Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 03:44:54 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 84453 times)
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:45 am »
Ignore

But you have to learn from your mistakes or you will never succeed at anything! Life is about successes and failures, and every time we fail, we have to learn from those mistakes.

And you're still under the impression you will adopt these kids when the laws clearly say you cannot!
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:08 am »
Ignore

But you have to learn from your mistakes or you will never succeed at anything! Life is about successes and failures, and every time we fail, we have to learn from those mistakes.

I am learning.  I'm just very hard-headed.

And you're still under the impression you will adopt these kids when the laws clearly say you cannot!

I'm no longer under that impression, unless I can find a Kenya wife, which is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.  I know what the law says, and I am going to respect the law.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:29 am »
Ignore

I know what its like to be hard headed. I am hard headed myself, but I am not beyond learning from my mistakes and failures. I still think if you are 100% sure you are going to move to Kenya, you should go now. Delaying it will only hurt any progress you can make in the US because you will constantly be looking to Kenya and in turn, constantly lose you job. That will only make it harder to move in 2-3 years.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:52 am »
Ignore

So, I should not have followed my dream and gone to Africa?  Just because I have a job, does not mean I have to discard every dream or ambition I have ever had.

you obligations come before your dreams, even more so since you are under commandment from God to work for your employer as if you were working for Chirst himself.  

If you don't fulfill your obligations, you will never see your dreams fulfilled.  But, most of all, God is not going to bless and honor you, much less your dreams, if you don't honor your obligations.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:55 am »
Ignore

Bushie, do your church friends share your opinion concerning who is responsible for your employment history?  And if so, can we still conclude their opinions are "bathed in prayer"?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 24, 2012, 12:06:37 pm »
Ignore

Bushie, do your church friends share your opinion concerning who is responsible for your employment history?  And if so, can we still conclude their opinions are "bathed in prayer"?

They definitely know that it's my responsibility, and so do I.  However, they still feel that dreams are not to be discarded or shoved to the backseat in favor of employment.

BTW, I am still not taking responsibility for being let go at Dell.  Sure, I made some mistakes, but everybody makes mistakes.

I seriously doubt that following my dream to go to Kenya was what doomed me.  I think it was getting sick and obeying doctor's orders after I came back that ultimately cost me.  Even then, I'm not 100% sure that's what cost me.  It likely played a part, but it wasn't the sole reason.  Especially when other people got let go.  It just coincided with Dell's stock plunging pretty low.  My Dad saw this coming long before I even mentioned Kenya.  He's pretty keen on the economic side of things and he saw this coming.  He sees a lot more growth  potential with Apple/Xerox than there was even with Dell and a million times more than ONG.  He is very excited that I am going to work for Xerox (which was his idea, as soon as he heard that i was going to be laid off from Dell, he grabbed the newspaper, Mom gave him an ink pen and he found Xerox and circled it and then immediately drove 13 miles to my house and dropped the paper off on my computer desk.  I called him that evening (Sunday evening) and said I was going to go up there first thing Monday.  I applied online at Xerox at 10:00 am on Monday and was up there by 11:20 am and passed the assessment with flying colors (having little previous knowledge of Apple products), and flew through the first interview and the second interview with the hiring manager, and was sat down at a computer to wait for my new hire documents and then took the drug test).  But, again, my father saw this coming and really was not all that suprised by it.  Was he disappointed? Sure, but he never once has blamed me for it.  He's extremely excited about Xerox.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 24, 2012, 12:15:54 pm »
Ignore

Until you take responsibility for your failures, you'll never learn from them.

You were one of the first to be let go from Dell because of your trip. You didn't give off the aura that you were a dedicated employee given your past behavior and that the reason you were laid off if they were downsizing. Since you were promoted just before being let go, I doubt it was your performance on the job. It was your nonchalant attitude. Taking 3 weeks off to go to Kenya. Staying out sick when you got back. Those things together add up. They saw you more as a liability than an asset to the workplace.

And dreams are not to be discarded, but they are to be put behind stable employment and realistic goals. You can have a dream and keep it in mind, but you need to work hard a what you're doing in order to make that dream a reality. You aren't. Instead, you're simply focusing on kenya, going back there next year, and letting your real life slip away. That's why you need to go to Kenya now if you don't plan to change anytime soon. That, or you will be forced to change now that your parents are no longer supporting you financially whenever you screw up.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 24, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »
Ignore

A massive company's stock taking a short-term beating doesn't cause them to axe a few people from a contracted call center.

And not taking responsibility for your dismissal is the whole problem.

Sorry but those two things are true.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:28 pm »
Ignore

Bushie's Daddy is apparently a financial seer. Who knew?

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 24, 2012, 12:50:54 pm »
Ignore

And it's safer to work for a call center for Xerox, than it ever would be at ONG. Because if there is one thing we all know, natural gas is going away, and FAST!

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 24, 2012, 12:55:49 pm »
Ignore

Until you take responsibility for your failures, you'll never learn from them.

You were one of the first to be let go from Dell because of your trip. You didn't give off the aura that you were a dedicated employee given your past behavior and that the reason you were laid off if they were downsizing. Since you were promoted just before being let go, I doubt it was your performance on the job. It was your nonchalant attitude. Taking 3 weeks off to go to Kenya. Staying out sick when you got back. Those things together add up. They saw you more as a liability than an asset to the workplace.

And dreams are not to be discarded, but they are to be put behind stable employment and realistic goals. You can have a dream and keep it in mind, but you need to work hard a what you're doing in order to make that dream a reality. You aren't. Instead, you're simply focusing on kenya, going back there next year, and letting your real life slip away. That's why you need to go to Kenya now if you don't plan to change anytime soon. That, or you will be forced to change now that your parents are no longer supporting you financially whenever you screw up.

I may have made some mistakes.  I'm not disputing that.  However, I don't believe that following my heart to Kenya was a mistake.

Yes, I was focused on moving to Kenya, but the fundamental reason I was not going to move right away remains the same, I don't have the funds to pull off the move.  I have to work here and make money so I can fund the trip in 2-3 years time.  Making less money now with Xerox, means I will just have to work a little harder and take advantage of any overtime that is offered.  Plus, I will have several holidays approaching in which I can make double time-and-a-half, such as July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.  The last 6 months of the year have holidays every other month at least.

If you expect me to express any kind of regret, you can forget about it, because I have no regrets.

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 24, 2012, 02:05:56 pm »
Ignore

You can learn from mistakes while not having regrets. Many things I have failed at in the past are things I don't regret doing, but I learned from them all the same.

And you have proved my point. By looking ahead or investing all your time and energy into focusing on Kenya, you are actually hurting your chances of ever moving there and hurting the money those kids you are sponsoring desperately need. If you are taking on those kids to support, you have to realize your decisions are now bigger than yourself. Being careless at a job hurts not only you, but them.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »
Ignore

didnt his dad encourage him to quit the gas company to go to the on company or ameriscam..whichever it was..

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »
Ignore

You can learn from mistakes while not having regrets. Many things I have failed at in the past are things I don't regret doing, but I learned from them all the same.

And you have proved my point. By looking ahead or investing all your time and energy into focusing on Kenya, you are actually hurting your chances of ever moving there and hurting the money those kids you are sponsoring desperately need. If you are taking on those kids to support, you have to realize your decisions are now bigger than yourself. Being careless at a job hurts not only you, but them.

I agree with you on this post.  And, I may have been a little careless with Dell.  I will not deny that.  The good news is, though, I have another chance with Xerox.  I'm just on an extended, unpaid vacation as my dad calls it.  Thankfully, this vacation has an end date in just 3 1/2 weeks.  The bad news, I lost my job at Dell.  The good news, I have another job to take its place.  It doesn't pay as much, but it pays a heck of a lot more than $0.00 and it is stable employment.  I'm going to hang on to Xerox with all I've got, so i don't hurt my children.  My children will not go hungry because of my job situation.  I have a job, and I'm proud of it.

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »
Ignore

Can't you get unemployment benefits for the next 3 1/2 weeks?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 24, 2012, 03:40:27 pm »
Ignore

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »
Ignore

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?

Even if not, it would be retroactive, right? So it can only help you.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 24, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »
Ignore

Maybe, but doesn't it take forever for it to get started?  I know the tried and true answer will be "it'll take forever if you never get started", but seriously even if I did apply let's say on Tuesday (after the holiday), will I be approved and have checks coming in my mail before Friday, June 15, 2012?

Even if not, it would be retroactive, right? So it can only help you.

One thing I need to get over is pride.  I have never taken a dime from the government dole, and I don't want to start now, especially if my current financial state says I don't need to.

Having said that, I will definitely be going there on Tuesday.  I don't figure it would do much good on a Friday before a 3-day weekend.

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:03 pm »
Ignore

Pride? You pay taxes. That's what taxes are for - to fund government programs. If you qualify for something, it's only reasonable and certainly nothing to be ashamed of if you accept it. Whether you "need" it or not.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 24, 2012, 03:55:16 pm »
Ignore

Fine, file for it and send it to your kids.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 24, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »
Ignore

Fine, file for it and send it to your kids.

I'll definitely be going down there on Tuesday and seeing what they say.  The worst they can say is "no", right? 

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:52 pm »
Ignore

Bushie reminds me of a few individuals during my partying days - you go to pick up your home boys to go cruising and smoke a couple of joints.  But when you arrive at your buddy's house, you find his uncle's family is visiting and one of his cousin's jumps into the back seat and you have to bring him along for the night.

But after rolling a couple of numbers and getting stoned, listening to all of his cousin's BS totally kills your buzz.  So you tell you buddy, "Sorry, bro, but I can't take any more of your [Inks]ing cousin!"  And you find the first random street in the hood and kick him out of your car.  

Then you burn another one to help convince your buddy not to worry about all the crap his extended family is going to give him in the coming days.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:33:52 pm by consigliere jmfcst »Logged

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »
Ignore

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »
Ignore

Bushie reminds me of a few individuals during my partying days - you go to pick up your home boys to go cruising and smoke a couple of joints.  But when you arrive at your buddy's house, you find his uncle's family is visiting and one of his cousin's jumps into the back seat and you have to bring him along for the night.

But after rolling a couple of numbers and getting stoned, listening to all of his cousin's BS totally kills your buzz.  So you tell you buddy, "Sorry, bro, but I can't take anymore of your [Inks]ing cousin!"  And you find the first random street in the hood and kick him out of your car. 

Then you burn another one to help convince your buddy not to worry about all the crap his extended family is going to give him in the coming days.

That just went miles over my head.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 24, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »
Ignore

I will let you in on a little secret.  Jamespol and I have good, hearty laughs when we review the daily update thread.  We talk at least once or twice a week.  Yes, he still reads the forum through this thing called the Guest account and that no one can ban him from.

Can we all talk about this please?

Which part?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout