Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 07:39:07 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 84422 times)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:08 am »
Ignore

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

Does this happen outside of movies?

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

Apparently, it does still happen because I will be picking up the money in 90 minutes from right now.  No, I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:14 am »
Ignore

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

No, it happens all the time according to my email inbox.  The next step involves Bushie giving his personal information and bank account number to the anonymous donor so he can transfer the money.

Apparently, it does still happen because I will be picking up the money in 90 minutes from right now.  No, I am not going to give any PII (personally identifiable information) to this donor.  I am not even going to see the donor, the donor is giving it to a 3rd party who will give it to me.  It will be in the form of a regular check.

Sounds like one of those Nigerian scams I get all the time.   

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 15, 2012, 08:48:49 am »
Ignore

Sounds like one of those Nigerian scams I get all the time.   

Nope, not anywhere close.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:34 am »
Ignore

Glad to hear you have a sponsor for your trip.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
Ignore

Why do people abbreviate things when they are just going to tell us what it means anyways?

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 15, 2012, 10:48:55 am »
Ignore

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:35 am »
Ignore

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

No no no, Torie.......fleecing the donors is the game......got it now? 

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 15, 2012, 10:59:55 am »
Ignore

It is very possible, even close to likely, that within the next 24-96 hours, my return trip to Kenya in March 2013 will be completely PAID IN FULL!!!  That is the big fleece I put out at the very end of March 2012 when I first got home from Kenya, that my trip would be completely paid for by the first meeting this fall.  Pfffff, my God can do better than that!! I got a call last week that an anonymous donor who will not give me their name or contact information, is going to give me through a mutual friend the money for me to go again.  I am going to pick up the money at 10:00 am on Tuesday and have it deposited in my account shortly after that!

How did this prospective "donor" become aware of your "need?"  Did you advertise or something? I am not sure what the text, "[t]hat is the big fleece I put out at the end of march 2012" means. Is this some reference to the golden fleece?

the donor probably just heard about it through the grapevine, considered it a good cause, and decided to pony up the funds out of his good heart

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 15, 2012, 11:01:27 am »
Ignore

No no no, Torie.......fleecing the donors is the game......got it now? 

Bushie would use a verb that connotes an unethical separation of someone from their money?  I have not noticed that confession is a major part of Bushie's religious portfolio for starters.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 15, 2012, 11:18:12 am »
Ignore

the donor probably just heard about it through the grapevine, considered it a good cause, and decided to pony up the funds out of his good heart

BINGO.  I just got the check an hour ago and have it deposited in my account.  As soon as the funds become fully available, I am going to send it in to Maisha and have the trip paid for.

My guess, it was probably someone from the church we are going with (the same church we went with this past March).

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »
Ignore

I hear the cops are on the way to Bushie's house now Smiley

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 15, 2012, 01:18:58 pm »
Ignore

I hear the cops are on the way to Bushie's house now Smiley

I highly doubt that...this donor story is one story that is completely believable from my experiences.  And if the check were bad, Bushie wouldn't be the one in trouble.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 15, 2012, 04:25:52 pm »
Ignore

hmmmm...if Bushie's calling keeps landing him cash, something everyone wants, maybe the Forum will start believing him...

HOFSTEDDER: I'm still having these dreams, Doctor, and I
still can't stop myself from believing them.

DOCTOR: I've told, Mr. Hofstedder, to believe in one's
dreams is a manifestation of insanity.  And the sooner you
accept this, the sooner you will get well.

HOFSTEDDER: But I dreamed the Archangel appeared and
whispered into my ear and told me where to find a Golden
Wonka Ticket.

DOCTOR: And what exactly did he say?

HOFSTEDDER: Well what difference does that make?  This was a
dream, a fantasy.  I mean, you said just now--

DOCTOR: Shut up, Hofstedder, and tell me where the ticket
is!

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:58 pm »
Ignore

Bushie can I have the lottery numbers for tomorrow Roll Eyes

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »
Ignore

Bushie can I have the lottery numbers for tomorrow Roll Eyes

I don't play the lottery, so you'll have to find someone else.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:39 am »
Ignore

From reading the theological debate between jmfcst and Bushie several pages back, my understanding is that "fleece" has some kind of theological connotation related to asking for a sign from God.  If I'm reading that exchange correctly, then the Church of BushOK suggests that one ask God for specific signs to help one figure out what God's directions are, whereas the Church of jmfcst says that that's nonsense, and God's directions are already spelled out in the Bible.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:01 am »
Ignore

Fleece refers to Gideon who didn't believe an angel and hung out a fleece to test God's will to see if the angel was telling him an actual message from God, or whether the angel was bs'ing him. If you're interested enough for details, you can probably find more info through google, without too much difficulty.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 16, 2012, 06:22:43 am »
Ignore

Fleece refers to Gideon who didn't believe an angel and hung out a fleece to test God's will to see if the angel was telling him an actual message from God, or whether the angel was bs'ing him. If you're interested enough for details, you can probably find more info through google, without too much difficulty.

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 16, 2012, 07:33:05 am »
Ignore

That's where it comes from.  I was encouraged to put out a fleece by one of the men who went with us on the trip.

And it worked, someone got fleeced!!!!!!!

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:29 pm »
Ignore

Is someone messing with Bushie?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »
Ignore

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:11 pm »
Ignore

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:56 pm »
Ignore

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!

glad to hear.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:41 am »
Ignore

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:30 am »
Ignore

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

It's true though.. I'm sure the money would go much further just being donated.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout