As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:19:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312112 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »

Since we are here to promote logic, it is undeniable that both the OT and NT believe in a coming Judgment.  And the both the OT and NT state that the old covenant would be superseded by a new covenant.  So both OT and NT are on the same page.

To claim the underlying mindset of the bible is the work of multiple minds, is to be purposely dismissive of its deeply embedded connectivity and cohesiveness that is either explicitly stated or can be logically deduced.  And such purposeful ignorance would be most illogical, Councilor Torie.

Clearly, the books of the bible have to have a single author because they deeply profound and are interdependent, not standing on their own - much like the forces of nature are interdependent.  One would not claim the forces of nature themselves are the collaboration of the followers of science, that would be absurd – the laws are too remarkable, too profound to be the work of the human mind, and too interwoven to be the work of a committee, esp a committee of several dozen throwbacks seperated by a timespan of hundreds or even thousands of years.

How does this account for multiple competing creation stories in Genesis and the use of different names for God in sequence?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1201 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 11:50:55 AM by Torie »

If God were the author of it all, he is a bit of a schizophrenic himself - an ass kicking martinet into capital punishment one day, and a forgiving loving type the next - a veritable Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Torie, Torie, Torie...the executions of the OT are a prefiguration of the coming Judgement, and serve as examples to warn us that we can't mock God.

Or the author or authors, in either the first draft, or the modified draft, or the one that was interlineated by someone later due to marketing needs at the time, which interlineations then became part of the text, were just in a bad mood that day. So many possibilities, so little time.

Since we are here to promote logic, it is undeniable that both the OT and NT believe in a coming Judgment.  And the both the OT and NT state that the old covenant would be superseded by a new covenant.  So both OT and NT are on the same page.

To claim the underlying mindset of the bible is the work of multiple minds, is to be purposely dismissive of its deeply embedded connectivity and cohesiveness that is either explicitly stated or can be logically deduced.  And such purposeful ignorance would be most illogical, Councilor Torie.

Clearly, the books of the bible have to have a single author because they deeply profound and are interdependent, not standing on their own - much like the forces of nature are interdependent.  One would not claim the forces of nature themselves are the collaboration of the followers of science, that would be absurd – the laws are too remarkable, too profound to be the work of the human mind, and too interwoven to be the work of a committee, esp a committee of several dozen throwbacks seperated by a timespan of hundreds or even thousands of years.

Read this book and get back to me jmfcst, which got kick ass reviews. Sometimes, securing a greater understanding and knowledge requires reading more than one book. I'm about half way through it myself. I am going slowly, because I am reading the sometimes rather complex text closely. Hey, after you have read it, we can discuss it on the religion board if you like. Beyond God's vacillations on whether to be hard or soft on crime, another is the oscillations between Apocalypse now, Apocalypse later, and what Apocalypse, we have better things to do than waste time on such idle speculations as to whether or not we need to worry about paying off our debts because the secular world might end before the notes we made become due. It's all there. Cheers.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1202 on: May 03, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »

Read this book and get back to me jmfcst, which got kick ass reviews. Sometimes, securing a greater understanding and knowledge requires reading more than one book. I'm about half way through it myself. I am going slowly, because I am reading the sometimes rather complex text closely. Hey, after you have read it, we can discuss it on the religion board if you like. Beyond God's vacillations on whether to be hard or soft on crime, another is the osscillations between apocolypse now, apocolypse  later, and well, we have better things to do than waste time on such idle speculations as whether we need to worry about paying off our debts or not because the secular world might end before the notes we made become due. It's all there. Cheers.

You want me to read that book?  How about I allow you to finish gleaning and arming yourself with this book’s great knowledge, written, I am sure, by an author with ever surpassing insight.  How about I just kick my feet up until you decide when you’re ready to rumble.  At such time, you and your BENGAY-lubed mind can bring whatever books you want to the fight.  

I, on the other hand, will bring with me my usual ordnance: I will stand with belt of truth buckled around my waist, with the breastplate of righteousness and love in place, and the hope of salvation as a helmet, in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left.  But my weapons are not the weapons of this world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds, to expose foolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And I will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1203 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 12:00:44 PM by Torie »

You are not going to read the book then jmfcst?  Are you fearful of reading material that might challenge your beliefs?  Be brave jmfcst. Courage is the most noble of virtues. I am never so happy as when I am reading texts written by very smart people on the Left. Being challenged, and then challenged some more, turns me on. How about you?

In any event, it is more productive if a discussion focuses on one text at a time.  That way there is a common point of departure. It keeps matters focused. Focus is our friend.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1204 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 01:50:54 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

You are not going to read the book then jmfcst?  Are you fearful of reading material that might challenge your beliefs?  Be brave jmfcst. Courage is the most noble of virtues. I am never so happy as when I am reading texts written by very smart people on the Left. Being challenged, and then challenged some more, turns me on. How about you?

In any event, it is more productive if a discussion focuses on one text at a time.  That way there is a common point of departure. It keeps matters focused. Focus is our friend.

Dude, the fact that you’re even reading that book, searching for an argument against the bible, is a sign that you are the one living in fear.  Me?  I don’t have that problem, for God has provided my provision, and I have come off the bench stone cold into battle countless times, unaware of what arguments lie before me, and being armed with only the bible for knowledge…yet I’ve never met an adversary whose arguments could forge against me what we Christians call “a prosperous weapon”.  I do however long for a good challenge, so I can only hope, with the entire world’s knowledge at your disposal to muster against me, that there might be some argument you could find that’s up to the task.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1205 on: May 03, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 12:33:13 PM by Torie »

I was not anticipating some sort of sanguinary gladiatorial fight to the death for the amusement of the mob jmfcst, but rather something more on the lines of a civil discussion, with a common point of departure. Some other time perhaps.  

Oh, you are ascribing motives to me vis a vis the book that are errant, but I digress.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1206 on: May 03, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »

I was not anticipating some sort of sanguinary gladiatorial fight to the death for the amusement of the mob jmfcst

wrong movie, bro

---

but rather something more on the lines of a civil discussion, with a common point of departure.

dude, after reading it, just wake me up when you're willing to bring forth what you consider to be the book's best arguments. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1207 on: May 03, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1208 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1209 on: May 04, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1210 on: May 05, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »

How is that a new story line?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: May 05, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

When you present your saga/novel to a publisher, the first thing they will say is to lose this section, which is repetitive, and mundane, unless of course you obsess to the point where it becomes yet another interesting exploration of a portfolio of psychological disorders. In other words, if you are going to go there, it had better be good.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1212 on: May 05, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »

In the BushOK movie, his Christmas obsession would be something shown in the opening credit montage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: May 05, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »

It's definitely not new as in brand spanking new, but it is a change from the storyline of the past 30 pages or so.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1214 on: May 05, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »

Christmas isn't for more than 6 months...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1215 on: May 05, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

That's not a new storyline, that's a recurring symbol.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1216 on: May 05, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

When you present your saga/novel to a publisher, the first thing they will say is to lose this section, which is repetitive, and mundane, unless of course you obsess to the point where it becomes yet another interesting exploration of a portfolio of psychological disorders. In other words, if you are going to go there, it had better be good.
I think it functions as comedic relief, to balance out the other heavy stuff that Bushie talks about.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1217 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:21 PM »

Christmas isn't for more than 6 months...

What's that got to do with it? Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1218 on: May 05, 2012, 04:50:37 PM »

The trivial is planned months in advance, the major decisions of one's life are done impulsively on the spur of the moment. That might not be the best path to the most self actualizing life - either in the serving of others, and most importantly yourself, because if you don't adequately serve yourself, in general you will be rather unfit to serve others. Just a thought.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1219 on: May 05, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »

The trivial is planned months in advance, the major decisions of one's life are done impulsively on the spur of the moment.

Spot on and a nice succinct summary of the thread(s).  Our friend Bushie tries to couch his leaps with a sense of order and planning but usually he just becomes impatient and plunges.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1220 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

The trivial is planned months in advance, the major decisions of one's life are done impulsively on the spur of the moment.

Spot on and a nice succinct summary of the thread(s).  Our friend Bushie tries to couch his leaps with a sense of order and planning but usually he just becomes impatient and plunges.

Because God said his impatient and irrational whims are His will.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1221 on: May 06, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »

Bushie, good news!  Your fellow countryman won the Pittsburgh Marathon today!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1222 on: May 06, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »

Very cool! Smiley

You know, people may call me crazy for my very early start on Christmas, but as I told someone on facebook yesterday or the day before, I love being crazy. Smiley

As you may have found out, I like to do things that are not ordinary.  I don't like running with the crowd.  I like to stand out and be different, even if I stick out like a sore thumb.  Moving to Kenya is definitely not ordinary.  Starting Christmas before Memorial Day is definitely not ordinary.  Counting down to all kinds of dates is definitely not ordinary.  You know what, though?  All of those things are what makes me who I am.  I am proud to be different.  I am proud to swim upstream.  I may fall flat on my face every now and then, but that will never stop me from being different.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1223 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 11:48:00 AM by Severe Simfan34 »

These stupid Kenyans, they just let all of them run, if we had better resources we'd be winning!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: May 06, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »

Tomorrow, Monday, 7 May 2012 at 13:00, I will be meeting with the Maisha Founder and Kenya Team Coordinator at her office in Downtown, Oklahoma City.  I'm super excited about meeting with her as we get a prayer plan and a game plan together for this major endeavor.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies