »

Maybe your FB friends, who think going to Kenya is the only acceptable answer are in the wrong?

Well, it only makes sense to listen to FB friends. It's so much easier to get the answer you need, when you've purged those who don't share the same opinion. That's why I still have a ton of a-holes on my facebook.

So does Bushie.....believe me.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1156 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:45 AM »

I'm talking about the kind who tell me things I don't want to hear.. you know, opposite sides of the story.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1157 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »

I'm talking about the kind who tell me things I don't want to hear.. you know, opposite sides of the story.

Oh, well his a-holes just agree with everything...... Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1158 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »

How are 100% certain that God is not calling me to Kenya?  You may have strong feelings against it yourself (representing the forum at-large), and that's fine. Opposing views are needed, encouraged, and I do welcome it.  What is true, though, is when it all boils down, you are just as certain that I should not go to Kenya as I am that I should go.  Because of that, I would like for the forum to tell me why I shouldn't go aside from telling me "God is not calling you".  You want me to give you tangible facts as to why I believe I am to go, which I have by telling you my purpose of going down there.  Return the favor and give me tangible facts and evidence as to why I should not go and leave the "God is not calling you" crap at home.  I will listen to opposing views if they are, not necessarily bathed in prayer (that was an anger reaction), but filled with tangible facts and evidence.

Right...

You're confusing frustration with your constant avoidable mistakes with something against people of faith or who claim some kind 'connection' to God.

What is clear, is that you are immature for someone your age, you rely on others to justify your decisions, you have people around you who coddle you and who encourage you to not have any FAITH IN YOURSELF. Instead to put faith in something else...

This is your first overseas trip, you enjoyed it  and that's great. However, you've taken it to an extreme conclusion. What you're probably feeling is wanderlust, this is especially true when it's your first real excursion away from home. It's a sign that you're ready to experience MORE, but that doesn't mean that you have to shift your entire life to that extent. And I think that's telling of your immaturity, that you are unable to recognise that.

You maybe don't realise how sheltered your life has been?

As to the evidence... of course I cannot tell you that God isn't telling you to go, any more than you can tell me that God is telling you to go... because I believe you're trying to justify your misdirected wanderlust as God-driven... as opposed to enjoying your time away and you think the way to make yourself feel that all the time... is to return full time.

Moving to a foreign country is hard... you need to prove that YOU can do a job that no one in Kenya can do. Not impossible but Kenya is one of the most IT-savvy country in sub-Saharan Africa, plus Kenya is also being flooded with MBAs from the Middle-East and other parts of Africa.

Now, the thing about the children... you are a sponsor parent... but in no way does that give you any kind of parental rights, nor should it. A single-man CANNOT adopt children under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You may want evidence as to why God isn't telling you... but that's you trying to not face the cold hard facts.

You might want to look at this as being cruel... but the fact you're going into this with such clear blinkers on... someone needs to make sure you're aware of the sheer facts...

So for God's sake, go experience more of the world, wanting that feeling of a new place and sensation is very important and it's a great learning experience.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1159 on: May 01, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »

BushOK, don't listen to the naysayers on atlas who would have you contradict God's message to you.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1160 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »

i have a HUGE opportunity too. wink wink, nudge nudge
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1161 on: May 01, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »

So for God's sake, go experience more of the world, wanting that feeling of a new place and sensation is very important and it's a great learning experience.

Yeah, I wonder if Bushie would consider visiting one other non-Western country before deciding that the first one he visits is where he wants to spend the rest of his life.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1162 on: May 01, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »

Calm down - I didn't see you ever answer the question.  I'm merely asking, specifically (as in a quote, or close to it) what God said.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »

Calm down - I didn't see you ever answer the question.  I'm merely asking, specifically (as in a quote, or close to it) what God said.

I apologize for getting up in arms about it.

The quote was "I have prepared you for 30 years for this big move.  Be still, and know that I am God, Be strong and of a good courage.  I have work left for you in Oklahoma, but you will not be a permanent resident of Oklahoma.  These men at Maisha need your help.  Don't worry about how you will get down there and don't worry about anything, I've got you in my arms.  Every hair on your head is numbered.  I know every thing about every one of your days before they even happen.  Be Still, and Know that I am GOD."
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

When did she speak to you?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »

I apologize for getting up in arms about it.

The quote was "I have prepared you for 30 years for this big move.  Be still, and know that I am God, Be strong and of a good courage.  I have work left for you in Oklahoma, but you will not be a permanent resident of Oklahoma.  These men at Maisha need your help.  Don't worry about how you will get down there and don't worry about anything, I've got you in my arms.  Every hair on your head is numbered.  I know every thing about every one of your days before they even happen.  Be Still, and Know that I am GOD."

Yikes... God sounds like he does in the 10 Commandments!... and the Simpsons.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

He spoke to me the night I got home on Monday, 26 March 2012 and reinforced the next morning and throughout the remainder of March.

A graduate degree update:  I am going to postpone my Master's Degree.  I'm not cancelling it, but I am going to postpone it for a year or so.  With my new work schedule, I have to work Saturdays 8-7 beginning this Saturday, 5 May.  My GMAT exam was scheduled for Saturday, 19 May 2012.  I did not feel like taking vacation for that, so I am going to push it back a year to beginning in August 2013.  In the next 15 months, I am going to focus a lot on getting certifications which will help my career here more than an MBA will.  I am getting the MBA to give myself a better opportunity in Kenya.  I have, for now, postponed the GMAT exam until probably next Spring (date uncertain) and pushed the MBA to start August 2013.  This will probably push me going to Kenya until Autumn 2015 or possibly Spring 2016, but I am still going, but it may not be quite when I thought.

Speaking of certifications:  I've already passed my ITIL v3 last Wednesday and I am taking my Security+ exam tomorrow in West Edmond.  I will probably try to get another certification maybe in September or October and one more before Christmas.  The ITIL and Security+ are required for my job.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

Skip the degree and certifications and just go off to Africa now.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »

A month from now, the MBA will be pushed back to the spring of 2014, Kenya to 2016, and this will continue in such fashion until Bushie's hallucinations God gives him a new goal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: May 01, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »

A month from now, the MBA will be pushed back to the spring of 2014, Kenya to 2016, and this will continue in such fashion until Bushie's hallucinations God gives him a new goal.

We shall see!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1170 on: May 01, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

I've still got a lot of work to do in Oklahoma, first!
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

I've still got a lot of work to do in Oklahoma, first!
No. Bringing the word to the dark continent should be your first priority.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1172 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »

I couldn't hold it any longer.  I only switched to the Republican Party to vote in their primary.  I am switching back to the Democratic Party where my views are more closely aligned.  I am still voting for Mitt Romney, but only narrowly over President Obama.  We don't have the best choices, but we don't have the worst choices this year, either.

If President Obama wins, I will not be disappointed at all.

I am voting for Mitt Romney, but Democratic, most likely, on most of the downballot races.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1173 on: May 01, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »

Why didn't you choose Paul instead? He'd actually be conservative unlike Mittens.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1174 on: May 02, 2012, 02:47:24 AM »

I like letting 15-20 pages pop up in this thread and then settling in for a nice read. It's a good way to unwind.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies