As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:49:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313508 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: July 22, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »

those aren't their real names dude.  you shameless cultural imperialist.

You expect Bushie to post the real names of minors here on Atlas?

Exactly, I learned my lesson with a few death points over that a couple years ago.  I just posted their first names this time, not their last names.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1751 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »

What do you mean when you say "a couple of sandwiches"?

And chips! It's part of the new health craze.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1752 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »

Bushie, nothing is guaranteed. Nothing at all. Just because you dropped .4 pounds doesn't mean a darn thing in the long run. Not that you should be discouraged. I've wavered between like a range of five pounds over the course of a week, and not all in a trend either. Just saying. But keep hanging in there and keep trying. I haven't been reading this entire thread, but I'll assume you've been walking regularly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1753 on: July 22, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »

I weighed in this morning at 261.8 which is 2 pounds down from where I was yesterday morning.  Good start, there's a lot of work left to do!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1754 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »

Godspeed, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1755 on: July 23, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »

Another pretty good day on my diet.  I went through the same routine on Sunday as I did on Saturday, so I should lose a little bit more by the time I wake up this morning.  One of the things I need to do, though, is find a way to eat healthy throughout the day instead of eating my first meal of the day at 17:30.  That will let me lose weight for a little bit, but that's not sustainable, and I will burn out quickly because I'll get hungry.  If I can make myself get up a little earlier of a morning or force myself to step away from the computer for just a few minutes to get a decently healthy late breakfast or early lunch and then continue with a decently healthy dinner, I'll be in better shape and better set up for the long term.  Any suggestions on a breakfast item(s) that tastes great, is easy and quick to prepare, and will give me the nutrients I need to last until my dinner time?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1756 on: July 23, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »

hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon doused with honey
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1757 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon doused with honey

That actually sounds pretty appetizing.  I may try that pretty soon.  Thanks!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1758 on: July 23, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »

Try making oatmeal. It's pretty cheap, quick to make, and reasonably healthy unless you douse it in sugar.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1759 on: July 23, 2012, 12:58:51 AM »

Try making oatmeal. It's pretty cheap, quick to make, and reasonably healthy unless you douse it in sugar.

I do put quite a bit of brown sugar in oatmeal, generally.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1760 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:52 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2012, 01:18:08 AM by Lief »

Low-fat yogurt (real yogurt, not Yoplait or whatever, that's just sugar) + fruits (+ possibly granola, but a lot of granola is way too sugary and not actually good for you, despite what the package might say) is good. You can even buy lots of frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mango chunks, whatever you want) so you don't have to worry about them going bad or whatever. You can put some honey or splenda on top as well if you'd like it a bit sweeter.

Also whole grain toast + natural peanut butter (look on the back of the jar of peanut butter, if the ingredients are anything besides peanuts and salt you're doing it wrong) + sliced banana (+ a little bit of honey) is really delicious and filling. It's probably not super low fat/calories but compared to what most Americans eat, it's fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1761 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:24 AM »

Low-fat yogurt (real yogurt, not Yoplait or whatever, that's just sugar) + fruits (+ possibly granola, but a lot of granola is way too sugary and not actually good for you, despite what the package might say) is good. You can even buy lots of frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mango chunks, whatever you want) so you don't have to worry about them going bad or whatever. You can put some honey or splenda on top as well if you'd like it a bit sweeter.

Also whole grain toast + natural peanut butter (look on the back of the jar of peanut butter, if the ingredients are anything besides peanuts and salt you're doing it wrong) + sliced banana (+ a little bit of honey) is really delicious and filling. It's probably not super low fat but compared to what most Americans eat, it's fine.

All of that does sound delicious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1762 on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2012, 01:21:08 AM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

Bushie, do you ever go to things in downtown OKC and walk to them? I started a new policy of walking to anything I wanted to go to in downtown Minneapolis and lost 15 pounds in a couple months with basically no change in my diet whatsoever.

Also you should look up where the shows are in OKC. The moshing and dancing is a big workout. I once did an experiment and found out that I lost six pounds after going to Dude Fest, despite the fact my diet the whole time was an utter disaster (it was basically nothing but McDonald's, potato chips, ice cream, and alcohol.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1763 on: July 23, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »

Bushie, do you ever go to things in downtown OKC and walk to them? I started a new policy of walking to anything I wanted to go to in downtown Minneapolis and lost 15 pounds in a couple months with basically no change in my diet whatsoever.

Also you should look up where the shows are in OKC. The moshing and dancing is a big workout. I once did an experiment and found out that I lost six pounds after going to Dude Fest, despite the fact my diet the whole time was an utter disaster (it was basically nothing but McDonald's, potato chips, ice cream, and alcohol.)

I don't do much in Bricktown or Downtown OKC very often, mainly because I don't have anyone to go with, hardly.  I would love to experience a little of the "night life" in Oklahoma City which is pretty bustling, I just don't have very many people to go with who I would like to hang out with.  Most of them either stay home or have their own families or drink, smoke, swear, and are "naughty" to a degree.  Things I don't need to be around being a clergyman.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1764 on: July 23, 2012, 01:46:24 AM »

Can somebody please just get Bushie some adderall? Sometimes drugs are the answer.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1765 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »

Maybe when I go up to Oklahoma next month I'll take him out for a nice walk in the park with me, so he doesn't feel like a pedo.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1766 on: July 23, 2012, 08:17:49 AM »

I'm gonna agree with BRTD for maybe the second time in my life here. Moshing is an incredible workout.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1767 on: July 23, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »

Also, congrats BushOaklahoma. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: July 23, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »

The weight is dropping like nobody's business.  As of this morning, I am down to 258.1.  I started at 263.8 on Friday.  That's nearly 6 pounds in 72 hours...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1769 on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2012, 12:18:27 PM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

I don't do much in Bricktown or Downtown OKC very often, mainly because I don't have anyone to go with, hardly.  I would love to experience a little of the "night life" in Oklahoma City which is pretty bustling, I just don't have very many people to go with who I would like to hang out with.  Most of them either stay home or have their own families or drink, smoke, swear, and are "naughty" to a degree.  Things I don't need to be around being a clergyman.

What? I know clergy who hang out with people who do those things/frequently do them themselves. I even once heard an anecdote where some guy talked about how he had to get up at 9AM to speak at some church despite being hung over. Oklahoma really is that backward and messed up after all.

Bushie, would it actually be a scandal at your church if it was found out that someone who goes it to regularly used weed?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1770 on: July 23, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »

I'm glad Catholics (at least in that respect) aren't crazies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1771 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

I'm glad Catholics (at least in that respect) aren't crazies.

Considering that they don't even let their priests get married...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1772 on: July 24, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »

I am in the 5th day of this Thanksgiving 2012 Diet.  I started at a weight of 263.8.  As of this morning, I am down to 257.  Nearly 7 pounds in just 4 days.  I've just been eating less.  Plain and simple.  I haven't developed or used a x-step program.  I've just been eating less.  That 257, puts me at a grand total of 28 pounds lost since I started my first diet on 14 November, 2011.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1773 on: July 24, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

I know it's not good to weigh yourself more than once a day (or really once a week), but I had to take a peek just a bit ago.  I'm already underneath what I weighed in at Saturday morning.  I was at 263.8 Saturday morning and down to 263.4 Saturday night.  I'm finished with food for the night, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose a little bit of weight.

Depending on the quality of your scale, and if you weighed yourself in the same clothes, you do realize that that's a negligible amount of weight lost that's most likely within the margin of error of the scale.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1774 on: July 24, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »

Although I now see you've lost more.  Good to see - keep it up! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105  
« previous next »