As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:16:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312156 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

Yeah, why not approach a rental company, and see if you can get them to rent out your OK house for you (I assume that would be a lot more manageable than handling it yourself, if you'll be in a different state)?

Also, Obamacare's provisions for pre-existing conditions haven't kicked in yet, have they?  Since you were saying that you might need surgery in the near future, is your health insurance at your new job actually going to cover that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1851 on: August 01, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »

I'm considering renting the house to help with the cost, but I'm not really fond of the idea.  The way I'm feeling now, I will be able to avoid the surgery altogether and won't even have to go down to Ada at all.  The hemorrhoid is pretty much gone or at least is not bothersome anymore.

I've already got my itinerary mapped out for the drive up there and according to Google Maps, the best way to go is up through Denver and southern Wyoming and enter Utah from the Northeast.  I'm going to leave OKC on Thursday, August 23 and I'm going to try to leave at 5:00 am and try to spend the night on the north side of Denver so I can avoid the Friday morning rush hour.  That would make a 12 hour day on Thursday and an 8 hour day on Friday with stops factored in.  If you guys know of a better way that's mostly interstate, let me know.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1852 on: August 01, 2012, 03:21:03 AM »

I'm considering renting the house to help with the cost, but I'm not really fond of the idea. 

Look, to be blunt here, maintaining homes in two separate states like you're suggesting is just utterly ridiculous on your salary.  You should just pick one or the other city to live in and maintain one home there.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1853 on: August 01, 2012, 04:33:33 AM »

Your life should not have plot twists. Your should be constant and follow an unyielding pattern. Get up, run, shower, eat, go to work, eat lunch, go back to work, run some more, eat dinner, do something cultural, repeat again. You keep on doing the same thing over and over. You do not leave your job, you do not take foreign adventures. You stay put, and maybe, just maybe, they'll leave you be.

Hahaha, oh my god, that was the exact opposite of the advice you want to be giving to someone with OCPD.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1854 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:58 AM »

What happened to the money mentioned in this dangling plot thread?:

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1855 on: August 01, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »

What happened to the money mentioned in this dangling plot thread?:

It is official!  At 19:59 CDT Wednesday, 16 May 2012, my trip to the Republic of Kenya in March 2013 has been PAID IN FULL!!

I'll get it back.  I'm going to call Maisha this morning and get the money refunded.  They will get with the donor if they want the money back or what.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1856 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:37 AM »

Bushie, you need to think about your sons in Kenya! Looks like they are going to have to grow up without their daddy around now. Sad
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1857 on: August 01, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »

Things change.  God doesn't.  You were telling us you knew that God was telling you - that he spoke to you.  God's spoken words don't change.

What are you trying to accomplish, Inks?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1858 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »

I'm considering renting the house to help with the cost, but I'm not really fond of the idea..

No one likes or enjoys renting out their property. It's the cash flow that makes it compelling because otherwise you can't afford to maintain two properties.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1859 on: August 01, 2012, 08:27:06 AM »

Things change.  God doesn't.  You were telling us you knew that God was telling you - that he spoke to you.  God's spoken words don't change.

Mockery.....shame Mik won't slap him with quick 10 death point barage.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1860 on: August 01, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

Why would he? He's just mentioning what Bushie has already told us.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1861 on: August 01, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »

I've had several jobs in my life. Plenty have been crappy, low wage service jobs. None have been "bait and switch." I don't understand where he keeps finding these defective jobs. And while my math skills are quite rudimentary, it's pretty clear his financials don't add up. But, whatever. I'll suspend my disbelief. I enjoy the narrative as much as everybody else.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1862 on: August 01, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

Jeff..I know you're nervous about possibly renting out your house, but perhaps you could speak to your church about someone who might need it on a month to month basis. That way, you've got someone who you might feel comfortable with living there and helping you with the bills. If things fail in Utah and you move back, worse thing that happens is you live with your parents for a few weeks until they've moved out, and you're back in your house.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1863 on: August 01, 2012, 01:39:14 PM »

Definitely rent the house. Leaving a house vacant only leads to problems. My grandfather has his old home in North Carolina that he refuses to rent and it costs him $25,000 a year to maintain with all the problems and the like that goes on. If you're making only $33,000 a year, I doubt you will be able to maintain two properties, and it would be selfish to ask your parents to foot the bill yet again for it because you're too afraid to make a full jump to Utah.

Don't go out there expecting to fail or keeping a safety net. The best way to go it is to go and make the best of it, whatever happens will happen and you will learn from it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1864 on: August 01, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »

Definitely rent the house. Leaving a house vacant only leads to problems. My grandfather has his old home in North Carolina that he refuses to rent and it costs him $25,000 a year to maintain with all the problems and the like that goes on. If you're making only $33,000 a year, I doubt you will be able to maintain two properties, and it would be selfish to ask your parents to foot the bill yet again for it because you're too afraid to make a full jump to Utah.

Don't go out there expecting to fail or keeping a safety net. The best way to go it is to go and make the best of it, whatever happens will happen and you will learn from it.

I couldn't agree with this more. Of course, I wasn't dependent on my parents before I moved out of Connecticut, but now that I'm in Texas, I'm even more independent now than I was before. This move to Utah will help you grow up quite a bit. But seriously, don't leave your house vacant. You simply can't afford rent in Utah, and to pay mortgage, and your utilities in Oklahoma at that pay. I'm sure there is a family from your church who could use a house for a few months, and you could use the money, especially with your pay now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1865 on: August 01, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »

Utah is a nice place.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1866 on: August 01, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »

I don't get the fear of renting out your house Bushie. Heck, I rent out lots of properties. Plus the rent you get will be largely tax sheltered by the depreciation that you can take, plus the tenant will be paying for utilities and taking care of the yard (put that in your lease, the duty of the tenant to maintain the yard, and if he doesn't, send in a gardener and charge him for it). 5K or 6K a year after tax is a big number for you. Anything that  I don't have rented out, and am not otherwise using, I get antsy about the opportunity cost involved.

But it won't be the first decision of yours that has baffled me. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1867 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »

Not at all.  I'm genuinely curious how Jeff can rationalize that he heard God tell him to go to Kenya and that was what God wanted him to do, just to turn around and not go to Kenya.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1868 on: August 01, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

Things have changed a bit.  I am going to be keeping the utilities of the house (~$150) and will be leasing it out on a month to month basis. I am having them pay the mortgage and I'll pay the utilities.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1869 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »

Things have changed a bit.  I am going to be keeping the utilities of the house (~$150) and will be leasing it out on a month to month basis. I am having them pay the mortgage and I'll pay the utilities.

Does the rent you can get for the property cover the mortgage?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1870 on: August 01, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

Things have changed a bit.  I am going to be keeping the utilities of the house (~$150) and will be leasing it out on a month to month basis. I am having them pay the mortgage and I'll pay the utilities.

Does the rent you can get for the property cover the mortgage?

The vast majority of it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1871 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »

Okay, folks.  Here is the final timeline for the big move.  I will turn in my formal acceptance letter to my supervisor on Saturday and at the same time turn in my Oklahoma City badge.  Then, I will sleep in my house for the last time on the night of! Wednesday, August 15 and spend the next four nights at my parents house.  Mom and I will leave her house bound for Midvale, Utah where the apartment is located at 4:30 am CDT on Monday, August 20, 2012.  We are going to stop for the night in Ft Collins, Colorado.  We will get up and leave Ft Collins at 7:00 am MDT on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 and hope to arrive in Midvale, Utah by 14:00.  We will probably get a room that night and move into the apartment on Wednesday, August 22, 2012.  My father will rent an SUV and leave Oklahoma on Friday, August 24, 2012.  When he arrives we'll probably eat dinner and relax the rest of the evening.  We'll finish moving stuff in oln Sunday and Monday, August 26-27, 2012 before Mom and Dad head back to Oklahoma on Tuesday, August 28, 2012.  That may be the last I see of them in 2012.  I'm expecting to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at home.  I report to work on Monday, September 17, 2012.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1872 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

Glad to hear you doing this Jeff. It's a big step in really growing up. You'll find life is really different when you put this kind of distance between you and your family. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends back in Connecitcut and now Pennsylvania,... But I'm loving making a new life for myself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1873 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »

Glad to hear you doing this Jeff. It's a big step in really growing up. You'll find life is really different when you put this kind of distance between you and your family. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends back in Connecitcut and now Pennsylvania,... But I'm loving making a new life for myself.

Thanks, Andrew!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1874 on: August 02, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »

Here is some excellent news!  My Supervisor in Salt Lake City called me about 1:00 pm today and wanted to make sure I was still on board.  I replied in the affirmative.  He also said he wants to meet with me in person the week I get there, probably on August 22 or 23 so he can get to know me and I can get to know him and so I'll know where to report when the time comes.  I thought that was very courteous of him to reach out to me and want to meet me in person when i get there.  The job is guaranteed, he just wants to know who he's working with.

I've got the movers scheduled and the apartment almost reserved.  I am filling out the apartment application now and will scan that in within the next hour.  The application should be approved by Monday or Tuesday.  The movers are going to pick my furniture up on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 and deliver it as early as Tuesday, August 21, 2012.  So, with that said, my mother and I are going to leave Oklahoma City on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 4:30 am CDT and get to Utah around 1:00-2:00 pm MDT on Monday, August 20, 2012.  We're going to go ahead and lease the apartment that evening so we can be there in case the movers show up on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies