As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312111 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: July 19, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

bushie if you did in fact have two 'minor heart attacks' before the age of 30 that is really f'ing bad news.  statistically speaking...very bad.

how much motivation do you need?

being morbidly obese + having two minor heart attacks before age 30 = a very short life expectancy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1726 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »

bushie if you did in fact have two 'minor heart attacks' before the age of 30 that is really f'ing bad news.  statistically speaking...very bad.

how much motivation do you need?

being morbidly obese + having two minor heart attacks before age 30 = a very short life expectancy.

Did you not read my posts?  Is nobody reading my posts?  I said the last incident last November was the motivation for losing 30 pounds which reversed my trend.  Without that incident I likely would have been over 300 pounds by now.  Instead, I'm at 260 right now and am beginning the process of losing more.  The motivation of that incident played itself out earlier this year, but now, my motivation is my children.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1727 on: July 19, 2012, 09:04:41 PM »

If actually thinking sponsor children are actually yours motivates you to lose weight, good for you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1728 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 10:32:28 PM by Democrat Mitt Romney »

If actually thinking sponsor children are actually yours motivates you to lose weight, good for you.

It's just as good a motivation as any, isn't it?  Whatever gets me to lose weight should be good, right?  Regardless of the validity of the motivator, its still good!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1729 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »

You had a minor heart attack??? And that wasn't enough motivation?

It was the motivation for losing 25 pounds.  I've since lost track of that motivation and I had to find a new motivation, that being my children.

Actually, that was my 2nd minor heart attack.  The first one was in my Junior Year of High School back in the Fall 1999.  I was actually a normal weight back in high school.  I was in the lunch cafeteria and I felt my chest tighten, my breath become laborous, and my left arm tingle.  I didn't have to leave school, I just had to rest in the principal's office all of 3rd period and was able to go back to 4th period to complete the day.  The first heart attack was a real quick one, while the second heart attack felt like it lasted most of the day.

Was the heart attack actually confirmed by an ECG?

And so what if it's 102 during the day?  You CAN walk at night, you know.  Stop making excuses.  If you really wanted to get in shape, you could easily start doing it right now.

No, neither heart attack was confirmed by ECG.  It just felt extremely similar to one.

I'm not going to start doing everything at once.  I'm going to start with the diet and then as time goes on add in the exercise.  I don't want to overwhelm myself at the very front.  I want to gradually ease into this.  Will I eventually do both?  Yes, but I want to ease into it first instead of starting full throttle right away and burning out.  The last thing I want to is burn out and see the 25 pounds I lost earlier this year come back.

How the f*** can you burn out by doing both eating healthier and exercising??

No one is suggesting you try to start running several miles a day, but you should be able to eat healthier and go for some walks without burning out.....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1730 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:06 PM »

You had a minor heart attack??? And that wasn't enough motivation?

It was the motivation for losing 25 pounds.  I've since lost track of that motivation and I had to find a new motivation, that being my children.

Actually, that was my 2nd minor heart attack.  The first one was in my Junior Year of High School back in the Fall 1999.  I was actually a normal weight back in high school.  I was in the lunch cafeteria and I felt my chest tighten, my breath become laborous, and my left arm tingle.  I didn't have to leave school, I just had to rest in the principal's office all of 3rd period and was able to go back to 4th period to complete the day.  The first heart attack was a real quick one, while the second heart attack felt like it lasted most of the day.

Was the heart attack actually confirmed by an ECG?

And so what if it's 102 during the day?  You CAN walk at night, you know.  Stop making excuses.  If you really wanted to get in shape, you could easily start doing it right now.

No, neither heart attack was confirmed by ECG.  It just felt extremely similar to one.

I'm not going to start doing everything at once.  I'm going to start with the diet and then as time goes on add in the exercise.  I don't want to overwhelm myself at the very front.  I want to gradually ease into this.  Will I eventually do both?  Yes, but I want to ease into it first instead of starting full throttle right away and burning out.  The last thing I want to is burn out and see the 25 pounds I lost earlier this year come back.

How the f*** can you burn out by doing both eating healthier and exercising??

No one is suggesting you try to start running several miles a day, but you should be able to eat healthier and go for some walks without burning out.....

I was going too hard and trying to do too much.  Plus, I got caught up in planning for Kenya that I lost track of what I was doing.  Not to mention, when my body got home, my mind was still in Kenya even now, 4 months later.

That's in the past now, it doesn't matter and it doesn't affect what I'm doing now.

It is 20 minutes until midnight, Friday, 20 July 2012.  This means, I am 20 minutes away from officially beginning this diet.  I've put it off long enough, its time to get back to what I was doing late last year and early this year.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1731 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »

I agree, whatever motivates you to lose weight is good. See, I don't use the possibility of me dying 30 to 40 years early as a motivation. The thought of me seeing a black President was mine. Of course, that happened in 2008 so I just stoped working out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1732 on: July 20, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »

Insert dates, Bushie:

Last visit to IHOP =

Last visit to fast food chain =

Last time mom made something smothered in butter =

Last visit to Cracker Barrell =

K?  Thx.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1733 on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »

Insert dates, Bushie:

Last visit to IHOP = Probably 2-3 weeks ago

Last visit to fast food chain = Last night

Last time mom made something smothered in butter = Long time ago, probably a year or more

Last visit to Cracker Barrell = Last Saturday Afternoon

K?  Thx.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1734 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »

I'm suspicious that momma's home cooking is healthy in any way shape or form, but ok.....start eating better and walk and all will be well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1735 on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »

I'm suspicious that momma's home cooking is healthy in any way shape or form, but ok.....start eating better and walk and all will be well.

The problem is she doesn't cook very often.  Tonight, we're having soft tacos, but she doesn't cook a whole lot, so when I'm over there we're either grilling out or eating out.  She cooks more during the winter months, but still not very often.  Usually, if anybody cooks a family dinner, its my grandmother.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1736 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »

My plan to move to Kenya has not abated one bit in the past 4 months.  This passion for missions has been 30 years 3 months in the making and 9 months in knowledge.  God has been preparing me my entire life for such a time as this.  He brought this opportunity before me to go to Kenya late October 2011.  I initially  made a mistake and declined the opportunity.  God put His hands on my shoulder and it wasn’t more than 2 weeks later that I had changed course and was seeking information about Maisha International Orphanage.  I am so glad God changed my mind or I would have missed a HUGE blessing.  I have fallen in love with Kenya, the Kenyan People, and especially my children, Phelix and Mercy.  I have a passion to one day make my home in Kisumu and spread my ministry to the region such as Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia, and if God permits, Somalia.  I still have some ministry left in Oklahoma, but my heart is still in East Africa.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1737 on: July 21, 2012, 12:05:41 AM »

those aren't their real names dude.  you shameless cultural imperialist.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1738 on: July 21, 2012, 01:57:31 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2012, 02:01:48 AM by Senator Sbane »

Bushie, if you have had a heart attack already you need to immediately go on a whole foods, plant based diet if you want to live past 40. Do you take drugs for your cholesterol and blood pressure? Are you a diabetic? If you are, your chances of having another heart attack just went up even more. Do you monitor your cholesterol and blood sugar often?

Also if you can, please watch the movie "Forks over Knives". The insistence that meat and dairy products cause cancer are controversial, but otherwise the movie is right on in showing you what you should be eating most of the time. In your case I would not eat any animal product, except for completely fat free milk. Not 1% or 2%, completely fat free. And no oil whatsoever. Not only no butter or margarine, but no olive or canola oil either. Just put grilling spices on vegetables and bake them. Eat them along with high fiber whole grain bread. Also no processed foods whatsoever. If you have had a heart attack and you don't take these drastic steps, you will not live very long.

Also most importantly, if you haven't told you doctor about these possible heart attacks, do so immediately.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1739 on: July 21, 2012, 05:22:28 AM »

those aren't their real names dude.  you shameless cultural imperialist.

You expect Bushie to post the real names of minors here on Atlas?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1740 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »

I'm proud of where I've come since last November.  I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.  I've fallen off the bandwagon in the past 3 or 4 months.  I'm determined to get back on the bandwagon.  The only thing I'm still doing right is not drinking regular soda, except on a rare occasion.  I am now drinking Diet Dr Pepper, Sprite Zero, an occasional glass of milk, and good ole' water!  I am currently in the process of lowering the soda intake and raising the water intake.  If I can get them to at least be even with one another in consumption, I'll be doing well.  Next thing I need to do is eat at the house.  Even if its not the healthiest food, its still better than consuming a half pound or a 2/3 pound grease bucket otherwise known as a hamburger and better than consuming those large death sticks (otherwise known as french fries).  Those are okay once in a while, but that's it, once in a while, not once a day or really even once a week.  I'll start with the dieting for now, and then as the temperatures start cooling down late this summer heading into the fall, I'll start getting outside and walking.  Right now, I weigh ~260.0, my goal is to be at least 245 by my doctor's appointments at the end of September and the beginning of October.  Beyond that, my goal is to be down to 235 by Thanksgiving and 225 by New Year's.  I'm not going to make any goals beyond that for now as I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not on track toward that goal.  The only reason I won't get outside now is we're entering a stretch of 103-107 degree heat that has no real end in sight.

Bushie, you want to lose 15 pounds by the end of September, right?  You've been promising and promising to improve yourself, and then reneging on those promises, disappointing all the good folks here that have gotten involved with your story and really want to help you.  One could almost say your constant moves towards doing something good, then not, are trolling the audience.

Proposal on that front: that this is now time to put up or shut up.  Over the next two moths between now and September 30th, you reduce your weight to 245 lbs.  If you are unsuccessful in doing so, I will give your posts in this thread 50 infraction points and get you on Mod Review.

I am doing this not because I don't like you (I do like you, and think you're a good person), but because, like the rest of the good folks here, I'm concerned about you.  I realize this isn't much encouragement, but it's the most I have the power to do, and I sincerely hope you succeed.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1741 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »

^ Mikado is completely serious; the Mod team discussed this and we* are in full agreement.

* Those of us who actually give a sh[inks], anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1742 on: July 21, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »

I'm proud of where I've come since last November.  I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.  I've fallen off the bandwagon in the past 3 or 4 months.  I'm determined to get back on the bandwagon.  The only thing I'm still doing right is not drinking regular soda, except on a rare occasion.  I am now drinking Diet Dr Pepper, Sprite Zero, an occasional glass of milk, and good ole' water!  I am currently in the process of lowering the soda intake and raising the water intake.  If I can get them to at least be even with one another in consumption, I'll be doing well.  Next thing I need to do is eat at the house.  Even if its not the healthiest food, its still better than consuming a half pound or a 2/3 pound grease bucket otherwise known as a hamburger and better than consuming those large death sticks (otherwise known as french fries).  Those are okay once in a while, but that's it, once in a while, not once a day or really even once a week.  I'll start with the dieting for now, and then as the temperatures start cooling down late this summer heading into the fall, I'll start getting outside and walking.  Right now, I weigh ~260.0, my goal is to be at least 245 by my doctor's appointments at the end of September and the beginning of October.  Beyond that, my goal is to be down to 235 by Thanksgiving and 225 by New Year's.  I'm not going to make any goals beyond that for now as I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not on track toward that goal.  The only reason I won't get outside now is we're entering a stretch of 103-107 degree heat that has no real end in sight.

Bushie, you want to lose 15 pounds by the end of September, right?  You've been promising and promising to improve yourself, and then reneging on those promises, disappointing all the good folks here that have gotten involved with your story and really want to help you.  One could almost say your constant moves towards doing something good, then not, are trolling the audience.

Proposal on that front: that this is now time to put up or shut up.  Over the next two moths between now and September 30th, you reduce your weight to 245 lbs.  If you are unsuccessful in doing so, I will give your posts in this thread 50 infraction points and get you on Mod Review.

I am doing this not because I don't like you (I do like you, and think you're a good person), but because, like the rest of the good folks here, I'm concerned about you.  I realize this isn't much encouragement, but it's the most I have the power to do, and I sincerely hope you succeed.

I don't like the fact that my Forum life is on the line here, but I'll take the proposal.  I have to be down to 245 lbs by 30 September.  I am already on my way.  Of course, the diet just started yesterday, so I haven't really lost anything yet, except a half a pound.  I can do this and I will do this.  Today, I'm going to eat real light.  Except for some Diet Dr. Pepper and Water to keep my voice lubricated while I take calls, I'm going to just have a sandwich for lunch and a couple sandwiches for dinner.  I'll be hungry by the time I get off work at 10:15 this evening, but I'll live.  Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better than this morning was.  I'll check in again with you tonight.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1743 on: July 21, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »

It's on the line to give you encouragement.  We want you to succeed.

Even if you fail, a period of mod review isn't the end of Forum life, either.  You'll be back in action in just over a week.

The point is that constantly saying you're going to lose the weight and not doing so, and disregarding all of the assistance offered you in this thread, is, in a very real sense, trolling the forum.

For the record I'm 100% confident that if you try, you can get yourself to 245 by September 30th, and I wouldn't have made this challenge if I wasn't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: July 21, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

It's on the line to give you encouragement.  We want you to succeed.

Even if you fail, a period of mod review isn't the end of Forum life, either.  You'll be back in action in just over a week.

The point is that constantly saying you're going to lose the weight and not doing so, and disregarding all of the assistance offered you in this thread, is, in a very real sense, trolling the forum.

For the record I'm 100% confident that if you try, you can get yourself to 245 by September 30th, and I wouldn't have made this challenge if I wasn't.

Oh, I know I can do it.  And, I'm already on my way!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1745 on: July 21, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »

I don't like the fact that my Forum life is on the line here, but I'll take the proposal.  I have to be down to 245 lbs by 30 September.  I am already on my way.  Of course, the diet just started yesterday, so I haven't really lost anything yet, except a half a pound.  I can do this and I will do this.  Today, I'm going to eat real light.  Except for some Diet Dr. Pepper and Water to keep my voice lubricated while I take calls, I'm going to just have a sandwich for lunch and a couple sandwiches for dinner.  I'll be hungry by the time I get off work at 10:15 this evening, but I'll live.  Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better than this morning was.  I'll check in again with you tonight.

Drink only water Bushie. Why do you need to put any other liquid in your body?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1746 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

I did pretty good today.  I only had a couple sandwiches and some chips for dinner, and nothing for lunch.  I should be able to lose a little bit in the morning.  So, I had my only meal of the day at 5:30 pm this evening.  Maybe that's going too far the other way, but I woke up too late for breakfast and ran out of time for lunch.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1747 on: July 21, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »

What do you mean when you say "a couple of sandwiches"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1748 on: July 21, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »

What do you mean when you say "a couple of sandwiches"?

Ham sandwiches with mustard, lettuce, and a slice of cheese.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1749 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:43 AM »

I know it's not good to weigh yourself more than once a day (or really once a week), but I had to take a peek just a bit ago.  I'm already underneath what I weighed in at Saturday morning.  I was at 263.8 Saturday morning and down to 263.4 Saturday night.  I'm finished with food for the night, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose a little bit of weight.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies